Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Water bottle suggestions please!

Replies

• lisapisa1
    lisapisa1 Posts: 115
    This is my favorite! I love that it has a straw, because I'm always spilling. It wont spill if you tip it over. I can also put it in my back pack without it leaking. They make it in tons of colors, and it's only $15. Holds between 24 - 32 oz and has the measurements on the side. It also fits in the machine bottle holders at the gym.

http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recreation/Bottles/Better-Bottle-75L.aspx

Drinking from a straw can cause some people bloating since they are sucking in extra air when they drink
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    I get mine from Bed Bath & Beyond for $5-$10 (24-32oz). They have the pop top, so no need to unscrew or use a straw. Love them!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I just went to Dollar General and bought a nice clear plastic bottle is a snap tight lid. 4 bucks. I don't put ice in it so no problem with sweating. I fill 3 times per day and it gets me 9 cups of water.

Not to scare you but that's probably instant-cancer causing. Water bottle manufacturers have strict standards about chemicals used and manufacturing methods to ensure leeching does not occur which causes cancer. Products that are $1 manufactured in countries w/o these standards should be avoided.

I love Dollerama don't get me wrong but NOT for food, baby products or items you put in your mouth. Party supplies, frames and ear phones etc.... all good!
  • lisapisa1
    lisapisa1 Posts: 115
    I'm totally the antagonist......I haven't seen any obituaries lately that say this woman died from drinking out a plastic bottle. i use a cellphone every day and i still don't have a brain tumor from that either. just saying :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I'm totally the antagonist......I haven't seen any obituaries lately that say this woman died from drinking out a plastic bottle. i use a cellphone every day and i still don't have a brain tumor from that either. just saying :)

Medical studies can prove anything, 14% of all people know that ;)

It's the same as aspartame, don't think anyone has died yet but the evils of diet pop and fake sugar are bit**ed about daily on MFP and in life.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    I just went to Dollar General and bought a nice clear plastic bottle is a snap tight lid. 4 bucks. I don't put ice in it so no problem with sweating. I fill 3 times per day and it gets me 9 cups of water.

Not to scare you but that's probably instant-cancer causing. Water bottle manufacturers have strict standards about chemicals used and manufacturing methods to ensure leeching does not occur which causes cancer. Products that are $1 manufactured in countries w/o these standards should be avoided.

I love Dollerama don't get me wrong but NOT for food, baby products or items you put in your mouth. Party supplies, frames and ear phones etc.... all good!

Now a days...breathing causes cancer. I can't waste money on expensive water bottles...so I'm doing the best I can. Honestly I never knew there was so much thought put into a water bottle LOL
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    I cannot say enough good things about my Camelbak water bottle! Not only does it hold 750mL, but it's super durable too! I don't suggest this, but one of my friends has a camelbak as well, and he happened to set it on the railing of a stair well about four flights up the stairs. Long story short, the bottle fell and and when we went to go find it, expecting it to be shattered it only had a few scratches! So as I said, super durable.

I've gotten both of mine from Target. I believe they are about $15 and have all different colors (pink, purple, dark blue, light blue, green, grey) So there is something for everyone!
  • calistyle
    calistyle Posts: 7
    I use a protein shaker, holds 25 oz of water and when I'm hungry, simply add some protein. rinse and repeat through the day.

you can them free/cheap at local nutrition shop.
  • Shmookalink
    Shmookalink Posts: 68 Member
    I use a Camelbak too!

http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recreation/Bottles/Podium-Chill.aspx

Best water bottle I ever bought! Every other bottle I tried leaked all down my hand when out running, but not this one. And it keeps the liquids cold. Comes with a clever little pouch for keys, energy gel etc. :happy:
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    I use a Nike runner water bottle with suction anti spill type mech. The size is about 16 oz.

My better half uses a Bobble and she loves it. these are kinda cool looking and have a built in filter. The Bobble is 32 oz I believe.

Neither have measurements on them but knowing the total volume of the container easily helps calculate intake.

Good luck!:tongue:
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    This is my favorite! I love that it has a straw, because I'm always spilling. It wont spill if you tip it over. I can also put it in my back pack without it leaking. They make it in tons of colors, and it's only $15. Holds between 24 - 32 oz and has the measurements on the side. It also fits in the machine bottle holders at the gym.

http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recreation/Bottles/Better-Bottle-75L.aspx

Drinking from a straw can cause some people bloating since they are sucking in extra air when they drink
    Drinking through a straw or sport top it the only way I will get all my water in for some reason, I wont buy a water bottle without one or the other.
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    I use a Nike runner water bottle with suction anti spill type mech. The size is about 16 oz.

