Share with me what you put in your oatmeal!

Options

Replies

• 000angie000
    000angie000 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kateerickson22
    Options
    A little raw honey, blue berries ( or whatever I have on hand) some cinnamon and skim milk.......
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Almond butter! So yummy. And I always cook it with banana, a little splenda, cinnamon, and dried cranberries. Served with a little soy milk and yum. Oh, and I only eat steel cut oats now, once I tried them I was hooked. Regular oats are too mushy for me, I like the texture of steel cut better.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce - Tapatio brand, in particular.

Stop laughing. Don't knock it until you try it!

Not laughing, but having trouble imagining these two tastes together...interesting...
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,106 Member
    Options
    unsalted peanut butter and almond milk.
  • aab2011
    aab2011 Posts: 49
    Options
    I take low sugar/low fat packets of instant oatmeal and add two egg whites to it and stir. In a pan I use a little olive oil and cook it up like a pancake. I love using the brown sugar and apple packets, to me it tastes like pancakes and I don't even use syrup. Sometimes I will add honey but most the time I don't need it.
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I make my oatmeal with soy milk in stead of water. I usually add cinnamon and lately chopped mangoes. I am complete addicted to mangoes right now. I also will add some nuts if I have them.
  • imabigvegan
    imabigvegan Posts: 72
    Options
    I make steel cut oats and then add pumpkin, banana, pureed dates, and a little bit of almond milk. When I dish the oatmeal, I add a few raw almond slivers freshly roasted and some freshly ground flax. Oh my GAWD this is to die for and sooo healthy!!! Make a big batch and freeze it in small portions. Breakfast for a month!

Enjoy!
  • BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    oooh, bump for ideas later!!! =) I love oatmeal... I'm boring, though, and usually only add a sliced banana.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    a bit of salt, a bit of sugar and a little bit of milk on top.
    The ONLY way to eat porridge
  • biancamirella
    biancamirella Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You would all love Jenny Grothe's page on Facebook "recipes for gals in figure and bodybuilding". She posts tons of healthy alternatives to just about anything you could dream of and has the most amazing oatmeal recipes! She has a book too called, I think, 40 ways to love your oatmeal. Highly, highly recommend it! And it's not just for figure and bodybuilding people. It's just a community of people that enjoy eating healthy.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Here's another vote for peanut butter and banana. Cinnamon and honey are nice too, and like another poster I cook it in almond milk instead of water for more flavor. I hadnt thought of cocoa power for chocolate chips before. May have to try that.
  • L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Agave nectar & brown sugar
  • ewebber88
    ewebber88 Posts: 33
    Options
    Ultra Mega BUMP
  • MissChyna
    MissChyna Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I usually make it two ways:

If I want it smooth and sweet, I use a little bit of creme friache, agave nectar, cinnamon and nutmeg...I sometimes sprinkle in a little Truvia or raw sugar for extra sweetness.

or

If I want it chunky I use less water and add coconut flakes, sliced almonds, a little bit of vanilla bean, skim milk and light brown sugar

:)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    2/3 cup quick oats
    1 tspn weight watchers drinking chocolate
    add water

NUKE

add
    1tbspn natural peanut butter
    1 scoop whey protein

Great macros and tasty as!
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Sliced almonds and rasins with a 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup.
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Chopped fresh apple, cranberries, orange juice, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and a tiny bit of brown sugar.

Raisins are good instead of cranberries, and bananas instead of apples.

I love it!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    great ideas!
    I put ground flax, cinnamon, 20 honeynut cheerios and cranberries