Has anyone got a Polar FT4? Just a couple of questions :)

Options

Replies

• katy5692
    katy5692 Posts: 140
    Options
    okay thankyou! sad that i'll have to buy the bronze one but it will be worth it 'm sure :bigsmile:

I do have little wrists so i'm not willing to risk it!

:flowerforyou:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    GET IT!!!
    The bronze is "female" the silver is "male".
    But the only difference is the size. They allow you to input your gender, height, weight and age etc.
    I love my Polar FT4! I can't work out without it! The best $80 I ever spent!
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    The bronze is the womens.....yes I recommend it, it is the best thing that has happen to my weight loss journey. I now know exactly how many calories I am burning!!!

i had the pink/beige one, but lost the strap and bought a silver one cause it looked purty. It gives me the option to input sex. And its the same size as the pink one, maybe there's another Silver one out there just for men? Also, I have two transmitters now and can use either on either watch for some reason.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    thankyou everyone!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

is the bronze one the womens then?

have any women got the silver one?

I prefer the silver one in looks but if thats the mens i dont want to buy that one... :|

The silver one is the men's hrm and is bigger and slightly heavier. I don't know if it would be calibrated any different from the women's.
  • katy5692
    Options
    Ordering it NOW :happy:

Thank you all for your help :flowerforyou:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    okay thankyou! sad that i'll have to buy the bronze one but it will be worth it 'm sure :bigsmile:

I do have little wrists so i'm not willing to risk it!

:flowerforyou:

Actually, you really don't. I have the silver one. It was the only one available at the store I was at, and since the only difference was the size, I wasn't worried about it because I have large wrists. But even if I had small ones it wouldn't be a big deal because the holes go all the way up the band. You can make it really small.
  • em_lou007
    em_lou007 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hey!
    There isn't a size difference between the 2 and both ask if your male or female it's just colour - I wasn't sure which colour to get but ended up with the bronze - it looks more like i've fake tanned it :) not in a bad way though :happy:

xx
  • katy5692
    Options
    ordered the bronze one now anyway :)
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the silver one myself last night. I had a different brand of HRM before but it went hay-wire in under a year. I hear that Polars are much more reliable *fingers crossed*
  • LisaRDavis
    LisaRDavis Posts: 16
    Options
    I have the exact same one and LOVE it! I see that you ordered yours, hope you like as much as others and myself who have posted.
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just purchased mine this weekend and the first workout I did using it, I was astonished. I had just a watch and it really showed a much higher calorie burn than this one does. I have overestimated calories because of this and luckily I have been under calories so its okay. I am now going to use the Polar faithfully and use the calorie burn from it instead of Curves Smart system or treadmill or MFP calculations or anything. I think this is much closer to the actual calorie burn.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Highly recommend. I use the FT4 myself and it's probably one of the most popular HRMs on this site.

God Bless!

Shawn
  • sonnyless
    sonnyless Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pipinan24
    pipinan24 Posts: 14
    Options
    I was wondering myself over the last few days whether to order it or not....so I just did. I'm looking forward to it now :)
  • tenikb02
    tenikb02 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi actually purchased one this past week and its great. You can buy silver or bronze because they are for both men and women, once you enter your age, weight and all that other personal stuff it asks if you're male or female. So I doubt that the color matters. It's a great product nonetheless. I would definitely recommend it.
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    was thinking of getting this tomorrow but just seen the ft7 and like the fact it tells you if you're improving fitness or burning fat, hmm decisions decisions, not sure can afford the 7 tho :frown:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    was thinking of getting this tomorrow but just seen the ft7 and like the fact it tells you if you're improving fitness or burning fat, hmm decisions decisions, not sure can afford the 7 tho :frown:

I feel like a nut repeating this 10 thousand times, but I just bought the FT7 from drugstore.com for 79.99.. So if you have at least that much then you can def. afford it!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Both the FT4 and the FT7 have a cloth strap which incorporates electrodes into the weave, that you clip the transmitter to, instead of the old all-in-one rubber style one.

The cloth strap MUST be rinsed after every use, and also washed regularly or it won't work. I thought my battery was going after only a few days, it turned out that it was because I hadn't rinsed it after use, even though I'd only used it for short periods walking round the house to test it and not for working out.
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options

I feel like a nut repeating this 10 thousand times, but I just bought the FT7 from drugstore.com for 79.99.. So if you have at least that much then you can def. afford it!

thanks appreciate that, will check my account in the morning before buying
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

thanks appreciate that, will check my account in the morning before buying

No problem :) . Also forgot to mention, that I got an extra 10 dollars off from cuponcabin.com. Just go to that website and type in drugstore.com and it should pop up 10 dollars off of 80.