mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    8" but I'm told the pills don't work.

WIN
    lmao
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I am a current size US 6 and it is loose, I NEVER thought I would be in a size 4 but now that I am here, my legs are still quite chubby (darn pear shape) so I think once I get to my goal, a size 4 would be quite comfortable. But I got a lot of work to do on my legs... progress is soooo slow once you get to this point.
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 with a semi-petite frame (hips, butt, and thighs hold weight but small upper body). I'm a 6-8 right now, so probably a 4. Any less than that and I would look ridiculous I think!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It's interesting: The average height of USA women are about 5'4"-5'5" and the average size is 14. It is kinda amusing to Me that MANY women have such Unrealistic weight and size goals that Many will surely not achieve, or if they achieve - will not maintain. Those goals are a set up to be unhappy, and there goes the vicious cycle>>>Running after that Airbrushed, hyper made-up, surgically altered, half starved actress/model/celebrity OR someone you were 10/15/20/25 years ago. Just saying...

I live in the US and I'm 5'4". A size 14 may be "average", but I don't want to be "average" anymore. I'm happy and content to be a size 8/10. Like I said, right now I can walk into any store (from Macy's to Wal Mart), pick a 10 off the rack and it fits. I can wear an 8 at some stores, but I find some of them cut their 8's WAY too narrow in the hips. I am curvy and I like it. I don't want to look like a boy! However. I KNOW I can maintain this size (I have been since Sept 2010) because it is a comfortable and realistic size for me. So, I think it IS possible to set a goal, reach it and maintain it forever.
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    I am a current size US 6 and it is loose, I NEVER thought I would be in a size 4 but now that I am here, my legs are still quite chubby (darn pear shape) so I think once I get to my goal, a size 4 would be quite comfortable. But I got a lot of work to do on my legs... progress is soooo slow once you get to this point.

Size 4 is my goal. I'm in some size 6's now that are loose as well. And my belly still has a little bit of a pudge to it. So I think size 4 will be grat!

And I agree...right now progress is so slow!!!
  • Tic_Tac_Toe
    Tic_Tac_Toe Posts: 33
    Options
    I am 5'9. I'm in a size 11-12 but my goal is 9-10!!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    When I was at my healthiest (around 140 lbs), I had clothes in my closet ranging from a size 5 to a size 14 (U.S.)... and every single one of them fit me well.

I want women sizes like men sizes... with measurements.
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    I would like to be at a 10-12. I haven't been that size since high school.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and feel best as a US 10(top)/8P(bottom). I like my 8Ps to be a little loose, but not so loose that I need a 6P.

Started this journey as a 14(top)/12P(bottom), and am now, 23 lbs. later, I'm a 12(top)/10P(bottom), with a little bit of room.

Once I lose this next few pounds, I'm hoping to be back into the 10(top)/8P(bottom) range. I don't think I'll ever get my top half to match my bottom (boobs much?), but that's fine. I always buy the larger size if I'm buying dresses, and petites if I'm buying pants.
  • liberty741
    liberty741 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think I look best in a size 10. I am 5'8" and built bigger. I am a 14 or 16 now and am ridiculously uncomfortable! :-( But I am hoping to get back down to a 10 and feel better! Good luck!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Ideally, UK10 bottom, UK8 top - typical pear! :bigsmile:
  • clvdandj
    clvdandj Posts: 76
    Options
    in US sizes i would be 100 percent happy with myself if i was a 9/10
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7+
    I would say a comfy size 6
  • u0904058
    u0904058 Posts: 19
    Options
    I really want to be size 8 right now i am size twelve so yeah that would be my ideal size
  • bossymom
    bossymom Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    8-10 in US sizing. I don't want to get any smaller than that because I like my curves.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    How many sizes bigger/smaller is an American size compared to a UK size? x

1-2x bigger.

So a size 6 in Canada is = 8-10 UK.

Side note: I am positive about the above as I've done a lot of ebay/online shopping but have noticed US sizes are bigger than Canada. I wear a size 7 (which is a size 9 in the US juniors dept) and we do not have a jrs/misses division here just some stores are odd #'s some are even but size charts in the US compare a juniors size 7 to a size 4 misses and I am definitely NOT a size 4 hence why I buy a size 9 when shopping from a US jr’s dept, in misses a size 6 or less would work. I am also 5'8 and would like to be a 4 one day but comfortably back into my size 5's would be fine by me.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    duplicate.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I know some time ago I heard the average American woman is a size 14. I am 5' 5" and I am down to a size 8 from a size 14. I will be starting some strength training soon and I am hoping that will take me to a size 6. I am small boned; so I think I can handle it.

I heard that too and I looked it up about a year or so ago. It's now up to a size 16 for the average American woman. Good for you for being better than average!!!

I like a size 8-10. I carry a lot of muscle so that works out best for me.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It's interesting: The average height of USA women are about 5'4"-5'5" and the average size is 14. It is kinda amusing to Me that MANY women have such Unrealistic weight and size goals that Many will surely not achieve, or if they achieve - will not maintain. Those goals are a set up to be unhappy, and there goes the vicious cycle>>>Running after that Airbrushed, hyper made-up, surgically altered, half starved actress/model/celebrity OR someone you were 10/15/20/25 years ago. Just saying...

Well, regardless of the intent of this particular quote, I HAVE to throw an "in your face" your way to be fair to the people you just slapped in the face....... with this judgemental comment....

I am apparently above average in the height category for women at 5'7. And I am far below the average size at a 4! Yes, ma'am- I wear a size 4. I could eat like a moose all day long while playing couch commando and I would STILL wear a 4. With that being said, you dont know the body frame size or specifics for any of these people? Who are you to dictate if their goals are achievable or not? Furthermore, who are you to categorize the people who fall under that average size by saying were surgically altered or starving? I dont think so- I eat all day long and I am 100% natural!

We are all comfortable in DIFFERENT sizes, and that is for each of us to determine..........

Sheeesh.... Just sayin'
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    US 10 or smaller. My hips are gigantic so I don't think they'll ever be smaller than that lol XD