Replies

• MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome post, thank you!!
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I've recently started working out with a personal trainer & I so agree with this. I love the pain I feel for a couple days after, it's like the feeling of getting stornger every day. Everyone should read this! Thanks for putting it out there!
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I thought this was an interesting article about Planet Fitness Gyms:

http://www.slate.com/id/2293368/

For what it's worth, I love working out at the local rec center. The variety of people there is awesome to me :).
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    I hate PF with a passion.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I just read that link....PIZZA day at the GYM!? Certain exercises prohibited!? :noway:

Thanks for the heads up, I love LA Fitness and wouldn't leave, but I now have a clear reason to tell people why NOT to go to Planet Fitness.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :noway: Wow.

So if you aren't serious about getting in shape and just want to "feel" like you are getting healthy and "working out" Planet Fitness is for you.

*rolleyes*
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I thought this was an interesting article about Planet Fitness Gyms:

http://www.slate.com/id/2293368/

For what it's worth, I love working out at the local rec center. The variety of people there is awesome to me :).

That parody commercial is the funniest thing I've seen in years! Great stuff! Almost makes me want to move to PA just so I can join Iron Sport Gym. :laugh:
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Great post and well said.
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    Great post, really makes you think. Thanks!!
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    What you said applies to group exercise, too. I teach group ex, currently bootcamp style/kickboxing cardio classes and many times I’m told: oh I can’t attend your class, I don’t feel comfortable in a group setting with people watching, etc. I applaud everyone who comes to my classes and I try to do all levels justice. I never judge, neither do my other participants, because they are BUSY working out. I hope the this judgment myth will come to an end and more new people go and get fit through group exercise! Don’t forget to ask you doc for permission prior to attending though.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    From one gym rat to another... you ROCK! Not only am I willing to help a newbie... I'm all about it. I LOVE working out. It's been part of my lifestyle for a long time and I don't mind at all sharing what I know. I admire anyone who has the courage to start from scratch and learn. We were all newbies at one time...
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    I always wanted to know what the fit people are thinking. It's good to know they are probably thinking just like me.
    I swim with alot of elderly ladies. One is about 90 and has to be rolled into the pool off her walker. I am sure she doesn't give two hoots about any of us! She just gets in there and swims...slow as a turtle but she never stops. She's my inspiration every time I go to the gym.
  • mollymoo89
    mollymoo89 Posts: 202
    Options
    AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING post!
  • mollymoo89
    mollymoo89 Posts: 202
    Options
    Just saw that you are at Ft. Benning, I have a friend who was there and now at Ft. Carson, CO. I'm from Atlanta and headed to Auburn in the fall for grad school which is near Ft. Benning! Best of luck to you!
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to know what the fit people are thinking.

I NEVER judge, I just want to help everyone I work with to have fun and get in shape.
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Great post. Thanks!
  • seachelle
    seachelle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great Post!!!!