Any single people left in the world?!

Options
13»

Replies

• JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Lol....my sister has been saying the same thing.....i just only recently noticed it....but i say...more fun for us single people...Wooo:)
  • sushilicious
    Options
    the single, I have it.
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Summers coming though!!! I love being single during the summer, you get to meet so many new people in parties and bbqs. Plus you're bound to attract somebody's eye in a new summer dress you've bought yourself as a reward for gaining a new svelte figure!

Thanks I hope you are right about the svelte figure!!! Everything crossed!
  • hannahlbur
    Options
    I agree... nothing is *wrong* with you!! :)

I hear you though -- I wonder when I'll find my "Right". But, I figure if I just keep working on me, and being happy with me, eventually I will find that person. It sucks though, because I'd like to have "that person".

Keep the faith!

thanks I do agree that right now I am all about working on being me! I'm not sure I will ever find someone who can put up with me (!) but will see.
  • hannahlbur
    Options
    I'm single too and in my early 30s already.... but I'm still happy. That's what's important; live your life, don't wait for a significant other to make you happy!

:happy:

Thank you. I do agree completely I just have those low moments!
  • hannahlbur
    Options
    Try being 46 and single! Hang in there hon! There are worse things than loneliness. Your time will come, I'm sure of it. Be open to all possibilities! *hugs*

Thanks!
  • hannahlbur
    Options
    I am single as well. The way I look at it, is there is a time for everything. I do not know if you Believe in God or not, but I believe, that God has a plan for my life. I believe that I have to get me together before I can give myself to someone else.
    Trust me, when it's your time, it will happen, and your husband will find you.
    So while you are single. Take the time to focus on you and work on your growth and maturity. That way, when he does show up...you will be ready! keep smiling :0)

Very wise words :)
  • hannahlbur
    Options
    I am single ( divorced for 11 years).. Since my divorce i have had one realtionship that lasted almost a year.. another brief that lasted 4 months... Seems men in my age range that are divorced have too much baggage. My ex hubby and i are good friends and we dont have the drama that most divorced couples have. So single i am, and single i remain,, it would be nice to be in a realtionship, but it seems men want to take out their hurt on me after a nasty breakup... jsut my observation. So i no longer think of my self as single.. I'm thinking of myself as drama free...

I love that - I wish I could change my facebook status from single to "drama free"! I might just add it in my about me section!!

I seem to attract men with issues big style - I'm not taking any more crap I have decided that's it!!
  • hannahlbur
    Options
    I'm single and just turned 49! I have spent more than half my life looking for Mr. Right. Guess what I found? I found Ms. Right in me. I complete me. I was always so obsessed about being single when all my friends are married. Now I'm working on me. I'm actually thinking about what I want out of my life and how to make me happier. It does get lonely at times, but my married friends some times feel lonely too. Enjoy being yourself and getting healthier. Find you first and then the rest will fall into place. :)

Love that - Ms Right in Me. Very cool words :)
  • hannahlbur
    Options
    Just wait until you're in your 40s. A load of us are suddenly single again :tongue:

After 18 years of pure hell, I'm tickled to be single. Not her fault by the way, she had issues. I pray for her.

My friends told me not to marry her too. Did I listen noooooooooooooooooooooooo. From now on I'm following the outline from "Failure To Launch". That is I want the nod from my friends.

I agree I think the opionion of friends is important. It can be really helpful when you are being blindsided by your feelings!
  • hannahlbur
    Options
    I have one sibling,a brother who escaped the farm for college the year I graduated from high school (1982) and ended up getting married in 1986.
    At his wedding reception the pastors wife told me it was my job now to take care of my parents,both of whom were infirmed and unable to take care of themselves at that point.
    I shrugged it off with a smile but it turned out to be almost a curse so am still single having had to deal with that all of adult life.
    Mom passed away a month ago so now trying to figure out where life is going to go.

</sob story>

Aww I'm really touched by your story. Sorry to hear about your mother.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    You're delinitely not alone. My son is 24 and still single. He's pretty picky about what type of girl he's looking for. He hasn't found her yet, but I trust that God knows what's best for him and if it's God's will, someday He will lead my son to the right girl. In the mean time, my son is quite happy being single. :smile:
  • coneybandita
    Options
    Single here and in my 40's with tweens - Fun times
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Psh, yeah. All over.
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that there's nothing wrong with you! Now me, on the other hand, I'm still single at 65 and have been my whole life.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Yes, but

hC8130D5A