Help with puppy names!

Options
13»

Replies

• SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I grew up with a black lab named Sparky, a yellow lab named Butterscotch, and a border collie named Brandi. We also had a stray cat named Shadow at one point. In my early 20's I had a cat named Kenmore (named after Kenmore Square in Boston where I lived... but I moved and gave the cat to my parents who then re-named her Misty.) My daughter is severely allergic so we can't have dogs but my parents now have a yellow lab/shephard mix named Callie and a dalmation named Dottie.

If my daughter weren't allergic, I'd love to have a dog named Bailey or Sammy or Maggie. I don't know why! lol
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'll steal a page from the royal wedding madness... Pippa?

Ok so don't make fun of me but who is Pippa? I don't really watch a lot of well... anything, because I just don't have the time! lol
    Pippa is Princess Cathrines sister. Kate and Will just got married last week. Took over the TV in the morning

I knew about the Royal Wedding and Kate and William's names just not the pets I guess :happy:
    [/quote]

Not pets...her sister, human type! lol
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I have a Lula and Emma at my parent's house, but my baby Basenji is a Chloe :)
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    How about Dozer or Jaws?
  • ktblueyz
    ktblueyz Posts: 72
    Options
    I named my pit bull puppy "Ginger", however she was raised sleeping in my bed every night and was very loved and spoilled, but somehow still grew up to be an aggressive and scary dog so she was put down. rip my little Ginger :(

good luck with yours. I know they arent all like that. I did my best to make her a loving dog but it didnt work.

That's sad!!! I used to have a pitbull but had to give her up because of my crazy work/school schedule and never being home to take care of her. She was 1 when I got her and 2 when I got rid of her, and the sweetest dog ever. A lot of my friends have pits too... My fiance wasn't crazy about letting them give her to me because she's a pit but I printed off a bunch of statistics and stuff to give to him. I'm very persistant when I want something lol. I think once he's around her and sees he'll be a lot happier with his decision :) Plus she'll be growing up around other dogs, a cat, and kids so she will be exposed to everything right away! We have a dog trainer that we will be getting lessons from as well. Since we don't have any kids of our own (just nieces and nephews) I pretty much spend all my money on our dogs and cat lol

yes my husband was a certified dog trainer. he and I worked with her and thats why I got her as a puppy so I could train her. I was a stay at home mom to two small kids and we had a german sheperd and 3 cats so Ginger was exposed to everything. she was so sweet to my kids but when my friends kids came over she acted very strangely almost protective and scary. after her snapping at a few of our dinner guests we knew it wouldnt work. then again some of them act that way because they are inbred. sounds like you know where your puppy came from so will likely not have any of those issues :) I got mine in a grocery cart in the walmart parking lot LOL!!! had no clue where she came from or if she was inbred or not
  • kooshajan
    kooshajan Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Cashew ,Molly, Andie, Kansas, Breeze, Boppi, Baya, Lady, Eleanor, Febee, Kiva, Lucinda, Pepsi, Tinkerbell, Minnie, Roxie, Bella, Gigi, Taffy....

I had a blast naming our Golden retriever. I think you should pick a name that suits them. I chose the name Draco (from the movie Dragonheart NOT Harry Potter like everyone thinks!) which means Dragon. My fiance liked the name because Dragons usually protected treasures and Draco is very protective of our daughter! :)
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My dad brought home a pitt bull when I was a teenager. he named her Alimony because he figured he would be paying it after bringing her home (We had 10 other dogs). We called her Ally. We also had pork chop, hamstring, flea bag, hound dog, Ladybug, Buffy, L.D (stood for lee davis), and White dog. The Jack I have now is just called Daisy!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Girl: Molly or Maya
    Boy: Kokomo Joe
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I always tried to match my pets names by their personality. Cody is a cute name for a girl dog.
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My husband and I thought the name Kaygogi would be funny. (yahoo search it) But we kind of have a weird sense of humor. :happy:
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Pippa is Kate Middleton's sister (Royal Wedding).....I just got a puppy, a beagle, and finally decided on Chloe....my other beagle was already named Putsch (a military coup d'etat....he was a poly sci graduate student lol) when I got him from an ex, but I always just pronounced it Pooch....

We need to see a photo to properly name her!!!

Depending on color.....I love the name Peanut Butter (from the movie Winter's Bone)
    Despite naming my pup Chloe I do love silly names!! Like Boo Boo, Freckles, Martini, Cha Cha...
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Ha! I like this I have a black lab cross Clio, a golden retriever boy Geoffrey Thierry Henri (lol), lunar, tinka and amber the cats....

I would go for something a little ironic... Kat, fifi for a female or Eugene poppet for a male.

I would love a puppy a staffy would be lovely, do let u's know what you decide!
  • Jtaime
    Jtaime Posts: 12
    Options
    is puppy dog too plain?
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Pinky.