Good morning fellow geek girls!

Options

Replies

• flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have never once bitten the head off a chicken at the circus. Am I, however, a bit of a nerd married to even more of a nerd (he's a nuclear physicist). Love all the usual scifi suspects, as well as some fantasy. Not so much into computer games anymore (one computer among 3 computer nerds is not good), but love board and card games - SuperMunchkin, Zombies, or Catalan, anyone? Feel free to add me.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm such a nerd too! Something I've found that can help me break away from a book or the internet to exercise (especially on the treadmill) is a book on tape.
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    <---- mathematician guy here..... loves geeky girls.

:love: :laugh: :wink: :tongue: :drinker:

AND BIKER CHICKS....lol.
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Also a geek, I have LOTR / HP inspired tattoos. Enjoy attending conventions, liked vampires before they got 'cool' (I HATE YOU, TWILIGHT!)
  • DarthBubbles
    DarthBubbles Posts: 138
    Options
    omg i'm soooo a geek too. i am addicted to video games and i LOVE cant overstate that LOVE Star Wars! i am a big space, science geek too.

i play call of duty..as everyone does..but i love all sorts of games..except sports games.

The quote on your sig...Knights of the Old Repulic!! I have never known of anyone besides myself that has played that game or is familiar with Revan! That just made my day!
  • StaceyDono
    StaceyDono Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome Darla! I'm a geek too! I'm working my first costume... I finally have the guts to cosplay. x3 I'm planning to go a Snorlax (From Poke'mon) the PAX this year.
  • DaisyKate30
    DaisyKate30 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    *waves*

Another geek girl... just joined fitness pal today! :)

I have a lot of weight to lose... and so far, I have liked this site the most. Perhaps cause of the geek girls? ;)

I'm curious if anyone on here plays WoW?! There must be SOME with all these geeky girls! It be kinda cool to play with other geek chicks trying to lose weight! :) Just an idea! Heh.
  • tango232
    tango232 Posts: 8
    Options
    Ok, i know this post is for the ladies, but i gotta say its good to hear that there are some girls out there that like to play video games and do other geeky things like myself, that right there is a part of perfection in my eyes :D
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Also a geek, I have LOTR / HP inspired tattoos. Enjoy attending conventions, liked vampires before they got 'cool' (I HATE YOU, TWILIGHT!)

Have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMssvXWWn5Q

(Helps if you're already familiar with Voltaire!)
    Ok, i know this post is for the ladies, but i gotta say its good to hear that there are some girls out there that like to play video games and do other geeky things like myself, that right there is a part of perfection in my eyes

And that's why my geeky partner loves me (well, one of the many reasons)!! :devil:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    *waves!* Another costume loving geek girl!!!

I originally started exercising because of the Warrior Dash. Costumes encouraged?! You get a viking hat at the end of the race?! F-yeah! I'm there!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    *pauses briefly from her Rift workout*

... ah, SWEET! Look at all you geeks, nerds, dorks, mathematicians (redundant with "nerd" though, isn't it?). Why aren't you all on my friend's list? I'm sorely falling behind and missing out on all this extra geekery. Help me out and throw me a request so I don't have to do all the work myself. ;)

I had to have all facets of my life filled with dorkery to the point that I married a scientist. Working on the kiddo at the moment. She's being indoctrinated into Star Wars fanaticism on a daily basis.
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    omg i'm soooo a geek too. i am addicted to video games and i LOVE cant overstate that LOVE Star Wars! i am a big space, science geek too.

i play call of duty..as everyone does..but i love all sorts of games..except sports games.

The quote on your sig...Knights of the Old Repulic!! I have never known of anyone besides myself that has played that game or is familiar with Revan! That just made my day!

I loved the KOTOR games - then again, I like most Bioware games
  • melt57
    melt57 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Dork/Geek/Nerd reporting for duty.

Its nice to find a bunch of people who would understand that my eating habits are the same as my nerd herd and while they all are now sporting cute boy beer-bellies, I was the only one who grew massive-sized. :( My girlie metabolism sabotaged me, and my own inability to only eat a slice of pizza when the guys are gobbling away happily.

I love finding you like minded people on MFP Add me please ! :)
  • DarthBubbles
    DarthBubbles Posts: 138
    Options

I loved the KOTOR games - then again, I like most Bioware games

So stoked for Mass Effect 3...there are a lot of good games coming out later this year!
  • r99samigrl
    r99samigrl Posts: 25
    Options
    I haven't given up video games entirely, but I pretty much only let myself play old school NES and Genesis games (yes, I still have my original NES and Sega Genesis and games. I can't stand the thought of letting them go!), The only "modern" system I still have is a PS2, I do love me a PS1/PS2 RPG and can't bear to part with them! Although Netflix and Hulu have been killing me (though I am so pleased at the same time) by adding more anime recently! And at the same time as the new season of Doctor Who... It can be hard to motivate myself to leave the TV! Thank goodness for DVR.
  • GeekMomma42
    GeekMomma42 Posts: 48
    Options
    Woot woot! I love all this geekery! You all make me feel right at home here. So hard to find people who understand the random quotes and sci-fi references, know that Walking Dead was a comic BEFORE it was a TV series, or generally don't care about letting their inner geek show. I think I need you all as friends on here!

I'm a chemist geek momma married to the biggest geek I know (software engineer), raising two Pokemon-crazed, star wars watching, comic book reading, computer programming, video game playing (retro and current) geek girls. So proud!

You understand the lifestyle of the geeky. Add another geek girl to your corner!
  • pinkstapler
    pinkstapler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Morning! (Technically 3 am is the morning and the perfect time to pause Fallout and look around :smile: ) Hope everybody’s doing alright and I look forward to post/talking to ya’ll more (if I can actually do this for more than a week that is!)
  • Jesseocc
    Jesseocc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to all the Geek Girls! Myself Im a Geek Guy who just recently decided to take on this weight loss Quest. To all that need some support, feel free to add me. Good Luck Everybody
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMssvXWWn5Q

(Helps if you're already familiar with Voltaire!)

Brilliant!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Morning! (Technically 3 am is the morning and the perfect time to pause Fallout and look around :smile: ) Hope everybody’s doing alright and I look forward to post/talking to ya’ll more (if I can actually do this for more than a week that is!)

New FNV DLC soon, eh?! Can't wait! :bigsmile: