How Do You Like Me Now!?!?!

Options
RCKT82
RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
I just posted a blog... But I wanted to get it out there for more people to see, so I copied and pasted my entry here.... so here it is, please leave a comment on my blog page if you have a minute.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/RCKT82/view/how-do-you-like-me-now-100840

I was filling out my "About Me" section on my profile and kept on writing... it turned out much longer than I had planned. I figured most people don't want to sit and read through a novel on someone's profile. So I decided to post my first ever blog. I copied the following entry from my profile page. Who knows, I may end up taking interest in blogging. I'm a huge book nerd and have a ton of blogs that I subscribe to on my Kindle. I've never felt like doing my own, but we'll see if my mind changes after this pilot. Please comment below and let me know what you think. Whether it's good or bad criticism, I'm interested in seeing your feedback. ~"Hang in there, be patient, be determined.One Mission! One Goal! Are you ready for this?!?!"

It took 2 years to lose 90 LBS. I've gained energy and Self-Esteem for every pound I've lost. I'm never going back to what I was! I weighed in at 272 Lbs my Junior year of college. My Self-Esteem hit rock bottom after my high school sweetheart left during my junior year. I decided it was time to take advantage of all the mental problems I was dealing with. I hit the gym hard as a way to channel all the emotions building up inside me. I ended up a lighter happy person. I was able to get my last year of school undercontrol after losing my vision, I had everything invested in my significant other. By the time I walked across the stage with my degree I had already secured a job 6 months in advance and it was waiting for me as soon as I had that piece of paper. I walked across that stage lighter than I have been since MIDDLE SCHOOL. I walked across that stage knowing my family was sitting in that vast arena proud of what I accomplished academically and more importantly what I had accomplished mentally and physically. When things seem to go completely wrong... use it to your advantage! (ya know, the whole turning lemons into lemonade thing) I'm very proud that I was able to make a complete 180 to where I am now. My transformation is definitely one of my greatest accomplishments... even more so then getting my Aerospace Engineering degree and working for NASA. For me, college was only a test on how long I could sit there and study. I was only evaluated by one professor per course... I was able to sit long enough and do what was required to meet his standard. Changing my body took both mental and physical endurance... it was a test that everyone around me; including my family, friends, and total strangers, would be evaluating me on. Most importantly it was a evaluation that needed to meet or exceed my own standard of living that I deemed acceptable, both mentally and physically. People tend to always set much higher standards for themselves and are much more critical.

I started this journey as a way to deal with stress and anxiety caused by my weight, both directly and indirectly. I thought about all the social issues my weight created and how it ultimately produced my own mental afflictions. I couldn't be more proud that I was able stand back up after a disastrous beating. HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW!?!?!?!

I've come a long way and my journey is a very long road. I'm determined to hit the pavement running. I have already covered more ground than I have ever planned... but I want to see how much further I can go.

Everyone has the power within.... You need to decide to tap into your potential... unleash the power of decisions... decide on whether you want it! Don't decide on excuses....

Decide.. Yes I'm going for it! Yes, I can do this! Yes I'm worth it! Yes, there is such a thing as doing the "impossible"!

One Goal...One mission....Are you ready for this!?!

My favorite Einstein Quotes (I'm a pretty big nerd...no pun intended...well maybe a little):

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Current life theme song (yes I have one, so shut it!)

'How You Like Me Now' ~By The Heavy

(totally didn't plan on the the Artist name being The Heavy lol)

may22_2006-02-2.jpg
d.jpg
IMG_0942a.jpg
Picture006.jpg

Replies

• kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    what a difference, lookin' good! congrats
  • krussel9
    krussel9 Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow! congrats, you're a great inspiration thank you so much for sharing your success! I hope to post to post my before and after soon ( :
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    great work! you should be proud! Viewing your diary love your weekly cheat day add! May I ask what changes you made to lose this weight?
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look great and must feel even better.:drinker:
  • DeKreyzisfitness
    Options
    Good for you!!! :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    well done! u look fab!
  • cmvtmurphy
    cmvtmurphy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sage nod, temple salute. Well done! Gives me hope my gut might go!
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You are a real inspiration! Good luck with all your endeavors!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post. Congrats on turning your lemons into lemonade. You are very inspiring. :flowerforyou:
  • crew1973
    crew1973 Posts: 2
    Options
    You look great!!!! WOW!!
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    YOU look great!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fabulous, what an inspiration!
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look really hot! (Sorry just had to throw that out there...)
    Also, YOU WORK FOR NASA!?! That is so cool!
    Congratulations on all of your accomplishments!

Oh, and just because I am curious; you lost all of that weight in college? How? I'm in my undergrad now and am so happy for summer to come because I have a really difficult time making the healthier choices when pizza is readily at my disposal. Do you have any advice?

Seriously though, Great job!
  • BetterJenny
    BetterJenny Posts: 50
    Options
    You look absolutely AMAZING! You're totally an inspiration! Thanks for posting this, including the pics to show us it's possible. Also, congratulations on graduating and getting such a kick-*kitten* job! Sounds like you've been working very hard on a few things all at once. I admire your focus and determination. Keep up the good work!
  • dorairwin
    dorairwin Posts: 210
    Options
    looking good , keep it up.. WTG,,,
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You deserve to be proud and happy, such a wonderful transformation and attitude .... well done on your achievements :drinker:
  • will4change
    will4change Posts: 87
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!
    You have every reason to be proud. Congrautaltion for all you school achivements. Love your Einsteein quotes too here is one that reminds me of what is more important " Don't make anyone a priority when you are just an option to them"
    You look great!!!
  • mghane
    mghane Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful and inspiring! Congrats on graduation and getting a job at NASA, I have a friend that's working for them currently. Fabulous job. Glad you're feeling great and looking even better :).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!