Calling All MMO Nerds.

Options

Replies

• KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Dont get me started on MMO's that like 90% of the reason why I gained a S!#$ load of weight.
    Use to play it hardcore, Protection Paladin BE ( later Tauren ofc ) use to be top 10 gearscore wise on my server during Wotlk and stood 1st for the first 3 months of Cataclysm and around 2200-2300 bracket world wide.

Almost got temped to go play Rift seeing all my friends now play it but I pref to stick to hitting the Gym hardcore now and working on my ''real life RPG'' increasing those stats !

Thinking of playing WoW again but casual and not raiding or at least not 4 times a week again with a Guild thats in the worlds top 100 and spending wayyy to much time reading info, getting rdy for a raid, farming matts, raiding entire nights, trolling the chat, owning like 20% of the total AH, making/editing vid's etc etc etc.

Feel free to add me to your friends, always great to have more nerd friends ^^
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I'm playing LOTRO right now, I've played WoW, City of Heroes, Eve, Guild Wars all in the past. I liked City of Heroes/Villains best but you can only play so long (3 years on that one. I'm currently just finishing out level 65 on LOTRO for my first character, so it's still pretty new to me.
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I play WoW sporadically.. haven't played much in the last couple weeks though, too busy! But I've been playing on and off since open beta, so I'm pretty dedicated haha. My main is a Dwarf Hunter but my heart is with the Horde!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Guild Wars all the way. My computer got too slow and my job got very demanding so I haven't played in a year. I miss it. And as soon as I get a new rig; I'm gonna fire it up for a weekend and NOT SLEEP :-D
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I play WoW. I have a gnome mage named Shantotto ^_^
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    LotRO, how could I forget that one. Yaaaar. Quite fun for a spell. Geeks comin' out of the woodworks. *happy cheer*
  • Losingitin2011
    Options
    I played FFXI for a few years, quit when they made it super easy.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I don't play any on your list. City of Heroes is my addiction. Met my husband because of it. I don't play as much as I like now that I'm squeezing exercise into my evenings, but yeah... four and half years and still going... husband's almost at 7 years.

*fine print - Also play D&D, ShadowRun, Fallout 3 and Lego Star Wars.
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    *high-fives Ahzuri*

Yeah, the "time" thing; I hear ya. Good thing I don't have much to spare any more. o.O I've turned into a "casual" -- *gasp*

Me too lol I recently managed to get What a Long Strange Trip and my violet protodrake though so I'm happy! Looks awesome with my BE Rogue
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I don't play any on your list. City of Heroes is my addiction. Met my husband because of it. I don't play as much as I like now that I'm squeezing exercise into my evenings, but yeah... four and half years and still going... husband's almost at 7 years.

*fine print - Also play D&D, ShadowRun, Fallout 3 and Lego Star Wars.

D&D is so much fun we just can't ever find a stable group!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm a casual console MMO player. Yes, it's true.

You used the C word! *grin*

Yeah, I don't think I or any of my friends made in the days of EQ could ever play hardcore like that again.

Hahha actually I thought I would get made fun of more for "console" than "casual." :) Thanks for the add though!

And people saying they like City of Heroes might like DC Universe Online if you haven't checked it out yet. I really enjoy it when I get to play it.
  • Catzeyez
    Catzeyez Posts: 35
    Options
    My my my, look what I just found. :laugh: Lucy I'm hoooooooooooome, hooray for gamer geeks :tongue:

I'm right there with ya! CoH was my first ever MMO then it snowballed. GW, WoW,RF Online, Warhammer Online, DDO, Champions Online and just finished playing through the Rift Beta. Haven't bought/subbed it yet.

Before that it was WoW again :[ Got bored though, after 2 85s and one at 81 I was like meh.
    I will probably play Rift later until I find something new... like Star wars knights of the old republic IF it comes out this year damnit.

Feel free to add me all! love having other gamer friends :love:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I used to play WoW but after a few months I got bored
  • smersh
    smersh Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm Baisleac's aforementioned husband. Played CoH for... well, since about launch. I've dithered about in a couple of others, but none has pulled me out of the City.

Technically, what she said was misleading - I didn't meet her in City of Heroes; I met her through my D&D group that I met through City of Heroes. I think that's geekier than the former, though.

Haven't been playing as much as I did, though - toddler and fitness are really eating into that time. Still manage to get on every now and again. Or maybe I'll fire up DDO again, or actually download and play LOTRO.
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    Dunno. Regarding Post-Apocalyptic Nerdom. Personal preference I s'pose. I've always leaned toward the MMOs in the fantasy realm. AO -- even though I played it twice, once at launch (UGH) and once they revamped -- never held as much sway as the likes of EQ, WoW and now Rift have done.

In fairness, I'm happy to play anything, any genre. Fallen earth is just my current home. SWTOR is likely to be the next one as I love bioware games (even the single player ones).

Sigh... I'm such a geek.... and proud of it :-)
  • Losingitin2011
    Options
    While I was playing WoW, and on pain meds, I came up with something that to this day my husband finds hysterical

Wanna know the difference between a geek and a nerd?

Geeks get some.

>.>
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have thankfully recovered from my DaoC/WoW addiction, lol! Oh, I do still miss it. Not too compatible with my lifestyle right now (little kids and no free time) but maybe someday......-
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options

As damn well you should be! :drinker: /cheer
    Geeks get some.

>.>

ROFL. I'm telling that to the hubster when he gets home. He'll laugh then get slightly offended. (Math/Science Nerd)
  • Losingitin2011
    Options

As damn well you should be! :drinker: /cheer
    Geeks get some.

>.>

ROFL. I'm telling that to the hubster when he gets home. He'll laugh then get slightly offended. (Math/Science Nerd)

I dunno, if he's getting some, then he gets to be a geek instead ^_^
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    We should all pick an MMO and start a guild. That would kick *kitten*!