Replies

• whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    hope you say no to todays cake as well, congrats for saying no yesterday
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Way to go yesterday. Avoid today's cake too! Calculate the calories right now. It must be over 400 calories for one piece of cake with frosting? Is one piece of cake worth an entire healthy meal? NO WAY!!
  • Samanthahahaha
    Options
    This thread is great! Hahaha, hopefully I can keep some of this in mind when I am tempted by free cake too (which will probably be this Friday, bah!)
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    In our office I started celebrating my staff BD's with Fruit Salad Parties! Everyone brings in a fresh fruit or yogurt or nuts and we each make a fruit salad parfait. It's been a hit and no one misses the cake. Maybe you could suggest this at your office?
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I have the perfect solution for anyone with free cake. Send it to meeeeeeeeee. I love cake.

56ed33096c3d598f_funny-pictures-cat-wants-to-eat-cake.jpg
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    In our office I started celebrating my staff BD's with Fruit Salad Parties! Everyone brings in a fresh fruit or yogurt or nuts and we each make a fruit salad parfait. It's been a hit and no one misses the cake. Maybe you could suggest this at your office?

Great idea! Unfortunetly some of these cake issues happen at a Ministry level--- yesterday was the kick off of a major fundrasing campaign, about a hundred ppl were there and the cake was donated. Today it was an actual birthday party, so there was a pot luck lunch and three kinds of cake! I did have some today, but since I didn't yesterday i Feel ok about it. Also the food was mostly light stuff anyway since the office is mostly women.

Thanks for your idea tho, it's something that we could definetly do within my unit!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    hope you say no to todays cake as well, congrats for saying no yesterday

Nah, ate the cake today, I decided I would and I loved it! Glad it was all homemade stuff, def still full of calories but at least REAL!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'm far from axorexic LOL, but okay. Was just trying to help!

I know, thanks for the suggestion, really i bet that quote helps a lot of people, just not me. "It's not you, it's me" LOL

ROTFL...yes it does help some people....The quote is my motto around here. I've lost 48.2 lbs so far and I tell myself this quote every time I'm wanting junk food that I'm about to eat. I think of it this way, it keeps me from making unhealthy choices. Being 48 lbs lighter and still not anorexic nothing I ate in the past made me feel good, but losing the weight certainly made me feel better about myself and better physically. Good luck with not eating the cake. Everyone gave you really good suggestions. When it comes down to it, the choice is yours. You can skip the cake or choose to eat it. Just think of how proud you will be of yourself when you skip the cake. It's all about willpower!

I like the adaptation I have heard, which is "Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels."

I have trouble looking up to Kate Moss, her health and her behaviors are not what I want for myself...
  • princessofmarrs
    princessofmarrs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like that adaption! Don't know too much about Kate Moss....know who she is but that's about it. I think being healthy is the best thing. Since I've lost all this weight I feel fabulous. Congrats to you on loosing 69 lbs! That's amazing!