Crazy Cat Lady?

Options
SageGoddess320
SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
Now that the weather is getting nicer, I'd like to start walking outdoors again. I don't have a dog to walk...but I do have a cat. Would it be too crazy cat lady-ish if I put my her in a harness and paraded her around the neighborhood :ohwell:

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    willy-1.gif
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Now that the weather is getting nicer, I'd like to start walking outdoors again. I don't have a dog to walk...but I do have a cat. Would it be too crazy cat lady-ish if I put my her in a harness and paraded her around the neighborhood :ohwell:

Oh my gosh! I would love to see someone doing this! it would be soooo cute! haha DO IT! :love:
  • jesseff
    jesseff Posts: 1
    Options
    Go for it. :smile:
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    willy-1.gif

what is your smilie doing? lol hahahahah
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options

I couldn't get my cat to leave the house let alone get him on a leash....more power to you! :happy:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I've harnessed my cat and taken her outside before..... I felt like THE crazy cat lady for sure :)
    but who cares! Cats usually love it :)
  • babs81
    babs81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to do this with our cat but my husband said I am nuts, I say go for it :-)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    If you walk them with this...
    XbPDA.jpg
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    My cat goes in a Pet Stroller. Yes I am one of those.

Careful with the leash idea....if the cat spooks, or if a dog tries to lunge at it, you could have a problem....

ouch

do it! i'd totally walk my cat if i had one.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: We just got 2 cats about 3 weeks ago and my oldest daughter wants to take hers for a walk on a lead we actually got a lead from the woman we got them from :laugh: :laugh:
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    Options
    My cat wouldn't be able to move. Throws her equilibrium off. Sure would be a cute site to see!
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Not unless you use a stroller
  • roxanne90
    roxanne90 Posts: 95
    Options
    lmao I use to have a cat that walked on a leash. Took some time, but she would do it. Only problem was when we passed a dog or two I'd have to pick her up. AT times it wasn't pretty lmao Good luck :)
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm a dog person, so I may be biased, but yeah... I think you would look a little crazy! :) (no harm intended)

On a more serious side... I walk my dog all the time and I have to say that other dogs can be pretty intimidating, forceful and very not nice! I swear my heart rate increases every time we pass another dog (not from the exercise) because I never know when one might lunge at us or bark like it's about to attack. I would be concerned that you would likely see an unpleasant dog and I wouldn't want you or your cat to meet an unfriendly dog with bad consequences. If you know it is a safe area though, go for it!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    We have a Stray Cat that adopted us about a year ago. She walks with us (without a leash) quite often by her choice. She even sits outside at the edge of the parking lot to wait for us when we go into 7-11 to get Coffee. It really is adorable.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    one of my two cats is harness trained. I take her out for walks, but I have to stay close to home because she is scared of cars.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    You are my kind of woman!!! :smooched: :love:

Can you train my cats too? :flowerforyou:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    firstly make sure your cat likes the harness...I have 2 kitties that i've tried to walk (in the garden) on a harness...the one is o.....k the other one flops as if shes been shot

Next, if theyre ok with the harness make sure your cat is traffic safe...no point scaring the poor thing witless by passing cars. also just how used to traffic would you like your cat to get, it might make them too brave for their own safety.

Then...be aware of passing or loose pooches, could you cope with a snarling dog trying to get your cat at the same time as holding onto a cat trying to tear you to pieces in fright?

Lastly, if youre still game ...be prepared to be known as the crazy cat lady for life, expect cat tin food parcels and crocheted blankets to mysteriously appear on your doorstep!

Ok, very tongue in cheek but the first 3 points do really need to be considered

Regards

CatCrazy, Crazy Cat Lady
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Would it be too crazy cat lady-ish if I put my her in a harness and paraded her around the neighborhood :ohwell:

As long as she likes walking outside, why not?

ETA: Oh wait, we are talking about ONE cat right? I think 5 or fewer is fine, but as soon as you have more than 5 cats, you sort of by default become a Crazy Cat Lady, whether you walk them outside or not :laugh: . But do you care?

ETA Again: But then again I am exactly the type of person that likes Grey Gardens! :laugh: :wink: :ohwell: :noway: