Question for the Ladies...

Options

Replies

• kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    sounds like all of the ladies so far agree that body builder's are not attractive... athletic and toned (and tan!) is what I prefer (mmm Matt Damon in the Bourne movies)

Also agree with the others who say they have to be bigger than me... the last thing a girl wants is to feel "big" next to her man..

I'd say just maintain where you are now, don't try to bulk up more... you are at the right middle balance now :-)
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hmm lets think... I'd have to say that my preferances have varied a lot. My XH was on the shorter side and had a leaner athletic build. I've dated all different types of guys. But currently I prefer guys who are taller (pushin 6" and above) with a larger athletic build. I'm a sucker for a strong upper body, broad shoulders, and great arms. :love:

That said, if a guy has a lousy personality, none of the other stuff matters. Gotta have a great head on those broad shoulders! :wink:
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    i like toned in the arms and a nice midsection but not too bulky!! I am not that big and do not wanna get crushed! ;)
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Options
    Ok, as a bloke I had to have a peek (I guarantee more did, but didn't say).. Damn wish I didn't - thought I'd find the answer to 'What Women Want' - now more confused and I thought it was all about personality :laugh:

Anyway, as I intruded :flowerforyou: for the ladies
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ok, as a bloke I had to have a peek (I guarantee more did, but didn't say).. Damn wish I didn't - thought I'd find the answer to 'What Women Want' - now more confused and I thought it was all about personality :laugh:

I'm confused as *kitten* now too!!! I always thought girls liked big strong guys... I know not the "juiced up unnatural muscle freaks"

guys know how to get bigger and stronger... what's hard is to maintain a certain build without letting the male ego get in the way when you're not lifting any more weight than you were the last week... progress is a huge motivator
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    damon.jpg

This is perfect...he has muscle definition, but by no means looks anything like a bodybuilder. Of course, the same thing without muscle definition is also attractive. My hubby basically looks like this, but without the definition.
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thin but athletic and toned. The body builder look is a TOTAL turn off!! (For me at least)
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options

Do woman prefer bulky guys that cant walk through a door without turning sideways or do you like thin guys?

Somewhere in between.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    yep its all about personality lol
    well that and a nice butt:smile:
  • lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like guys that have a toned body and nice stomach.
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Guys don't have to be super built for me to be attracted to them. I can handle a little pooch. I don't like seriously built guys, but I don't really like seriously overweight guys either. I like the "I play football with the guys every once in a while but I'm not a serious work out freak" kind of guy.
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Options

I'm confused as *kitten* now too!!! I always thought girls liked big strong guys... I know not the "juiced up unnatural muscle freaks"

guys know how to get bigger and stronger... what's hard is to maintain a certain build without letting the male ego get in the way when you're not lifting any more weight than you were the last week... progress is a huge motivator
    I hear ya fella... Always knew it wasn't about bulk, but toned and if you had padding (like moi) then a bloody great personality :)
    My theory, there's someone out there for everyone - doesn't really matter what the general consensus is; it all comes down to individuality and taste - simples!!! :) (and I'll keep telling myself that :laugh: )
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I like a nicely proportioned guy. I like nice defined muscles but not too bulky. Not a huge fan of string bean guys. :) You look great in your profile pic :blushing:
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Guys don't have to be super built for me to be attracted to them. I can handle a little pooch. I don't like seriously built guys, but I don't really like seriously overweight guys either. I like the "I play football with the guys every once in a while but I'm not a serious work out freak" kind of guy.

YES! To everything! :)
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I don't like skinny and i don't like the body-builder type. I like a healthy looking, toned man with noticeable muscles.
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    I know this is going to sound like a cope out, but it is really not. To just be attracted and nothing else, I like a fit man with some muscles but not crazy. However in saying that, I am rarely attracted to a man by looks alone and I would be more likely to be attracted to someone with intellect than body type. If I met an amazing man and he was built like a house, so be it, or if I met a man, he was wonderful but build like a rail...so be it. I don't really have a type, but if I was looking though a magazine, baby, I would just pick you....:wink: ....How do you like that for an answer.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I like a "swimmer's build" on a guy ;) (lean muscle NOT bulky or too muscle-y). But, if I had to chose between a guy who is a tad overweight or a tad underweight, I would go with a little overweight. Skinny on a man is not attractive... IMHO
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I agree with Kristarablue!

But if we're only basing this on appearances, I like a guy who's a little bigger and fit. I'm not a big fan of rail thin. I'd rather the guy be bigger than me, and have good muscle definition but not be HUGE.

BUT appearances aren't everything. I've dated all types. I did flip through you're pics though, and I'll just say that where you are now is about perfect for me! :)
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I like big guys, but I'm not into super defined muscles. I'm more impressed by someone with functional strength than I am by someone who shows well. I don't like skinny guys, I don't care how defined their muscles are. My husband is bigger than me all around and I prefer it that way.
  • bcpie
    bcpie Posts: 89
    Options
    i'm a sucker for thin, tall guys :)