Great Article on "Skinny-Fat"

Options
13»

Replies

• DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    The book people like is New Rules of Lifting.

For a good start, guys or girls, starting strength by Mark Rippetoe is the go. Full body workouts 3 times a week that provide most bang for your buck. Compound movements > Isolation movements for beginners (and just about everyone).

Thanks Chris! and Thanks OP this article was great!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I think this article deserves a little bump.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    bump :drinker:
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I think this one deserves a bump
  • HelizabethWood
    Options
    can i just say that yes the crosstrainer girl DOES look bulky!! im sorry but she does
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of this problem. I look pretty skinny. I'd rather be muscular. I've been trying very hard for the last few months by walking an hour a day and recently purchased a rowing machine. I love how that woman looks all dressed in jeans and t-shirt. She looks amazing. That's my goal!!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    This is a good article on skinny fat. I love lifting weights :)
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Excellent article, thanks for posting!

Can I just ask, what is CrossFit when it's at home?? Have to say I've never heard of it.

Also, the whole lifting weights side of life - I am not a member of a gym and really don't have £40+ to spare a month for a membership. I also currently don't own any weights - the only thing I have is some very light dumbells and a 5-set of resistance bands., graded from 10lbs to 50lbs of resistance Can I use these instead to achieve a non-skinny-fat look? LOL apart from a bit more flab I look pretty much like the picture half-way down on the left-hand side of the woman with a high amount of body fat - although mine isn't quite at 30% but about 25% - horrible!!!!!!!