Are/were you 250-260+ lbs and...

Options
Is there anyone out there who was 260ish pounds at one point, and have now lost a great amount of weight, or perhaps you have achieved your goal weight?! Can I see? I really need some motivation!

I am 5'9 and 248 (started at 262). I want to reach 180 by Jan. 2012. I'm not sure what my ultimate goal is. I have heard 120 is "healthy" for 5'9 but i just cant see that. anyways i guess all of that is irrelevent.

so..anyways. Can I see some success pictures from the once 250-260 area?!

Replies

• KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    well, i was 277 and i am down to 238.
    But that's not really a HUGE loss.
    my goal weight is also 180 though.
    and i'm 6'1''.
  • bjscmg
    bjscmg Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi, I'm just starting out and my Dr told me a healthy bmi for 5'7 is between 150 and 160 so I'm guessing that 120 might be a wee bit to low for 5'9. My sister is 5'9 and she weights 188....she looks so skinny due to her height. Tall is GOOD!
  • blackfitnessbarbie
    blackfitnessbarbie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hey. i started at 277lb and now i'm 211. does that help? i can show you pics
  • lovemyhellokitty
    lovemyhellokitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was pushing 270...big my whole life. I am 5'5 and currently about 180. All I can say is just keep going. If you have a bad day, don't dwell on it. Move on. It will click eventually :)
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
  • JulieSmiles1
    JulieSmiles1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and started at 270. I'm 192 now. Feel free to look at my pictures on my profile and add me as a friend if you need! :)
    You can do it!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I think 120 is on the very low end of healthy for your height. I'm 5'7" and at 120 I look skeletal. I look awesome and fit at 140. You're taller than me so I would think you really don't need to go that low to look awesome too. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

edited to add: a PP said 160 was healthy BMI for 5'7". True, but 160 is the maximum weight for the healthy range. Above 160 you fall into the overweight category.
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I started at 250 to lose the weight I gained during pregnancy (June 2008). When I started MFP in early Jan I was 188. I met my goal of 150 last month and I am now 144. Friend me if you'd like!! :)

Also, according to BMI you dip into the underweight category once you go lower than 125 for being 5'9!
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Picture0081.jpg
    032600_115101.jpg
    I was 262 at my highest weight. The other is current at 219.
  • JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    hey. i started at 277lb and now i'm 211. does that help? i can show you pics
    and or all photos are appreciated! 66 pounds is wonderful! CONGRATS
  • pddansie
    pddansie Posts: 5
    Options
    im 5,9 and i started at 151, im now only down to 246..not a huge loss at all. but once u get going and notice ur clothes fitting looser and seeing your weight drop it will completly motivate you!! i knw since ive seen my changes all i want is more!! and 120 is VERY low for ur height!! 160 is perfect!! GL!! u can do it!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • byroman
    byroman Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I found this success story to be quite inspirational:
    http://www.gettingfitaftertwins.com/p/my-story.html
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 7" and started off at 268lbs. I am now 241 and am only 2 months into it. I have NOT been the poster child for perfect eating or working out but if you just keep at it and don't allow one bad moment to taint a day or worse a weekend or week you will always move in the right direction!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    You'd look great even at 180. I can't imagine a 5'9" woman weighing 120 and looking healthy- According to my height a healthy weight for me would be 150, and I am 5'7".. Don't go by what the average healthy weight is- go off of how you look and feel, and what your doctor is telling you. If you get blood work done and you are in perfect health, your weight is irrelevant :)
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    My highest was between 279 and 283... I am in the 150's now and have about 10 more to go. I don't ever feel like I want to be less than that. I have pics in my profile of where I was at the 260 mark.
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    I started at at 240 back in November. Join MFP back in January I had reached 219. I am down to around 185.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I started at right around mid 260's. I'm only 5'2". I'm down to 180 now. I set my first goal at 160, but am sure I will change it when I get there. My profile pic was a couple weeks ago.
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    I started at 260 and have lost 50lbs so far. I haven't taken full body shots yet (waiting for ONEderland to post progress pics) but if you check out my profile you can see how my face has changed :bigsmile:

120 seems too low for your height. I am 5'7" and I think my healthy range is 120-160. I'm shooting for 140, though I would love to be 130, yet I might stop at 160 depending on how I feel when I get there. Check out this BMI chart: http://okainut.wordpress.com/2011/03/26/bmi-chart-my-pyramid-tracker/
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I started at 252, I think I have one picture of me uploaded at my heaviest. I am now at 154...trying to get to 140. Huge struggle!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!