Share with me what you put in your oatmeal!

Options

Replies

• pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Skim milk and toasted walnuts.
  • alianf
    alianf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I LOVE oatmeal and usually eat it with a little salt, 1 tsp of brown sugar and some low fat milk. Occasionally I add some sliced bananas or raspberries. But there are some awesome ideas here and I've got to try!! I eat oatmeal for breakfast every single day and I still love it.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    1t ground flax seed, 1/2 cup of blueberries and table spoon of sweetened coconut flakes.
  • k1r5ty23
    k1r5ty23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    bump for more ideas! :)
  • michelleisgettinfit
    Options
    i have always been boring, just raw sugar and a little almond milk on top. i love these ideas though, especially peanut butter... love me some PB. :)
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Wow, all kinds of ideas! I've just had cinnamon or brown sugar added so far. Would like to try banana, peanut butter, ginger, nutmeg, granola, and cocoa powder! Pumpkin sounds interesting too! Hmmmm.... still thinking about the hot sauce! :)
  • denton
    denton Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Carnation breakfast powder mix. Chocolate is okay, but strawberry and vanilla are good. You don't need a whole packet. And, you get some vitamins too. I like to add some almond slivers to the vanilla.
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every morning as part of my breakfast and I pretty much have it the same way: cinnamon, almond milk, spenda and ground flax. Once in awhile I might add raisins.
  • Winged_Victory
    Options
    My favorite things to put in oatmeal are:

- Raisins
    - Berries
    - Mango chunks
    - Soy milk or coconut milk

And ALWAYS cinnamon :-)
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal everyday at work for breakfast... just slivered almonds, golden raisins and cinnamon. Eat with coffee and yum. I used to add sugar but now I don't miss it and the golden raisins fill that need.

Love the other ideas here too!
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just started eating oatmeal. Actually did a post asking for help on stuff to put in it to make it tolearble. strawberries & banannas for me. I had some of McDonalds fruit & oatmeal Saturday & it was so good.
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    They have sugar free chocolate chips!
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I put dried cranberries, a little bit of maple syrup, and soy milk.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I regularly buy a 15lb bag of apples, honeycrisp, for $5 outside our local Costco store. 15lbs is an awful lot of apples and it seems like i will end up with anywhere from 5-10 apples that sit in my fruit bowl too long. You know how they get, a bit wrinkled, they shrink some. They are no longer able to just be picked up and eaten. When I notice that has happened, I quarter & peel them & throw them in a pot with cinnamon, nutmeg and some dark brown sugar or sugar free maple syrup. I let this cook down for quite awhile and then stick it in a container in the fridge. THIS is what I will put on my oatmeal with a lil bit of brummel and brown. It is amazing.

If I don't have any of that I will add in a dollop of Zoi Greek yogurt, honey flavor and a crushed graham cracker. It's yummy too :)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    bump-- I need new ideas too
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal - have it for breakfast almost every day!
    Blueberries and pecans
    Raisins, dried cranberries and chopped almonds
    Chopped apples, cinnamon and walnuts
    Peanut butter and honey...
    The possibilities are endless!!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I make mine with frozen fruit, walnuts, or almonds, cinamon, sweetener, then top it off with a dollup of fat free whipped cream. Sometimes I will add cottage cheese to it too, but most of the time I will eat it with either an omelete, or whey protein drink.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Bump:) Planning tomorrow's breakfast and gathering some options. Have w lot of this stuff on hand - the question is- which combo to go with? Coconut sounds interesting... With some vanilla almond milk, a tbsp cocoa powder and chopped almonds - would it mimic an almond joy?
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I tried banana yesterday morning and I ate it but didn't really like hot bananas. Maybe I should have waited until it cooled a little. ha I want to try peanut butter this morning. I'll have to put some of the PB2 in it.
    Also thinking of things to put in it to make it taste like an oatmeal cookie. Someone mentioned spices. I want to try that as well. Another thing would be to taste like apple crisp! Yum! Maybe apples, cinnamon, a tiny bit of brown sugar.