some help please, im having an emergency crisis!!!

Options

Replies

• fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    How soon do you want to end up under the chest-cutter's scalpel (heart surgeon) to fix the blocked arteries in your heart (they can only do that twice in your lifetime...if you live) or...worse yet, on a slab in the morgue.

You're in control of your mind and your body~~~take control. You can do it because you're a winner.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Here's something to keep in mind about this whole weight loss journey:

The things we love (like ice cream or cake or pie) aren't going to suddenly disappear simply because we're trying to lose weight. They are still going to show up in our lives once in awhile. Here's how *I* handle it...

If I want some ice cream - I have it. I read the serving size, I portion it out, I eat it and I log it. I make sure that I account for it in my calories for the day.

If I want a piece of cake - I have it. I cut the frosting off it. I take the smallest piece I can get, I eat it and I do the best I can to log it.

If I want pie - I have it. I take a small piece, eat it and log it as best I can.

You can't go the rest of your life never coming in contact with the items you love. Plus, I don't know about you -- but I'm only 35 and have a LONG life ahead of me. I don't want to live it miserably. You have to remember to ENJOY life too.

So. Portion out 1/2 cup. Savor each bite. Log it. And go on with your life.

Great advice! :)
  • Eyoung8
    Eyoung8 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Here's something to keep in mind about this whole weight loss journey:

The things we love (like ice cream or cake or pie) aren't going to suddenly disappear simply because we're trying to lose weight. They are still going to show up in our lives once in awhile. Here's how *I* handle it...

If I want some ice cream - I have it. I read the serving size, I portion it out, I eat it and I log it. I make sure that I account for it in my calories for the day.

If I want a piece of cake - I have it. I cut the frosting off it. I take the smallest piece I can get, I eat it and I do the best I can to log it.

If I want pie - I have it. I take a small piece, eat it and log it as best I can.

You can't go the rest of your life never coming in contact with the items you love. Plus, I don't know about you -- but I'm only 35 and have a LONG life ahead of me. I don't want to live it miserably. You have to remember to ENJOY life too.

So. Portion out 1/2 cup. Savor each bite. Log it. And go on with your life.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    How soon do you want to end up under the chest-cutter's scalpel (heart surgeon) to fix the blocked arteries in your heart (they can only do that twice in your lifetime...if you live) or...worse yet, on a slab in the morgue.

You're in control of your mind and your body~~~take control. You can do it because you're a winner.

WHOA WHOA WHOA.

a half cup of ice cream is not going to give a healthy person a heart attack. a half cup of ice cream is not gonna give ANYONE a heart attack.

simmer down now...
  • Eyoung8
    Eyoung8 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    LMBO!!!!!!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness. 1/2 cup of ice cream isn't going to send her to the emergency room for bypass surgery tonight. I think you're being just a wee bit extreme here. Good grief.
  • breannatrevs
    breannatrevs Posts: 114
    Options
    OKay, I DID IT.
    I ate it, and then I put my bowl in the sink and left it alone.
    Just the after taste of ice cream makes me feel like a failure!~
  • alana926
    alana926 Posts: 33
    Options
    go for it and enjoy!!!!
  • strawintogold
    Options
    All this over ice cream?

I thought someone's arms fell off or their dog got hit by a car or you know, like a crisis.
    You may want to take a moment and reevaluate your approach to this if it's going to be a longterm/lifetime thing. Unless !!! count as cardio, you are going to need to get some perspective.

It's only food.

A crisis is not having any to eat.

Freaking yourself out is silly, frankly.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

Seriously? C'mon.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    All this over ice cream?

I thought someone's arms fell off or their dog got hit by a car or you know, like a crisis.
    You may want to take a moment and reevaluate your approach to this if it's going to be a longterm/lifetime thing. Unless !!! count as cardio, you are going to need to get some perspective.

It's only food.

A crisis is not having any to eat.

Freaking yourself out is silly, frankly.

Yup.
  • scarnall2
    scarnall2 Posts: 18
    Options
    Don't forget to keep check of your fat intake too. Not only does ice cream pack a punch of sugar, it is also full of fat. I agree with the majority. If it is within your calorie intake, have your small serving of heaven. If it's going to send you over your count, you might want to really think about it. The other day, I was craving peach pie. My husband and I took a peach pie over to a friend's house for dinner. I ate a small slice and left the rest of the pie at their place. Now my craving for pie is gone! Maybe after you eat your treat, you can take the kids outside and play tag? Do something to burn those calories!
  • strawintogold
    Options

Seriously? C'mon.

What? You don't see the Grim Reaper over there with a scythe in one hand and an ice cream scoop in the other?
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    OKay, I DID IT.
    I ate it, and then I put my bowl in the sink and left it alone.
    Just the after taste of ice cream makes me feel like a failure!~

Don't feel like a failure. It was a small serving (and the correct one at that!) of ice cream. You didn't eat the entire carton. Don't be down on yourself. Like I said -- you HAVE to enjoy your life too!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

What? You don't see the Grim Reaper over there with a scythe in one hand and an ice cream scoop in the other?

I just lol'd.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    me too! today has been entertaining!
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options

Oh, this was funny!
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    This is quite possibly the most entertaining thread I've seen in a while. Ice cream, the great emergency crisis.
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    **oops, posted twice (:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Go for it.but measure it out and stick to that amount.Enjoy!!