What is your carbs/protein/fat ratio?

Options

Replies

• ladyviola
    ladyviola Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    10/30/60 carbs/protein,fat

what Meganne said....I prefer my body to use fat for fuel instead of sugar...me and sugar don't get along.

Alas....I love sugar, but sugar does not love me...or my thighs...or my stomach. Anywho, I am currently set at 25 (carbs)/ 30(protein)/ 45(fat), although I am usually way under on my carbs.
  • silentpost
    silentpost Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just readjusted mine: 5/40/55 Carbs/Protein/Fat

I've been readjusting Carbs/Protein as weight has been dropping to keep carbs under 20-30g and protein at or around .9 x weight, with fat making up the remainder.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    10% / 25% / 65%
    Carbs / Protein / Fat

15/25/60. And since I switched over to this I have gone from 120.4 down to 116.8 (only 2 weeks people and that is all fat!!)
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options

I've been readjusting Carbs/Protein as weight has been dropping to keep carbs under 20-30g and protein at or around .9 x weight, with fat making up the remainder.
    How can you eat only 5% carbs? What about dairy, fruit, veg etc???
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    10/30/60 carbs/protein,fat

what Meganne said....I prefer my body to use fat for fuel instead of sugar...me and sugar don't get along.

Agree here. Wow...never though I would say that. I have Diabetes running rampant on both sides of my family. No more sugar spikes for me!!

Our cells are made of proteins and saturated fats!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options

why do you need dairy? it's not hard to do VLC on meat & veggies. Fruit should be a treat, not a staple.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,722 Member
    Options
    50/25/25 C/P/F
  • ladyviola
    Options

You'd be surprised how hard it is to eat even 50 grams of carbs a day if you are not eating grains (bread, pasta, etc). For example, there's only like 4 grams of carbs in 4 cups of spinach! Anything you can get from grains, you can get from fruits and vegetables. Plus alot of people here are insulin resistant and have problems with grains. In addition, not everyone can tolerate dairy.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options

You'd be surprised how hard it is to eat even 50 grams of carbs a day if you are not eating grains (bread, pasta, etc). For example, there's only like 4 grams of carbs in 4 cups of spinach! Anything you can get from grains, you can get from fruits and vegetables. Plus alot of people here are insulin resistant and have problems with grains. In addition, not everyone can tolerate dairy.
    I was on low carb diet like a year ago for about a month. Lost 10 lbs and felt so awfull... no energy, moody, smelly breath, and craved dry toast so much that I would give up half of what I own to have it. How do people make it a lifestyle?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Saturated fats are not the "bad" fats................The canola oil and other vegetable oils you use are the bad fats.

Decades of medical research would argue that point.
  • hpsnickers1
    Options

And some vitamins and minerals you can only get through fruits and veggies. You'd be surprised what grains do lack in nutrition. And they are like a sponge in your gut - soaking up water, scraping and scratching the walls of your gut as it moves through it.
  • ladyviola
    Options

I was on low carb diet like a year ago for about a month. Lost 10 lbs and felt so awfull... no energy, moody, smelly breath, and craved dry toast so much that I would give up half of what I own to have it. How do people make it a lifestyle?
    It's certainly not for everyone, but my husband and I don't have any of those symptoms you named. In fact, we've never felt better! He eliminated dairy from his diet last week and is feeling sooo much better without it.
  • ladyviola
    Options

And some vitamins and minerals you can only get through fruits and veggies. You'd be surprised what grains do lack in nutrition. And they are like a sponge in your gut - soaking up water, scraping and scratching the walls of your gut as it moves through it.

Yay for leaky gut syndrome! lol j/k
  • hpsnickers1
    Options

And some vitamins and minerals you can only get through fruits and veggies. You'd be surprised what grains do lack in nutrition not to mention the antinutrients. And they are like a sponge in your gut - soaking up water, scraping and scratching the walls of your gut as it moves through it.

Yay for leaky gut syndrome! lol j/k

And taking a lot of nutrients right out with it. IBS - I will be so happy when you are gone for good.
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    55/20/25 c/p/f

But, to be honest, it varies quite often. I don't worry if I'm over or under on any of them. The only thing I watch is saturated fat, which I try to do < 10% saturated fat, but, don't worry so much about the "good" plant fat from nuts, olives, olive oil, etc.

I lost a truckload of weight and have been maintaining for years so this has worked for me.

But, in truth, I suspect the macronutrients aren't so important as calories. People lose weight various arrangements (look at this thread) but it's probably the calorie count that drives weight loss.
  • silentpost
    Options

That 5% is net carbs--meaning, I'm subtracting carbs counted from fiber. I get plenty of veggies in the form of broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, spinach, etc (not lately if you look at my food diary -- whoops), but I don't do dairy usually; cheese being the exception.

Also, these are soft percentages... I really wish there were more control over percentages on here, as protein would be more like 17%, etc.
  • hpsnickers1
    Options

That 5% is net carbs--meaning, I'm subtracting carbs counted from fiber. I get plenty of veggies in the form of broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, spinach, etc (not lately if you look at my food diary -- whoops), but I don't do dairy usually; cheese being the exception.

Also, these are soft percentages... I really wish there were more control over percentages on here, as protein would be more like 17%, etc.

I wish that too. I would love to be able to track net carbs. And separate columns for added sugars and natural sugars.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Mine are set at 45 / 30 / 25 - carbs / protein / fats

Same! Over time I intend to increase protein and decrease carbs but I'm not ready to make that jump yet.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Saturated fats are not the "bad" fats................The canola oil and other vegetable oils you use are the bad fats.

With conclusions drawn from a data set missing relevant data and that data was knowingly and willfully omitted. Lot's of back peddling happening around fats, cholesterol, etc.. And we will never hear a reversal on much of it because it would destroy many economies. It's easier to hold your ground promoting a diet that makes people sick that supports food producers that supports the medical and pharmaceutical companies vs putting millions out of work, crashing markets, and destroying the economies of entire countries. /rant
  • silentpost
    Options

With conclusions drawn from a data set missing relevant data and that data was knowingly and willfully omitted. Lot's of back peddling happening around fats, cholesterol, etc..

Seconded! I have a friend getting her masters in nutrition science, and I have heard so many stories of data poisoning it isn't even funny (her thesis included). amazing what kind of faulty scientific findings people will publish when money comes into the equation.