2»

Replies

• Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    1/2 C of oatmeal
    1/2 cup of bran
    1/2 cup of dried raisins.
    sometimes I sweeten it with maple syrup as it is a natural sugar!

protein shakes can be ok but you may need to add some fruit

Low sodium V8 (or just veggie juice)
    with 2 morning quiche (recipe from South Beach Diet)

2 slices of chicken bacon
    with 3 egg whites

and I usually have a cup of tea or water.
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you ever liked the Egg McMuffin McDonalds. Well Jimmy Dean's D'Lights are excellent for a quick bite and healthy sandwich of at least 255 cal.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I tried the corn tortillas for breakfast and you know what? It wasn't half bad! I still had a hard time stomaching the eggs for some reason. Maybe I need to take a break from eggs for a bit. But I wasn't feeling that good this morning either. But I did like the tortillas!
  • rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    Options
    try making smoothies

first, stock your freezer with 4 oz nonfat yogurts (any flavor you prefer)
    then, peel a bunch of bananas & place in a ziploc bag in freezer

In a blender add 1 yogurt; 4 oz milk; 1 frozen banana; & any other frozen fruit if you desire (strawberries, mangoes, etc); I also add a scoop of protein powder - delicious, healthy & filling!

random question? you can freeze yogurts? i make smoothies every morning and would love to buy the yogurt in bulk.. how long does it last?
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are one of my son's (he's 4) favorite breakfasts. I do frozen strawberries, fresh banana, yogurt, milk and sometimes blueberries. If there is extra I put it into popcicle molds, put it in the freezer and we eat them for a snack before bedtime.
  • keepnfaith
    keepnfaith Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ok now I have lived on the mexican border all my life, the only way to warm a tortilla and get it pliable is to heat a cast iron skillet or other heavy guage skillet turn heat to hi, get skillet hot throw tortilla on it then turn takes about 30-40 seconds on each side! If you have a gas stove top the just turn it on and put tortilla over the fire (be careful) and turn a few times!!
    as for tortillas for breakfst you can have soft tacos too if you are tired of eggs (yuck):tongue: I use ground turkey breast seasoned with cumin, oregano, garlic and onion, lil salt and pepper too stuff it with lettuce and fresh spinach top with fresh tomatoes and salsa!! you could make one with fat free refried beans with salsa!

yummy!:bigsmile:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Ok now I have lived on the mexican border all my life, the only way to warm a tortilla and get it pliable is to heat a cast iron skillet or other heavy guage skillet turn heat to hi, get skillet hot throw tortilla on it then turn takes about 30-40 seconds on each side! If you have a gas stove top the just turn it on and put tortilla over the fire (be careful) and turn a few times!!

just be sure to keep turning the tortilla, every few seconds or so, in a circular motion to keep from burning....
  • mabarker
    mabarker Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi,

I think generally the yogurts on the market are not filling....but greek yogurt is entirely different. FAGE 0% fat free is only 80 calories and packs 13G of protein and it fills you up. I add fresh fruit and 1/4 grape nuts and its awesome. Try it!
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Options
    Do corn tortillas taste good with eggs and bacon though? Being a Texan I relate corn tortillas to Mexican food. :laugh:

I prefer corn tortillas to any other kind and I qalso am a fellow Texan
  • LAPETITERUSE
    Options
    if you wanted to do a cereal - try puffed rice .... it's the healthy version of rice krispies and it's really good with some fruit added in - and extremely low in calories :-D