Low Calorie Alcoholic Beverages!

Options

Replies

• youngtweezy
    youngtweezy Posts: 183
    Options
    3) "Fauxgaritas" - definitely not as good as the real thing, but waaay lower in calories. You use Fresca, crystal light lemonade powder, and tequila. Put in blender with ice and enjoy.

You could always just go for an actual margarita (tequila, triple sec & lime juice).
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I know you said without vodka... so first off all I want to address your bias... since I'm a bartender... and I LOVE vodka... vodka will taste like whatEVER you mix with it... it is the only spirit that will do that... it has very little taste of its own...
    But I do understand that everyone has their own life experiences.. and if you had a bad experience with vodka.. nothing will take that away..lol

But for an education on alcohol...

Clear liquors tend to have less calories than dark liquors.... anything called a Liqueur has added sugar and should be avoid.. (ie Schnapps, cordials.. ect) and just because something is called "rum" doesn't mean it is... MOST flavored rums are actually cordials... and as per above... should be avoided....

That said... clear rum... like bacardi.... but not FLAVORED bacardi's or parrot bay... are ok...
    Vodka is ok....
    Clear tequila is ok....

It's really the mixers that get you... coke zero and pepsi max are your friends...
    Anything diet is obviously better than anything not...

Fruit juices while high in vitamins tend to also be high in sugar which translates into high in calories..

and Club Soda is better for you than tonic

I personally recommend... going to the grocery store and buying a container of MIO (your personal water enhancer) in your favorite flavor... I recommend Strawberry Watermelon or Berry Pomegranate... then when you go to the bar you order your liquor of choice and water... and add the MIO to taste... MIO has 0 calories and tastes very sweet (if u want it to) My very favorite is strawberry vodka and water with strawberry watermelon MIO added to taste...

There are LOTS of ways to reduce calories on alcohol.. the problem is remembering them when you are wasted...LOL...

Anyone needing diet alcohol help... I'm your girl... ;-)
    WOW I am much more educated now! Thanks so much! :drinker:
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm laughing (politely) at those of you suggesting ginger ale or tonic as a low-calorie mixer! LOL. Both have about 140 cal. / serving.

The lowest calorie mixed drink is gin or vodka (60-80 cal. / oz.) with club soda (0 cal.).

I LOVE gin & tonic... but I'm not deluding myself that it's low-cal.

I was thinking the same thing... Tonic water is def no good!! You can use diet sodas as well to the club soda! :) I usually go with Rum and Diet coke
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    Yeah, this can be a struggle, but I love, love, love vodka with canada dry cranberry ginger ale. Sugary, yes, but not horribly high in calories...

I wonder if they would have that in a bar....The problem is that I am going out for my sister's Bachelorette Party at the end of the month and i want to be prepared.....:-D

Flavored Vodka and soda water(club soda). Tonic has sugar in it and therefore calories. Club soda is calorie free so you are only having vodka calories. A twist of lime or some other fruit that you can crush will add a bit more flavor for you without too many calories.
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I personally recommend... going to the grocery store and buying a container of MIO (your personal water enhancer) in your favorite flavor... I recommend Strawberry Watermelon or Berry Pomegranate... then when you go to the bar you order your liquor of choice and water... and add the MIO to taste... MIO has 0 calories and tastes very sweet (if u want it to) My very favorite is strawberry vodka and water with strawberry watermelon MIO added to taste...

I NEVER thought of this one!!! I drink MIO everyday...this is really going to come in handy for this summer. Thanks!
  • CNYKrista
    CNYKrista Posts: 61
    Options
    diet tonic, vodka fresh lime wedge
  • tobeygirl45
    tobeygirl45 Posts: 57
    Options
    bump
  • happyhappyjoy72
    Options
    I would just stick to your diet and exercise really well for at least 4 weeks before and just have a night of indulgence. Dieting is no fun if you have to keep at it 24/7. I build in cheat days to my diet every 3-4 weeks. In my opinion, you'll have more fun on this night if you don't have to worry about calories.
    Well put!! I could not agree more!!
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    SkinnyGirl Margarita!!! 100 cals/serving and it's strong so you'll be good with only a few!
  • ShiloughCoy
    ShiloughCoy Posts: 73
    Options
    I always carry Benefiber Orange drink singles in my purse. When I am in a social drinking situation, I ask the bartender for a bottled water, a shot of vodka on the rocks in a tall glass, I mix up the orange drink and make myself a Screwdriver!!

There's no calories, other than those in the alcohol and I'm actually getting extra fiber as I drink.

PS: Having been a bartender, please be assured that they won't give you any crap for ordering what you want. They don't care what you drink as long as you're willing to pay for it! :)
  • pattyisinaz
    pattyisinaz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1/2 a can of sugar free red bull and a shot of pomegranate or cherry vodka is my favorite! :o) Around 85 calories and delicious. :o)
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    A yummy glass of red zinfandel for the low, low caloric price of 88 calories--Earthquake Zin from Lodi, CA--my weakness.
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230
    Options
    I do this too. if I'm in the mood for fruity, I use diet orange soda. Tastes like a dreamsicle! :D
  • summergirlkav23
    Options
    my favorite recent discovery is cranberry with voli vodka...its 40% fewer calories than other vodkas and so tasty! my girlfriend told me about it the other day and sent me the link...www.volispirits.com
  • AFitasticYou
    AFitasticYou Posts: 170
    Options
    Whipped Vodka/Vanillia Vodka with Coke Zero/Diet Coke/Diet Orange Soda
  • dot513
    dot513 Posts: 38
    Options
    MGD 64 lemonade out for the summer
  • Lindholm1020
    Options
    If you like smirnoff/mikes lemonade kind of drinks (200 + calories a bottle) try this recipe. Juice of 1 lime (or lemon), 6 ounces of water, one ounce vodka and splenda to taste (I like 2 packets). Its only 74 calories even with alcohol and tastes like the bottled drinks.
  • Kimrenaud
    Kimrenaud Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am a diabetic so for me most alcohol is a big no no.......what I was told in diabetic school is clear alcohol is the only one I can have....1oz no more than 2 oz. so I love regular martinis but lemon drops are my favorite. so I take with me vodka and diet Sunkist lemonade......it is sugar free, no calorie and yummy!
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm a red wine fan.
  • ElohMaps
    ElohMaps Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great Value [Wal*Mart] has their version of Crystal Lite's Margarita mix. With vodka, thats less than 100 cal for a 1½ portion of vodka. Rocks!