Has anyone got a Polar FT4? Just a couple of questions :)

Options
I am looking at buying this HRM http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polar-FT4-Heart-Rate-Monitor/dp/B0037V01SK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

1) Would you recommend it?
2) Is the one in the link above a mens or womens HRM or does it not matter with this model?

I'd appreciate if anyone can help me on this. I really want to order this one tonight if it is a womens that is! :P

Thanks guys :flowerforyou:

Replies

• NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have one and LOVE it...and I would recommend it
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it. I would recommend it.
  • JustBill
    JustBill Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've got a silver-ish FT4. I think the one in that link is the women's version, but I don't think there's any difference between them in functionality, just color.

I would totally recommend it and love it. The only caveat is that if you want to upload your training sessions to the website or a computer, you need the FT7 and an additional attachment instead. If all you care about is tracking your training sessions, the FT4 is perfect. (It holds nine or ten of your previous workouts.)
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think the womens is smaller (for smaller wrists). I have it and LOVE it!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I have one and absolutely LOVE it and would recommend the Polar to anyone looking for a HRM.
  • michelleisgettinfit
    Options
    I have the exact one... and I love it. It works great and very easy to set up. You should definetely get it. :)
  • kharrington23
    kharrington23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had this model and used it for a just a couple of months. Then, the HRM quit working and would be really erratic (saying my BPM were over 200 then would swing down to 80 or 0 in a matter of seconds).

I didn't like it, but I know people who have used it and haven't had any problems. The link you posted is for women.

Hope that helps!
  • JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    The bronze is the womens.....yes I recommend it, it is the best thing that has happen to my weight loss journey. I now know exactly how many calories I am burning!!!
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have one. Best investment I ever made!! The silver/gray is for the men. Yes it matters the programs are different on the units.
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    LOVE mine and actually am addicted to wearing it for workouts. Had a minor fit when I went to Zumba class and realized I had left my chest strap at home.

Easy to use. Very reliable. Have used mine since November 2010 and have logged 111 hours of workout time on it without issues.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would recommend it and that one is the woman's one.
  • tenikb02
    tenikb02 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi. I was actually at the store yesterday and I found it to be very impressive. I will probably buy one this weekend. I liked how it counted the calories you burn as well as your heart rate. The sales associate said it was a good one to buy. It also keeps track of previous workout session data. :happy:
  • katy5692
    katy5692 Posts: 140
    Options
    thankyou everyone!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

is the bronze one the womens then?

have any women got the silver one?

I prefer the silver one in looks but if thats the mens i dont want to buy that one... :|
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is a woman's HRM. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, this is the exact one I just got a few weeks ago and I really like it a lot! It does just what you'd need it to. Some people complain because while you're working out you have to change between screens to see time, then calories burned, then your heart rate, etc (It's not all displayed together), but I don't mind it at all. You just tap a button -- big deal! ;-)
  • AdGalicia
    AdGalicia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and I love it...so i would definately recommend the FT4
  • VTGrumpy
    VTGrumpy Posts: 7
    Options
    Both my wife and I have FT4s, and we would indeed recommend them.

- Once I have the chest band on, I tend to forget it, which is good.

- The FT4 is coded, which helps with cross-contamination from other people's monitors. We often work out side-by-side with no problems.

- The rate seems to be accurate; I've compared it to taking my pulse manually and the built-ins on some machines, and they're all within a few beats per minute.

- We use it for cardio and for weight training almost every day, and have no complaints.

The model in the link is the women's, although the only difference I can see between mine and my wife's is band color and POSSIBLY size, although I think color is it.

I hope this helps!

Dennis
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I have one, I love it - I got it on clearance at Target!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    thankyou everyone!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

is the bronze one the womens then?

have any women got the silver one?

I prefer the silver one in looks but if thats the mens i dont want to buy that one... :|

The silver one would be larger as it is the man's one.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    looove it! the chest strap is so soft, and machine washable too. easy to use interface on the watch.
  • ChloMonster
    ChloMonster Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Love mine! I found it cheaper at a local store and didn't have to pay for shipping and handling. Was talking with someone at the gym today... She had a different brand. She is a runner, and her model included gps and running rate. I don't need all of that info. The FT4 will track your calories burned and heart rate.