some help please, im having an emergency crisis!!!

Options
I am babysitting tonight and the mother told me that she promised her boys they could have some ice cream.
Heavenly Hash is MY FAVOURITE!!!!!! I read the calories and it is 150 per 1/2 cup. I have more than enough caloires left over for the day (I roughly ate 1000 today).
Should I give in and eat the ice cream, but keep in mind that it will put me over in my sugars.....

UHGGGGG I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO?!!!

Replies

• music_lover_103
    Options
    do it! if you really want some and you've got enough calories left over, then i say go for it! a treat every now and then will be good for you! just make sure not to eat too much. moderation is key.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I say eat it, but measure out a half-cup and savor it. Enjoy!
    -LP
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Sheesh, have whatever you calorie intake allows and enjoy!
  • macasadiam
    macasadiam Posts: 5
    Options
    congrats in your progress so far!!! you know its good to treat yourself once in a while so you don't feel guilty, but if you think you might go over your goal. make sure that you are full when you go babysetting, or bring something with you for snack while the kids eat the ice cream so that you are not tempted. good luck!!!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    If I have the cals I would do it!! enjoy!!!
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This is a life journey and NOT a temporary diet.
    We need to learn to make sensible choices that we can live with long term.

Can you eat just 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup of ice cream and walk away from the carton? If so, then enjoy a small treat. Eat slowly and savor every bite.
    BUT, if a taste will start you down a slippery slope, then maybe it's not such a good idea. You decide what works for you.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Why cant you just have a small amount. No reason to force yourself not to...because it will just be on your mind the whole time. Have a little bit.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am going to say don't have it. Only because I can't do even a little without giving into a lot. I know I wouldn't stop at 1/2 cup... and giving in today, would weaken my resolve and I would give in for the rest of the week.

But that is me. If you have self control, then go for it!
  • Julezebub
    Julezebub Posts: 106
    Options
    If you have the calories and the saturated fat left available then go for it. I wouldn't worry about going over on sugar or carbs now and then if the fat and calories area on target. Enjoy!
  • ttlavoie
    ttlavoie Posts: 7
    Options
    Go for it but keep it to half cup. Everything in moderation.
  • FinMcK
    FinMcK Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Enjoy every bite!
  • sahlah
    sahlah Posts: 52
    Options
    If you are not specifically needing to keep your sugar in check then go for it. Take the time to measure it out and if the kids seem interested tell them what you are doing so that they feel part of it. Who knows maybe it will help them learn. :)
  • liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Agreed.
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Definitely. You deserve it!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    ditto everyone. Go for it!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Well, it looks like you ate light today and ya already had some sweets earlier in the day. :tongue: ...on the other hand you have alot more calories....So, my advice is to go ahead with the ice cream but then ALSO have some more protein.......or a veggie that has good fiber. sorta going for the balance.

:smooched:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Here's something to keep in mind about this whole weight loss journey:

The things we love (like ice cream or cake or pie) aren't going to suddenly disappear simply because we're trying to lose weight. They are still going to show up in our lives once in awhile. Here's how *I* handle it...

If I want some ice cream - I have it. I read the serving size, I portion it out, I eat it and I log it. I make sure that I account for it in my calories for the day.

If I want a piece of cake - I have it. I cut the frosting off it. I take the smallest piece I can get, I eat it and I do the best I can to log it.

If I want pie - I have it. I take a small piece, eat it and log it as best I can.

You can't go the rest of your life never coming in contact with the items you love. Plus, I don't know about you -- but I'm only 35 and have a LONG life ahead of me. I don't want to live it miserably. You have to remember to ENJOY life too.

So. Portion out 1/2 cup. Savor each bite. Log it. And go on with your life.
  • Eyoung8
    Eyoung8 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    "Deprivation=binge. Just be careful not to go overboard!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Jeeze. Just have some ice cream. No one will die. :)
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters - measure it out, eat it slowly and savor each bite. :) If you can't do that while you're babysitting, wait till the kids are in bed and have your ice cream after they've gone to bed.

It will put your over your sugar, but treating yourself once a week isn't going to break the bank, it's about a new lifestyle.

Another thing you can do....take your toothbrush and brush your teeth right after you have your ice cream and get yourself a HUGE glass of water. That should help. :)