life with a toddler...

Options
13»

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    The Little Mermaid over and over and over and over. I think between the ages of two and three we watched it 3 times a day. And I worked.

Couldn't figure out why the toilet was stopped up. For two weeks we just kind of wondered at it but didn't get around to ficing it because we had another one...Gracie finally says something about maybe flushing a starwars action figure down the toilet. Sure enough a stormtrooper was missing.

The fact that she never stops until she's dead to the world asleep.

Things that make it better when I want to pull my hair out and cry in frustration..like yesterday she called a Bald Eagle a "No hair eagle" It was awesome.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Some of these are fall on the floor hillarious!! I'm counting my blessings right now that my daughter is fairly tame at times! Wow... The worst thing I have to say is "Don't poke, kick, slap, paint, color, ride, harrass or otherwise annoy that poor dog!!!" Luckily my Blabbie (Black Lab x Am Staff) is very VERY tollerant and most of the time just looks at me like "will you DO something about your horrible little monster child!"
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Ah, I forgot this other major life-change -- was reminded by the greasy fingerprints mentioned above.

I used to care somewhat about having a tidy, clean house. Post-kidlet: The house is a total sh*thole. There are moms that sanitize every little surface and buy vats of Germ-X. I'm not one of those moms.

My house is a sh*thole too post kid...its pretty much do the barest amount of cleaning just to get you through. It is what it is.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I can expect my two year old girl to sneak out of her bed at night...over and over again sometimes. And for her to get into something and make a mess in the shortest amount of time possible! Like Boudreax's butt paste, my make-up, lotion...of course Mommy should have made sure these were out of reach. :)
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Ah, I forgot this other major life-change -- was reminded by the greasy fingerprints mentioned above.

I used to care somewhat about having a tidy, clean house. Post-kidlet: The house is a total sh*thole. There are moms that sanitize every little surface and buy vats of Germ-X. I'm not one of those moms.

My house is a sh*thole too post kid...its pretty much do the barest amount of cleaning just to get you through. It is what it is.

I could clean for-****ing-ever and still have it get messy the same day. I feel guilty if I let it get too bad, because I live with my Dad right now. When I move out I am going to have to relax about it because I start college in August..
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    The worst horror to me. Bar none. Even worse than poo in strange places. Over and above the snot, the constant questions, the noise. This conquers everything.

Hearing the words issued from my very own mouth that I never thought I'd utter: "Because I said so."
  • ncwmark
    ncwmark Posts: 40
    Options
    Singing songs... endlessly... song after song after song... on and on... over and over...
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    We are just starting the toddler phase. It's just the best when my little one climbs up next to me on the couch and gives me a huge hug and pats me on the back. Makes the entire day of "Don't feed the dog your goldfish" and "Don't open the babies' eyelids while she's sleeping!" all worth it.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My "toddler" is 7 and has autism, so I have to CONSTANTLY repeat phrases after him or he gets mad. They usually have something to do with Mario. The school bus is not a bus, it is Luigi's Ice Cream Truck and the driver is Luigi, no matter if they are male or female. He will run up to me while I am working out just to tickle my feet and laugh at me and think it's funny after I almost trip over him.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Singing songs... endlessly... song after song after song... on and on... over and over...

It was like that with the three little pigs not long ago. He would repeat it over and over and over. everytime he got on the phone with my mom it was the first thing he would say. "Little Pig Little Pig let me in!" He didn't even say hi.
  • jknops2
    jknops2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Shoot,, reading this my 2.5 year old is easy. This night she said at 8, I am ready for bed, put me in. So I did, she read a book, actually looked at the pictures for 10 minutes, and then called out.lLights off, I want to go to sleep. And that's pretty typical.