Starting Couch to 5K (c25k) Monday, May 9th! Anyone with me?

Options

Replies

• Zelsawaf
    Zelsawaf Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I decided to get my working out into overdrive cause I haven't done anything in so long, so I'm starting Insanity and C25K on Monday. Let me know if you want to do Insanity with me as well!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I decided to get my working out into overdrive cause I haven't done anything in so long, so I'm starting Insanity and C25K on Monday. Let me know if you want to do Insanity with me as well!

Okay, this is going to sound dumb, but I don't know what Insanity is :blushing: Care to enlighten me? lol... And welcome!

@maddymama--thanks for the info on the podcasts!
  • Zelsawaf
    Zelsawaf Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a do it at home workout program. It's one of the main rivals to P90X. Essentially it's a pure cardio bloodbath. Just Google "Insanity workout". It's a great program, I highly recommend it and suggest you take a look at it.
  • FierceFeline
    Options
    Count me in! I need another challenge group. Will there be a new thread each week or are we continuously meeting back on this one? Just to clarify :)
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    @Zelsawaf--Thanks, I will check that out :)

@Fierce Feline--Welcome! And that's a good idea, a new thread each week might help keep things current... I'll make a new thread for Week 1 on Monday with the names of everybody involved in this challenge.

I need a creative name for this group... Any ideas? :)
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I just started this May 3rd and started my fitness pal the same day and today I am 10 lbs lighter! I am not little and still have a ways to go but the c25k isn't that bad. The c25k is about 31 minutes...5 minutes brisk walking, 60 seconds running, 90 seconds walking, (running 9 times) (walking 8), then 5 minutes cool down. Though I did a lot of sweating and was wore out by the time I was done I survived . I started early but I will do this with you too on M,W, & F.

Let's Do This! :happy:
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    10 LBS?!!? That's CRAZY!!! Welcome aboard and great job so far! :)
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    Ok so far I have 16 people listed as part of the challenge group, let me know if I made a mistake or if I missed someone--

HaleyAlli
    Katrob9
    Teebeegeebee
    StephanieDuckie
    KaeChelle
    Heathermrls
    Bethany7687
    OkieWorkout
    Mamato3inca
    Htuzzi324
    NDBee
    Breezey77
    Teemo
    Zelsawaf
    FierceFeline
    Skinnymeinaz
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I really want to become a runner, and I feel like I need a challenge, so I'm going to do this starting next week, no backing out! I live in a hot climate so I'll probably run in the mornings or evenings, not sure which yet. If I can do this you can do this; I have stomach issues as well as some other physical problems so excuses mean nothing to me, lol. It's time to get fit and healthy, even if it takes longer than 9 weeks to actually get where you want to be. WHO'S WITH ME?? LET'S DO DIS PEOPLE!!!

Thank you so much for starting this challenge. It's just what I need and at the right time because I have been struggling with exercising. I've just been lazy honestly! I am excited to start. Actually I did a "trial" of day one just now because I wanted to see how the Android App works and I needed to get some exercise anyway. So basically what I did was for the walking segments I walked around my living room and the running segments I jogged in place. I'm sure I was going slow, but I did it! I plan on doing this on the treadmill at the gym when we start, I just wanted to try it out today here at home. :smile:
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    Sounds great, and it was my pleasure! I needed support and figured other people did too :) We're all in this together!
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So I have been running off and on for a while and I found this link to some C25K podcasts and they rock!!! Love them! So hope you enjoy - of course everyone has different taste in music but I really love this! You should check it out.

http://www.kissmyblackass.org/podcasts/
  • krostron
    krostron Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    yes yes and yes.
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Count me in I have been doing C25k for 2 weeks now But I had to repeat week 1 twice already and it looks like I will be repeating week 1 again. So i'm right there with you . I run on Tuesday Thursday and Saturday. I ususally run on the track if its nice out if not I will do the treadmill.
  • lynenz
    lynenz Posts: 29
    Options
    Count me in! I've always hated running, but I really want to love it! I want to be one of those people that say, "running is so freeing!!" I want to be free! Lol. I've been doing the 30 day shred, but closing in on the last 10 days so I wanted to jump start another form of exercise while I think of the next dvd workout program to start, and do alongside after the 30 day shred is over. Like others have said, I WANT TO BE A RUNNER! I'm picking up new running shoes tomorrow. Boy am I excited! :D
  • nuttylou
    nuttylou Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Can I join also>? I will do mine on the treadmill in the gym until I have got a HR monitor and then I will start to go outside I feel this will allow me to build up some confidence in my own abilities before going out there on the street!

I can run on mon-wed-fri but I may have to juggle my days around a bit as I am a student midwife and work shifts! Im about to start a postnatal ward placement for 3 weeks on may 16th.

Good luck everyone :-) x
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Can I join also>? I will do mine on the treadmill in the gym until I have got a HR monitor and then I will start to go outside I feel this will allow me to build up some confidence in my own abilities before going out there on the street!

I can run on mon-wed-fri but I may have to juggle my days around a bit as I am a student midwife and work shifts! Im about to start a postnatal ward placement for 3 weeks on may 16th.

Good luck everyone :-) x

I have already started the C25K & start week 3 on Monday. I am not sure whether to repeat week 2 as i don't think i can do it yet. I am going to complete the whole c25k. i might not of dropped pounds but i know i have started to loss inches.
    Can i join you all? I know a bit ahead but i would like to do it with you all.
  • FierceFeline
    Options

@Fierce Feline--Welcome! And that's a good idea, a new thread each week might help keep things current... I'll make a new thread for Week 1 on Monday with the names of everybody involved in this challenge.

I need a creative name for this group... Any ideas? :)

Awesome! :) Yah, we need a thread name that stands out! Maybe noted each week what week we are currently at and people check in. I guess every Monday the new thread could get started? Knowing what to expect keeps me in focus I guess lol sorry

I am going to do the runningintoshape.com ipod casts. I am very glad it was pointed out! So far I've been running when I've been getting the moment here and there...but have had a hard time tracking my progress.

It seems like once I'm in a challenge group, I am more likely to keep on track and be responsible :tongue:
  • Margot18904
    Margot18904 Posts: 48
    Options
    It's my first post on these forums but I've just started C25K today, so count me in the group please! I've done Week 1 Day 1 and didn't find it too bad, although I've been exercising a lot since Christmas really and am definitely feeling fitter. I'm doing it as a personal challenge, I just want to prove that I can do it and I've told my husband that I'll run a proper 5k race when I reach the end. Off to look at podcasts now, as I treated myself to an iPod yesterday too!
  • JosieMars
    JosieMars Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm with you :)
    But a question. I've already started running and can run för 10 min on a tredmill. Should I still start on the week on instructions or jump right to week 5 or something?