BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    If you walk them with this...
    XbPDA.jpg

I am gonna pi$$ myself laughing.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My cat loves going outside, but I make him wear a harness. At first he hated it but I think he's come to accept the fact that in order to get outside he's gotta wear his leash. I've never taken him on a walk for the exact reason that I'd feel crazy! But I take him outside the house and let him sniff/play around. Crazy cat lady and proud of it! lol :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    XbPDA.jpg

Holy cow - bwahahahahaha!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    My cat goes in a Pet Stroller. Yes I am one of those.

Careful with the leash idea....if the cat spooks, or if a dog tries to lunge at it, you could have a problem....

ouch
    I agree with this. I have had said problem. I ended up in the ER from bites and scratches sustained while trying to keep my cat from scaling a fence and never being seen again (a mere 5 minutes later he ended up inside the house and eatinga snack as if nothing had happened - lol). Also, they can squiggle out of those harnesses easily, no matter how tight you put them on, slippery little suckers.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    There is a guy in my apartments that walks his cat on a harness,i waswalking my dog and he went after the cat.I never thought id see the day when A cat could drag a person
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    My cat loves going outside, but I make him wear a harness. At first he hated it but I think he's come to accept the fact that in order to get outside he's gotta wear his leash. I've never taken him on a walk for the exact reason that I'd feel crazy! But I take him outside the house and let him sniff/play around. Crazy cat lady and proud of it! lol :laugh:
    My cat (the one who sent me to the ER - lol) loves going outside so much, that we built him this. All I do is open the window and out he goes. The other cat (although she's free to, won't step a foot outside). Note - it now has a roof made from the same fencing materials, to keep him in and others out:

n594048855_1674586_3752364.jpg

We call it Catanamo Bay (or GitMeow) :smokin:

:bigsmile: Who's crazy now?:bigsmile:
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    XbPDA.jpg
    Oh, dear God in Heaven. I just spit my water out on my desk. That is the funniest thing I've ever seen! (I'm a cat lover, but c'mon people, that is hilarious!)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I can't stop F'in laughing over this one. LOL!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    We had a cat that we inherited from another family growing up who had been leash trained. He didn't really do "walks" but was perfectly content outdoors on a leash. If I ever get a kitten again, I intend on leash-training it. I'll be the crazy cat dude. :glasses:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I've taken my ferret on a walk... and yes... it did look crazy. But Pickles quite enjoyed it :)
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I totally want to get a stroller for my cats. I'm not sure how my youngest would react, but I think my girl (the one in my ticker) would LOVE it.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    s220358768.jpg

s220358776.jpg

s220358782.jpg
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I had a dog that I used to walk, he didn't have any legs. I named him cigarette cause every day I took him out for a 'drag'.... :tongue:
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options

^ :laugh: Nice. But I'm not going to ask about other enemy combatant cats...
    Robinator, are you seeing the Walk-in Cat Cage ad on the right hand side banner? They stole your idea!

ETA: nice one ZH!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    My cat (the one who sent me to the ER - lol) loves going outside so much, that we built him this. All I do is open the window and out he goes. The other cat (although she's free to, won't step a foot outside). Note - it now has a roof made from the same fencing materials, to keep him in and others out:

n594048855_1674586_3752364.jpg

:bigsmile: Who's crazy now?:bigsmile:

That's not crazy, that's brilliant!
    I want so much to build a safe kitty enclosure for my babies. Do you take special orders? :wink:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    When I was little, I made a harness and took my hamster for walks. :laugh:

It's good to know that even with seven cats in the house, I'm not officially a crazy cat lady. See, my husband and I just have three and a half cats each. :wink:
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    s220358768.jpg

s220358776.jpg

s220358782.jpg

Bahaha:laugh: :happy:
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've seen those cat harness @ the store & often wondered if any cats complied with it...I would love to see one cat ...see if it's possible for them to be on one...lol...I have 2 cats they're both indoor cats ....one of them is very twitchy & the other one will not allow herself to be put into one ...haha
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Have you actually tried walking a cat? I tried once. We made it about 10m out of the door before she saw a car and started jumping vertically up and down trying to get away. Never tried it again. Cats aren't really designed to do what they are told.
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Nah, that's no big deal. Just don't get one of those pet strollers and start pushing her/him around in that. :wink: