Everyone says "DRINK WATER," but...

Options

Replies

• GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've read that Chia Seeds act like little water batteries, and help keep you hydrated without having to pee so much. The article said that runners eat them to stay hydrated during races when they can't take potty breaks. Your body does adjust, and I think it makes a differece whether or not you're a sipper or a guzzler. I tend to guzzle.
  • Brittany1414
    Options
    I have a bladder defect and Im on meds and drinking 8 cups of water makes me go once an hour at least
    Its annoying but I guess its flushing you out lol
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm considering moving in to the bathroom on a permanent basis :frown: I'm in there about every 10-15 minutes. I'm also waking up at least 5 times in the night to go pee. 4 weeks in my body has shown no sign of adjusting.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Water is as water does!!!!

I have adjusted to the increase in breaks as will you. :tongue:
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Rule of thumb, if strictly drinking '8 glasses' is too much for you (and it may seem like a lot) then drink enough water for your pee to be a light yellow in color.

If the color is too dark then you are dehydrating yourself.

You will find that the amount of water to reach this will fluxuate based on the amount of exersice that your doing.
  • Busychick61
    Options
    just started again in the last day!!!! i totally understand the water issue....do you ever get used to it?
  • morningmom
    morningmom Posts: 100
    Options
    I need to drink more water!!!! Just have to do it!!!
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    water is the only fluid intake the body needs. by the time you feel thirsty you are already dehydrating your body. peeing that much is good for your body, you are flushing out what the body does not need in it.
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have to go per every glass - at work I drink a glass an hour basically. And I have to go once an hour too :-)
  • decu68
    decu68 Posts: 78
    Options
    TRUST ME, your body will get used to it. This is a normal function and surprisingly when your body does adjust to it later it will crave it. I am always thirsty and have water at my desk all of the time.

The inconvenience of your body adjusting will pay you back dividends later. Water is essential for life, your life. The majority of people do not drink enough water. Water cleans the system and helps it operate better. Water will make you feel fuller thus eliminating many of those cravings. Many times when you think you are hungry actually you are thirsty because your body doesn't know the difference. Increasing your water is essential in weight loss, maintain weight and growing muscle.

It will subside so just give it time. You will be the better for it.
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    Rule of thumb, if strictly drinking '8 glasses' is too much for you (and it may seem like a lot) then drink enough water for your pee to be a light yellow in color.

You will find that the amount of water to reach this will fluxuate based on the amount of exersice that your doing.

Glad you mentioned that. Drinking a ton of water is not necessarily needed. Drink enough water so your urine is a light yellow to clear. That is a signal you are properly hydrated. The darker the color is a trend toward dehydration. Typically 48-64 ounces of water daily does that. If you have a heavy workout or are out in the hot sun then more water may be needed to keep your urine in the light yellow-clear zone.

<a href=http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/article-detail.php?ArticleID=335&ClinicID=13/a&gt;
  • Mommaof3Boys2011
    Options
    try spacing out your water intake throughout the day. I mainly drink a bottle of water before a meal. I myself just had my 3rd son 5 weeks ago and my bladder sucks. I always have to go drinking water or not. however like i said before try to space out your water or try drinking a couple of cups all at once so that way when you do pee you pee it all out at once (i personally dont see how this keep you hydrated but my mom just suggested it)
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options

Glad you mentioned that. Drinking a ton of water is not necessarily needed. Drink enough water so your urine is a light yellow to clear. That is a signal you are properly hydrated. The darker the color is a trend toward dehydration. Typically 48-64 ounces of water daily does that. If you have a heavy workout or are out in the hot sun then more water may be needed to keep your urine in the light yellow-clear zone.

http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/article-detail.php?ArticleID=335&ClinicID=13
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    I drink most of my water at work, where frequent breaks to leave my desk and walk to the bathroom are welcome! I drink less when I'm not at the office, so bathroom breaks don't disrupt other parts of my life, such as sleep or long walks.
  • juliehennah
    Options
    Hi there! Good news, there is a solution! You just have to retrain your bladder. When you feel you need to go, wait 15 minutes for the first week. The second week, when you feel you need to go wait 20 minutes. Third week, 25 min, etc, etc. Before you know it you will be able to wait three hours before you really really need to go. Try it, it works and it's good for you!!!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Be a Lean Mean Peeing Machine! Sorry... my moment of sillyness.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Ok All Sillyness aside.

Do you suppose one of the reasons why drink water is... So you aren't drinking something else?

You aren't drinking something sugar filled or caffeinated or calorie filled perhaps?

Just a thought... But it's hard to reach for a can of Coca Cola, when you aren't thirsty isn't it?

You probably won't be craving a Supersized Mc D's Milkshake when you aren't feeling parched would you?

Just a thought...
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    Wouldn't want to stop drinking it because the benefits are well worth it, but I'd love to know your secret, you folks who have "gotten used to it" LOL i still haven't adjusted to drinking so much water after several years of it...
    Still have to pee frequently, or hold it and then take forever just like the Jet d'eau or Old Faithful...
    ...that's why it's a good idea to take one of those water bottles along I guess...:wink:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 144oz. of water a day because my body needs that much just to remain properly hydrated throughout the day. Any less and my skin gets dry. Plus, getting up and having to constantly regurgitate fluid from my unit requires more movement in a sedentary day. It's good fer ya.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    The more you drink the more you will pee- until your body adjusts. Eventually it will! You aren't used to drinking that much per day, so your body is confused, if a month goes by an still no changes, I would definitely talk to your doctor. There are natural remedies, along with exercises you can actually do to help. Also try spacing out water consumption throughout the day, instead of doing what I used to which is just drink as much as possible whenever possible. I try not to go too much more than 8 ounces at a time, so my body can keep up with me.