Vixens~ Memorial Day Challenge (open group)

Replies

• GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    I am down 1.6 lbs to 321.8 this week and excited about that. I have a goal for this coming week as well and I know it's the motivation that I need.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    v0515.jpg
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Started the 17 day diet 3 days ago. I think I'm going to knock this memorial day goal out the park!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    I know only 2 wks left am i to late???
    if not current weight 157 mem goal
    149 I know 8lbs is alot but i want out of
    the 150's
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    great job everyone...keep on losing!
  • lovin1self
    lovin1self Posts: 1
    My Current Weight is 203
    Memorial Day Weight 200
    Beach Vacation Weight (Fathers Day Weekend) 196
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Woohoo.......160.0lbs. Going in the right direction.:drinker:
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Off to a slow start, but I'm back on track. Meeting with a trainer today to set goals for the last 4 weeks of a 6-week fitness challenge. Got a late start, but I'm going to get what I can get out of it anyway. Summer is fast approaching.
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Hi everyone!! :)

I weighed in on Saturday morning!

SW: 185lbs
    GW for challenge: 181lbs
    CW: 183.4lbs
    LOSS OF 1.6LBS!!!

WOOT WOOT!!! :D

well done everyone else who's lost and thos who haven't, keep trying!! I didn't loose in my first week either!! but I seem to have made up for it now!!! :)

xx
  • TeamLeela
    the weight is already coming off since I started the 17 day diet. I won't record i officially on here until Sunday! I was skeptical about it at first, but I really like it. I just celebrated my 1 year anni on here (go me!) and I would never have thought that I would go back to trying "fad" diets. But this one is different. It's not difficult and I can see myself going through all the cycles (about 70 days total). I am just trying to change the way I view food and how to make my body the most effect fat burning machine that I possibly can.
  • PamDW
    that is great you found something that works Leela.... I am having difficulty finding things to wear... such a good feeling... but tight budget... so have to go baggie for awhile! 144.2 this morning.... 8 pounds to my goal. great job ales and Carrie.... Cando you can do it... good luck with the trainer!
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Good morning, everyone! I am optimistic after meeting with the trainer yesterday and finally getting onboard for the 6-week fitness challenge at my gym. Took a slide class this morning, introductory and just for fitness challenge members. Anyone tried it? Very weird. Still, proud that I got there. I am going to participate in the Memorial Day Challenge, not just sit by the sidelines as I've done previously.

Leela, what is the 17 day diet?
  • TeamLeela
    It's a diet that involved limited carbs. you don't complete eliminate them, you just eat them at the best time a day for you to burn and digest them. i borrowed the book from the library. google it. there are all type of reviews of it. there are 4 cycles, each 17 days and after each 17 days, you get to incorporate more carbs slowly so you don't gain back what you've lost from previous cycles.
    its backed by The Doctors. Here is a site of people who post and comment their recipes. its really simple to follow.

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/forums/527-17-Day-Diet-Recipes

I'm also a part of a very active thread on here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/230992-the-17-day-diet

I was just on there asking questions from real people and not the paid actors that often endorse a new diet.
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    I might have to try the 17 day diet. I'm stalling big time here...three weeks of gaining/losing the same 2 pounds. The gains and losses happen overnight so I know it is water weight, but it is still disheartening.

Seeing everyone else's progress helps though - it makes me realize I CAN push through it!
  • TeamLeela
    I might have to try the 17 day diet. I'm stalling big time here...three weeks of gaining/losing the same 2 pounds. The gains and losses happen overnight so I know it is water weight, but it is still disheartening.

Seeing everyone else's progress helps though - it makes me realize I CAN push through it!

that's exactly the same thing that happened to me. I was losing weight, i went out of town for Easter, came back and was up again. I'm finally back down to my pre-Easter weight, so I feel like almost a whole month has been wasted with no forward progress. I'm actually excited about weighing and I've never been like that before. I tried on my old swim suit and it is HUGE. To think I used to be that big. I still dread swim suit shopping, maybe by the official day of summer, I will be a little more eager.
  • TeamLeela
    My Current Weight is 203
    Memorial Day Weight 200
    Beach Vacation Weight (Fathers Day Weekend) 196

You can do it! A beach vacation sounds like a lot of fun!
  • PamDW
    I changed my routine up a bit and did my killer workout later in the evening.. must have paid off... down to 142.6!
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    My work schedule is really messing with my workout times this week! I'm going to catch a class at the gym tonight since I'll be there later. I really need to get some running in though. Our next 5k is on the 28th, and I have 0 days off till then! If I'm going to beat my new personal best from the 7th, I have ALOT of work to do!

Everyone's doing great btw. Leela, I can't wait to see how your 17 day diet turns out. I've done low carb before, but not on a schedule where you can see an end insight ahhaha Seems more do-able that way :)

Has anyone found any other new work out videos or recipes or diets that they are trying?
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Leela, I know exactly what you mean! And stories like yours are what gives me the strength to keep going. I know I can break through.

Pam, you are truly inspirational with your losses!

Margie, I have a good feeling you will beat your personal best. Motivation is half the battle, right? =)

I started alternating my normal exercise routine with Zumba, which is so much fun. One day a week I take a long walk (1.5 to 2 hours, at least), three days a week I do zumba, and the other three days just step and boxing on Wii fit. But every day I'm doing yoga and upper arm exercises with weights to try and get rid of these blasted batwings! I've found the yoga has been really helpful for my joint pain as well. Bonus!
  • PamDW
    thanks melusinagr
    I think we all are inspirational! what a great group.... watching everyone elses motivation keeps me motivated!
This discussion has been closed.