65 Calorie Diet Cupcakes!

Options
2littlebostons
2littlebostons Posts: 24 Member
So many people have been asking for this recipe. Thought I'd post it!

Sugar Free "Diet" Cupcake Recipe:
I bought the Pillsbury Devils Food Cake mix. It's Sugar free. 120 calories a serving (60 Calories per cupcake!), if you don't use eggs or oil. (package says the serving size is 1/12th of the package, and the box mix easily made 24 cupcakes. Just don't overfill the cups)

All you need is the dry mix, & 1 can of any flavored diet soda. I used Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper. AMAZING!...

Usually I use a Diet Cherry Coke, or a Diet Cream Soda, but The Dr. Pepper worked SO amazingly. Chocolate and Cherry just go together SO well.

Anyway, you just mix the dry mix, with the 1 can (not bottle! You only need 12 oz of liquid!) of Diet Soda. Mix it up really good, & bake for about 18 minutes at 325.

Make sure to use cupcake liners because sometimes the batter can stick, & that's NO good! The liners help a whole heck of a lot.

I bought a bag of frozen, no sugar added Dark Red Cherries. 250 calories in the whole bag. Dumped the bag into a bowl, added about 6-8 packets of splenda, and let it sit for atleast 4 hours. (I let mine sit overnight in the fridge, covered.) You want it to get liquidy, like syrup!

After you bake your cupcakes, let them cool. Use a knife (I used a small measuring spoon) to cut or spoon out the center, but not all the way to the bottom. Make it so the cupcake looks like a bowl. But be careful with the piece you are cutting off, because you're going to put it back on top, after.

Scoop 1-2 cherries w/ the juices it made with the splenda into the center. Place the piece of cupcake you cut out, back on top.

Dust the cupcakes with just a little powdered sugar, instead of frosting!

Super easy, and only about 65 calories in each cupcake! Guilt-free, and delicious!

Enjoy!

60 Calories for Dry Mix
0 Calories for Diet Soda
1 Calorie for dusting of Powdered Sugar
4 Calories for Cherry
0 Calories for Splenda

Replies

• eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Bump. That sounds amazing. Not a big fan of cherries, but I could definitely experiment if a strawberry shortcake or pineapple upside down cake type of combo.
  • Blakemore1229
    Options
    sounds amazing :)
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Yummy! Thanks for sharing!
  • kitty8383
    kitty8383 Posts: 4
    Options
    Nice way to get a choclate fix. I'm going to try this one... thanks for sharing. =)
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    WOW... I have made a cake like this before... but yours sounds way more yummy! I didn't even think about adding fruit. I made that cake before starting this plan.

My favorite cake:

Lemon Cake with Diet Sunkist -- used a little orange juice and powdered sugar to make a glaze (though thinking about it now, you could use some orange Crystal Light for the liquid)

Again though... yours sounds soooo yummy! I'm really wanting some dark cherries now!

Thanks for sharing!
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Definitely gonna try these! Thanks so much!
    :smile:
  • marinabrazil
    marinabrazil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Totally bumped!
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    mmm bump!!
  • mayree1979
    mayree1979 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey this looks great, I am going to try them next week..

thanks for the Recipe
  • wkschuster
    wkschuster Posts: 144
    Options
    Bump so i can find this later :)
  • DarkDiva2005
    DarkDiva2005 Posts: 140
    Options
    Thanks for posting, I was looking for a baked good that wouldn't kill my day! :)
  • kjander1
    kjander1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    These sound yummy! Thanks!
  • catmandoodle
    catmandoodle Posts: 117
    Options
    bump
  • cynusps
    cynusps Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like the recipe but what does Bump mean and how will that help you find it later?
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yummy! :smile:
  • justcallmejennifer
    justcallmejennifer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this. sounds yummy!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pammi65
    pammi65 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bode64
    bode64 Posts: 9
    Options
    :love: Thanks for the recipe!!! Always looking for new things to try. (I am also wondering what BUMP does/means~thanks!)