Going to the movies! Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• marjie179
    marjie179 Posts: 4
    Options
    Fill up on a healthy choice at the dinner place; Stay away from the chips!!! Be careful all day today. Check in on your cals. before the movies to see where you stand. Either bring the healthy pop kind in your purse or, if you have enough calories left, get a SMALL popcorn. Go in a bit later to miss all the ads so you don't eat it all before the movie starts and feel compelled to get up and get more! Don't waste empty cals. on a drink. Drink iced water with a tad bit of lemon. Have fun!
  • gwenniegirl
    Options
    If you want a sweet thing than get a pack of jelly bellys. If you want something like choclate then get choclate rice cakes. You can get them at publix.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I sneak in a box of Cracker Jack - only 120 calories. I worked at a theater in high school - theater popcorn is fairly high fat even without adding butter flavored topping. Best to get the smallest size if you do go that route.
  • phatkris
    phatkris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I loooove Mexican food and i just got off the HCG diet. I went 40 days with no Mexican food but tortilla soup one day. Try the chicken tortilla soup or the fajitas because it's grilled. Do the chicken or the shrimp. Less Calories. Also, on the HCG popcorn is not allowed and I did go to the movies and split a Big Bucket with my friend. I still lost my pound the next day. But to be careful get the kids meal with the candy, drink and popcorn. that way you want over indulge. I bring my own water and I would give the drink and candy away. Also, drink plenty of water with lemon or lime it will help cut fat. But the most important thing is to enjoy yourself and not stress over the food. Think of your options ahead time. You will do great.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I usually make sure to eat before I go....and I bring in my own snacks. I enjoy munching on some chocolate during a movie so I just fit it in most times....although I buy my candy for a buck at the local grocery store...I never buy anything there unless I'm dying of thirst! I also have been known to bring in some 100 cal packs of almonds (a kind that are sweet if you can find them aka cocoa, butter toffee, etc). And if I'm craving popcorn, I pop my own :smile:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Maybe a chicken enchilada (ala carte) and then pop yourself a 100 calorie bag of popcorn and bring it with you :)