OATMEAL. ICK!!! HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Add 1 TBSP peanut butter, and 1 TBSP dark chocolate chips or dark cocoa. Loaded with protein and very filling! I also use PB2 - a peanut butter powder that has less calories but all the flavor. You can add protein powder to the oatmeal too and it will add benefits and flavor.
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i do the rolled oats and microwave it.
    sometimes i add granny apples, red delicous apples w/
    almonds or walnuts or natural peanut butter.

it keeps you full until lunch time.

I'll be making some today!
  • jeffpiipponen
    jeffpiipponen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal and egg whites every morning and have for about a year. To take the monotony out of it i add one half cup of in season fresh berries or frozen ( i get the big bag of frozen blueberries from Costco) - I prefer blue berries, but black or rasberries will do and add two 45 mg scoops of pure stevia extract. To cook it I boil one cup of filtered water, a shake or two of sea salt and half cup standard rolled quaker oat. After the water comes to a full boil I add the oats, stir it only once, turn the heat to low and let it cook down kind of dry. About 10 minutes before I eat it I add the berries to the top to heat if they are frozen. When ready to serve I stir in stevia and eat. The way I do it, It should stick to the bottom of the pan, but not burn. :wink:
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every morning and sometimes as an evening snack depending on how many calories/carbs I have left. I LOVE it! I add fruit (fresh or frozen) and cinnamon; no sugar or sugar substitute or honey needed. Favorite fruits are blueberries or apples. Another good combo is pure cocoa powder and coconut. Use the search function as this has been posted many times before and there are tons of other ideas.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/159606-overnight-oatmeal?hl=overnight+oatmeal

Here is a post for overnight oatmeal that you can make steel oats overnight. Some people put variations that they have used.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I add either craisins, raisins, or mixed berries. I also add either a tsp of brown sugar or maple syrup.

1/3 cup of quick oats and stuff. Fill the bowl up with boiling water. Stir. By the time I get back to my desk it's thickened up.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    How about forget the oatmeal and go for some Ezekiel bread (freezer section), they make a cinnamon raisin that is good for breakfast.
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You can use honey, brown sugar, raisins, strawberries, blueberries, yogurt, jam, vanilla whey protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, peanut butter, really the possibilities are endless. Just mix in one or more of the ingredients above or anything else you can think of and you'll never get bored. I personally LOVE peanut butter and cinnamon or a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder in mine...YUMMO!
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I cook mine with 2% milk and flavor it with brown sugar and blackberries/ blueberries/ strawberries, really what ever I have.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I buy steel cut oats (Quaker Brand). They're right next to the instant oatmeals. I usually follow the directions on the canister by boiling them on a stove for a while, but some times I cook them overnight in a crock pot. I add some cinnamon, vanilla, almonds and dried fruit and they are so good!
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I like to toss in strawberries and slivered almonds in mine. If I don't have strawberries I'll use bananas and walnuts. No sugar. So good!
  • CLA2801
    CLA2801 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I should have been more clear...I know how to cook it...how do you FLAVOR it??? I have a hard time w/ this.

I flavor with natural peanut butter and sugar-free maple syrup OR 1/2 a banana.