Hey all. I could use some words of advice!! :)

Options
13»

Replies

• douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options

And douganl.....I am SO going to save up for the hush puppies at that bbq place at Mohegan! OMG! YUM!!! We have got to start planning that meetup!

:glasses:
    -Tam

Absolutely Tam!! I will hold you to it! I can't wait.

~ Leontine
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    It's been a long time since I was pregnant. I actually lost weight with my first two and was gestational diabetic with my last one. Anyway, I found this kinda cool little calculator and thought I'd share. I dunno. I just thought it was kinda neat. I entered my weight in from before I was pregnant with my last and it calculated 20lbs. It was right. 352nmsp.gif

http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-estimator
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    It's been a long time since I was pregnant. I actually lost weight with my first two and was gestational diabetic with my last one. Anyway, I found this kinda cool little calculator and thought I'd share. I dunno. I just thought it was kinda neat. I entered my weight in from before I was pregnant with my last and it calculated 20lbs. It was right. 352nmsp.gif

Thanks! That is pretty cool! I love babycenter!! :bigsmile:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I know you're currently thinking pregnancy pounds, but those translate to after baby pounds as well... So I'll step up on my soapbox for just a sec...

Yep...It's been a LOOOONNNGG time , but my best advice for those after the baby pounds is,breast feed. The ONLY time in my life I was able to eat, lose weight and feel wonderfully healthy. My best adult weights were after my babies. There are lots of opinions out there, just that my experience was so positive I had to get up on my soap box. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (yak, yak, yak) {climbing down now....}
    Ez:
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Thanks! That is pretty cool! I love babycenter!! :bigsmile:

I LOVED babyfit.com ~ you should definitely check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    It's so funny, now that we know we want to start trying around the end of October, I am checking out all the fertility stuff online!

When I got pregnant last time, it was literally..."Hey, wanna start trying?"...........and we did and I seriously think it was one of the first few times we tried that I got pregnant! I mean, it was late Feb of 2006 when we "Stopped being careful"(as we called it)....and I found out on March 20th that I was pregnant! :laugh:

HOPEFULLY, I will be that fertile this time around!!! Maybe I should just relax about it all and see what happens!! :wink:
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    Tam, congratulations in advance!!!! I don't know much about exercising when pregnant (my "baby" is 22 years old now!) but i do know that i see LOTS of women at my gym in all stages of pregnancy doing all sorts of workouts! I know that after a certain point you shouldn't do lots of heavy weights or really strenuous cardio, but im thinking that in today's world you can certainly do much much more than you would have ever been allowed in our mother's world. And i think that every time you go to the gym you will be making your pregnancy easier on your body, your body healthier for your baby, your labor and delivery easier, and getting your pre-pregnancy body back easier.

Plus, i think you should start looking into getting a great big suite at the hospital for the grand occassion. You'll need room for all of us to be right there with you! :)
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Yeah Tam... we're here for YOU.