My better half uses a Bobble and she loves it. these are kinda cool looking and have a built in filter. The Bobble is 32 oz I believe.

Neither have measurements on them but knowing the total volume of the container easily helps calculate intake.

Good luck!:tongue:
    I have the Booble too and love it.
  • GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Klean Kanteens ROCK!!! Both the company and their products. My daughter and I use our plain stainless Klean Kanteens daily and they get dropped, kicked, thrown and rolled all over the place. Once she dented hers so badly that the bottom wouldn't sit flat...like a Weeble. I took my hammer to it and it's back to normal. If you do ever get rid of them, they're 100% recyclable. I bought a case and gave them as Christmas presents one year. The price is pretty cheap, especially if you look at a cost per use. If you like your water cold, they make a double walled insulated version that is amazing. Keeps ice in my water all day, even here in Vegas. The only drawback to that version is it can't be put in the dishwasher due to the danger of water being forced into the seal.

I'll never touch a SIGG bottle, I'm so angry about them hiding the fact that they used BPA in their "proprietary formula lining". And, frankly, I simply don't trust plastic...it may be BPA free, but what's the "next" BPA type chemical we need to avoid going to be? I I try to stick with glass and unlined stainless steel whenever possible. If you find a stainless bottle that says it's dishwasher safe, then it's most likely unlined. If you have a lined bottle I wouldn't recommend putting it in the dishwasher as they can accerbate the leaching.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member

No extra air gets in the bottle because of the design. It's hard to describe, but it works really well. Im never bloated from my water bottle. Certain foods, but never my water bottle.
  • ShapeUpSidney

It's the same as aspartame, don't think anyone has died yet but the evils of diet pop and fake sugar are bit**ed about daily on MFP and in life.

Well IDK about cancer, but diet sodas are really bad for your diet. Saccharin has been shown to cause cancer in animal models, but the diet issues with sodas have been shown in HUMAN studies. The NEJM put out a 15 year study recently showing that people who have 1 or more can of diet soda per day are TWICE as likely to develop a metabolic disorder.

http://www.lifescript.com/Body/Food/Eating_Well_articles/The_Diet_Difference_Does_Diet_Soda_Deserve_A_Bad_Rap.aspx
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    I love the one I have. Bought it Target. Nalgene. 24oz. big opening so you can add ice cubes before crewing on the top. Easy flip top. It is dishwasher safe and BPA free too. I use it everyday! Best money I spent.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    The issue with BPA isnt only cancer related. It also closely resembles estrogen, and is being blamed for a whole host of other health issues, like early menstruation in young girls, infertility in men, etc. http://www.naturalnews.com/022848.html
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    My 2 cents, I say it depends on what features you want...I have a myriad of different bottles, depending on what I want it for - my stand-by and first is a 32oz Nalgene, which come in different colors/sizes/shapes/materials so pick what you want there. I like it because it has a loop top (easy to carry), I prefer the wide-mouth so I can put ice in it if I want (usually only when it's super hot out), holds 32 oz (I drink a lot of water!). FYI, it has measurements on the side, but mine have worn off (it's also like 8 years old, but by now I know how much it holds).

I also have a Camelbak with the sipper-type straw that holds 24 oz - I got this one to use at the gym, because I generally spill water all over trying to drink of my wide-mouth bottle, haha. I don't think I suck in any more air drinking out of it than a wide-mouth bottle, in fact I probably swallow more air with the wide-mouth!

I also have a Bobble (20 oz I think, it doesn't have measurements like the others but they come in different sizes), which I use at home & keep in the fridge (water at home isn't the best-tasting, even filtered, but it's drinkable when it's cold). Brita also came (back) out with the built-in filter type, too (they had them like 10+ years ago, then when I wanted one they were gone!).

I did get an aluminum bottle this spring (free giveaway at the stair climb race I did), but I wasn't impressed with it. Just personal preference. The top screwed in/out and was hard to put back in (I'd have to fumble with it), so it was inconvenient to me.
  • Survivor1997
    Survivor1997 Posts: 59 Member
    I'm a bit of a cheapskate, so I just use a Propel or a regular plastic bottle that drinks come in. I take a permanent marker and draw a line at the 4 and 8 ounce levels. I change out the bottle every few days.

Works very well for me, as I never have to look at a huge jug of water waiting for me to drink it.