fast food - let's try this again

Replies

• ShiloughCoy
    ShiloughCoy Posts: 73
    I don't think there is anything at McDonalds that is healthy....except maybe water :smile:

They probably put beef fat in the water, too!! LOL
  • ShiloughCoy
    ShiloughCoy Posts: 73
    Good rule of thumb I heard: "If it comes in a paperbag through the window of your car, it's not food". :)
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,728 Member
    Who cares if its healthy? It's McDonalds! Yummy
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    YUM!!!!!!! :sick:

INGREDIENTS:
    Egg(s) Whole Pasteurized, with Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Citric Acid and,, Monosodium Phosphate To Protect Color,, Nisin Preparation Preservative,, Prepared with Margarine Liquid :,, Soybean(s) Oil Liquid, Water, Soybean(s) Oil Partially Hydrogenated, Salt, Cottonseed Oil Hydrogenated, Soy Lecithin, Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Flavor(s) Artificial, Citric Acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene, Egg(s) Whole Pasteurized, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Citric Acid, Monosodium Phosphate, Nisin Preparation, Margarine Liquid, Soybean(s) Oil Liquid, Water, Soybean(s) Oil Partially Hydrogenated, Salt, Cottonseed Oil Hydrogenated, Soy Lecithin, Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate and,, Potassium Sorbate Preservative,, Flavor(s) Artificial, Citric Acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene color(s),

drool.gif

That reminds me to pick up some margarine liquid and Mono & Diglycerides at the grocery store this weekend! :love:
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    Good rule of thumb I heard: "If it comes in a paperbag through the window of your car, it's not food". :)

LOLthats a good one to remmeber :)
  • ♥jewel♥
    ♥jewel♥ Posts: 839
    YUM!!!!!!! :sick:

INGREDIENTS:
    Egg(s) Whole Pasteurized, with Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Citric Acid and,, Monosodium Phosphate To Protect Color,, Nisin Preparation Preservative,, Prepared with Margarine Liquid :,, Soybean(s) Oil Liquid, Water, Soybean(s) Oil Partially Hydrogenated, Salt, Cottonseed Oil Hydrogenated, Soy Lecithin, Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Flavor(s) Artificial, Citric Acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene, Egg(s) Whole Pasteurized, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Citric Acid, Monosodium Phosphate, Nisin Preparation, Margarine Liquid, Soybean(s) Oil Liquid, Water, Soybean(s) Oil Partially Hydrogenated, Salt, Cottonseed Oil Hydrogenated, Soy Lecithin, Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate and,, Potassium Sorbate Preservative,, Flavor(s) Artificial, Citric Acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene color(s),

That's the ingredients for Eggs??

I thought eggs came from chickens, not a chemical processing plant?
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    but.....but......it only has a WW points value of 4
    :devil:
  • GLLove
    GLLove Posts: 77
    babycakes... Link is not working...

BUT how could it NOT be healthy .. its MCDONALDS!!! the shining beacon of health! :huh:

I must be hungry...I read that "shining BACON of health" :) bacon...yum
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    All I got was the nutritional value of two scrambled eggs at McDonald's, am I missing something here?

yeah, look at the ingredients...

that is honestly, utterly terrifying. they shouldn't be allowed to call that eggs!
  • MindyLynn77
    MindyLynn77 Posts: 126
    okay so...my craving for a sausage egg and cheese biscuit with grape jelly is officially uncraved.. thanks boo :) LOL
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    They HAVE to put that much crap in it... how else would they fit 11g of fat in two eggs?? :tongue:
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    and THIS TIME PEOPLE try to copy/paste and read before you start screaming at me and causing me to get my damn thread locked again...

http://www.foodfacts.com/food/Breakfast/McDonald's Scrambled Eggs (Two Eggs)/23634

i dare you to tell me it's healthy :D
    I k now right, why can't the eggs be JUST EGGS!!! F#@king McDonald's (and fast food in general)!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    I had jury duty this week and failed to bring my lunch. We all took lunch at McDonalds and while I was there I got a little chuckle out of a sign they had up. It said something to the effect of: "It's so good because we make it the way you would" Really? Seriously? I couldn't believe my eyes. cuz last time I made eggs I'm pretty sure I just cracked an egg into a frying pan that I had wiped with a little canola oil. And don't even get me started on what's in the french fries.

