How many lb loss are you set at?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tracenspace
    Tracenspace Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 1 lb a week but I usually come in way under my calorie goal and have been losing about 2.5 pounds a week.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I started at 2 and found I was gaining..dropped to 1.5 and doing much, much better!
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I"m set at 2.0 pounds per week... but I don't get bent out of shape if I don't lose it.

I plateaued the last three weeks.

I'm back on track now.
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    I am set at 1.5lbs per week, which seemed like a good place to start. I can always move it down to 1lb if I feel it is to restrictive at some point.:happy:
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1lb . I was set at 2lbs since I joined in January, I lost about 15lbs and then for 3-4 weeks I was stuck at the same weight. Last week I changed it to lose 1lb/week and miraculously I lost 3lbs that week. I think your body gets used to eating those calories so it was time for a change, and the change did me good. :)
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm set at .7 lbs. per week (did my own settings), but I find I'm losing an average of 1.25.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I'm within 3-5lbs. of meeting my goal weight so I'm set at losing 0.5lbs. per week. Otherwise, during the prior 4 months I was set at losing 1lb. per week. You should only be set to losing 2lbs. per week if you have a lot of weight to lose (30+lbs.).

I'd say "a lot of weight to lose" is more like 75+ pounds. 30 pounds isn't *that* much in terms of the average person's weight loss and trying to lose 2 pounds per week is often far too restrictive.
    OK, let me put it another way. If your BMI is 30 or above, you're considered obese and can be set at losing 2lbs. per week. Otherwise, you'll have more success by setting your goal to 1.5 to 1lb. per week. The closer you get to your goal weight, the lower your weight loss setting.