before and after with pics

Options
124»

Replies

• Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are at my goal weight. I can't wait to look at hot as you do. GREAT JOB!
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Great job! I started at 164 and my goal is 129/130 as well. I have 7 more pounds to go! Cant wait to be at your spot. What have you been doing?????????
  • Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations, you look great! :)
  • lgchoc
    lgchoc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you look fab, very insperational
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    SOOO happy for you! You're looking amazing!!!! Totally jealous, but I'm getting there... CONGRATS!!!!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    woow- totally overwhelmed by all the nice messages and support!!

To answer some of your questions, I am 5'6.

My food diary is viewable to friends, feel free to add me if you'd like. The biggest most useful tip i found in the beginning is limit or reduce carbs such as pasta, bread, rice at dinner. Especially in the beginning, and then can reincorporate a little bit later on.

In terms of working out I think variety is key. During the winter i did cross country skiing, skating, athletic conditioning, interval runs on the treadmill at the gym (i'm a huge fan of serena Williams interval running mixes, you can buy on itunes and put on your ipod) , Jillian Michaels 30 day shread, hot yoga.

I recently did JM 6 weeks to 6 pack and i found it was pretty good.

Currently i'm training for a 10k run, so i run with a running group 3 times a week, I still do athletic conditioning ( calisthenics and weights), hot yoga once a week or every couples of week, spinning, and starting JM no more trouble zones. I also like playing squash, volleyball..

I think the key is variety so you don't get bored, and use different muscles. I like working out with friends, it helps. I also know i find it really hard to stick to the calory limites without exercise, so that really motivates me to find some sort of exercise to do. hope this is helpful, and again thanks for all the kind words!!
  • jnd951999
    jnd951999 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! I am 5'6" too and my goal weight is 130. The smallest I have ever been is 138. I hope I can get there and look as great as you!
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    U look absolutely amazing. Great JOB!
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Wow. You unleashed hip bones AND a cute, perky butt! (Is it okay if I talk about your butt?) You look fantastic. A testimony to eating well and working hard.
  • sylviacardoza
    Options
    wow great job! Very inspiring :) I just joined and am so glad I found mfp. I hope I will be just as successful:happy:
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing! You have a really cute butt btw. :P
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    thank you so much! MFP, is great, it just helps make you more aware of how many calories you consume. Once you know more about how much you are putting into your body and you see what you can do, it's hard to ignore it.

The community on here is great! don't give up!

In terms of tips, everybody is different and you have to find what works for you. However couple of things that i find helped:

- I was advised in the beginning to cut back carbs (pasta, bread, rice) at dinner (squash, etc is still fine!) . Apparently it helps kick start weight loss, and then you can incorporate a little bit back (either 1 cup of pasta at dinner, or have carbs only a couple of nights a week) . I find you also feel much better in the morning.

-substitute white bread, pasta for whole wheat whenever possible

- make sure to get protein with all meals

- don't skip breakfast

- don't limit your portions, have big portions of healthy thing (always have lots of salad and or veggies with dinner so you don't feel hungry after and snack a lot)

- damage control: if you go over one day on your calories, lets say by 500 calories, then try and have a deficit for the next 2 days of 250 calories. Apparently it takes 2 days for the food to turn into extra weight, and if you do this "damage control" technique it really helps not gain weight

- don't pass up things you can only get once a year or on special occasion, its okay to indulge in those things. Instead save your calories for special things rather than chips or junk food you could have anytime

- I like to train with a Heart rate monitor, helps me see how hard an effort i'm putting in and I train harder. its also more accurate for keeping track of calories.

and finally, don't be too hard on yourselves. there will be days that are better than others, day's when you feel you aren't making progress or want to give up, but just have confidence in yourselves. you can do it!!!

hope this is helpful.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing results - you look great! Your tips are helpful thanks for sharing!
  • chaobabie
    chaobabie Posts: 64
    Options
    YOU LOOK LIKE A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON! AWESOME JOB!
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Those are some amazingly inspiring results. WTG!
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    You look so great!!!! Congrats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!