My biggest beef with McDonald's and other fast food is not the calories, it's the ingredients. Our tastebuds have been trained to think that this is what food is supposed to taste like so this is what we crave. When we eat something natural, it doesn't taste as good to us at first because it lacks the enhanced flavor of all these chemicals. Fortunately our taste buds can be retrained to enjoy natural food again.

Oh and BTW, I DID eat there. I had one of the WORST things on the menu... a FiletO'Fish and even though it has been about 6 months since I ate fast food, it still actually tasted good to me. How sad is that? I can't even count the ingredients here is a complete list of ingredients: Fish Filet (Hoki and Pollock), water, food starch-modified, yellow corn flour, bleached wheat flour, salt, whey, dextrose, dried yeast, sugar, sodium polyphosphate,
    potassium polyphosphate, cellulose gum, paprika and turmeric extract (color), natural flavors (plant source). Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean
    oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.Enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, enzymes), water, high fructose corn syrup,
    sugar, yeast, soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated soybean oil, contains 2% or less of the following: salt, calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate, wheat gluten,
    ammonium sulfate, ammonium chloride, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate, datem, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated
    monoglycerides, monocalcium phosphate, enzymes, guar gum, calcium peroxide, soy flour), calcium propionate and sodium propionate (preservatives), soy lecithin.Milk, water, milkfat, cheese culture, sodium citrate, salt, citric acid, sorbic acid (preservative), sodium phosphate, artificial color, lactic acid, acetic acid, enzymes, soy
    lecithin (added for slice separation).Soybean oil, pickle relish [diced pickles, vinegar, salt, capers, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate (preservative), calcium chloride, spice extractives, polysorbate 80],
    egg yolks, water, onions, distilled vinegar, sugar, spice, salt, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate (preservative), parsley.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    I dont understand the point of this thread? Okay no nothing at McDonalds or any other non home place is going to be real healthy.. But you know most of what Americans cook at home isn't healthy either. However, those eggs have a lot of protein, which is great for your muscles and are about the same calories as 2 real eggs and way better for you then a BIG MAC or a sausage biscuit or whatever else you're thinking of getting from there. Not jumping on you for posting.. Not sure what point you were trying to get across eithe though.
    As far as pronouncing what's in them. Can you pronounce everything in the pasta, or the cereal, or protein shake, or the anything not able to be grown?
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 574 Member
    Wow. I'm not sure where to go with this....you know? Is it uneducation? Is it poverty? I KNOW most people know this crap is bad for them, yet they continue to consume it. My mom and my sisters eat this way quite a bit - mom said once "you know, $10 is 10 hamburgers" cheap, fast, filling (for awhile, then you **** - and are hungry again) but if you eat like this all the time - do you just not know? Or do you not care? Or is it because it's cheap? I mean, think of all the food you could get with $10 at MickyD's - vs. a nice salad (that you have to go buy the ingredients for - I know, I know you can make more than one salad w/the stuff you buy, but it's a lot to initally get started).

I don't know. I do think it sucks and there should be a tax on this crap - just like cigarettes.......
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    seriously only McDonalds could screw up a perfectly healthy prepackage item like an egg! I can't understand why there are so many added ingredients.
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    I dont understand the point of this thread? Okay no nothing at McDonalds or any other non home place is going to be real healthy.. But you know most of what Americans cook at home isn't healthy either. However, those eggs have a lot of protein, which is great for your muscles and are about the same calories as 2 real eggs and way better for you then a BIG MAC or a sausage biscuit or whatever else you're thinking of getting from there. Not jumping on you for posting.. Not sure what point you were trying to get across eithe though.
    As far as pronouncing what's in them. Can you pronounce everything in the pasta, or the cereal, or protein shake, or the anything not able to be grown?

just tyring to make people more aware of what theyre putting in their bodies is all...
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    How DARE you post something like this!! McDonalds IS HEALTHY!!! LMAO

Just kidding I :heart: you!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    I don't think there is anything at McDonalds that is healthy....except maybe water :smile:

They probably put beef fat in the water, too!! LOL

Mmmmm beef fat. I wish they went back to using beef tallow for frying stuff again instead of stupid vegetable based oils, but since people seemed to think that was somehow less healthy, we get hydrogenated oils.
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Just look at that ingredients list! That's a whole lot of unnatural stuff for just two eggs. Thanks I'll make my eggs at home, they taste better anyway! I had two scrambled agges this morning in fact. Ingredients: 2 whole eggs, 1 tablespoon of water and about a teaspoon of butter to cook them in.
This discussion has been closed.