Wedding Bands....

Options
13»

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Ohhh! Thanks a bunch.... I already see tons of potential on these sites!
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    if there's any Irish in either of you...

Mo Anam Cara - gaelic for "My Soul Mate" :heart:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you should write. But this reminded me of a conversation I had with my soon to be mother in law, when she and her husband got married they had their rings engraved and when she showed her mother the rings she said "very nice, I hope it wears off" and I'm like sheesh! thats awful! and then I thought about it, and my mother in law showed me the inside of her band and after 30 years of marriage it is completely worn off! how sweet :laugh:

So here's to wearing off those engravings :drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    if there's any Irish in either of you...

Mo Anam Cara - gaelic for "My Soul Mate" :heart:

Not a drip that I am aware of.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I am actually not planning much of a wedding anymore....
    Due to the deployment and all....it's looking like a courthouse wedding.
    My family is a bit bummed, but..... I don't know..I am not that flashy of a person.
    Also, neither of us are HUGE cake people...so we probably won't even have a cake.

It isn't about how fancy just that you are going through with it! My husband and I were engaged for almost 2 years, we weren't planning on getting married for another year or two and decided to move to hawaii so we planned and had a very small wedding all in under 30 days. My grandmother even made my wedding dress, and a practice dress to test the pattern and measure before the real thing, thankfully she is an excellent seamstress!

The wedding is a faint memory compared to the 15 married years we have spent together and all that has happened in what seems like the blink of an eye. Why go into debt for a wedding, that isn't what it is supposed to be about! Enjoy your wedding, big or small, courthouse or backyard or whatever, it is your day, enjoy it! :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Okay so thanks to the sites that were posted I have a list of ones that both my fiancee and I like. By the way is it fiance or fiancee? I swear there is a difference but everyone looks at me odd when I use it.

So, cast your votes (especially you married people):

Better Part Of Forever
    Here Is My Heart, Guard It Well
    I Will Never Love Another
    You Shall Never Walk Alone
    Why Do You Have Your Ring Off?
    Yours In All Ways
    Worth The Wait
    A Lifetime Is Not Enough
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Okay so thanks to the sites that were posted I have a list of ones that both my fiancee and I like. By the way is it fiance or fiancee? I swear there is a difference but everyone looks at me odd when I use it.

its fiance if you're refering to a man, and fiancee if you're refering to a woman. so he's your fiance. :smooched:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    A new Coast Guard wife wanted to have their bands engraved in Latin. She knew of the Marine Corps motto, "Semper Fidelis" and knew it meant "Always Faithful". She liked it but wanted to use the Coast Guard motto, "Semper Paratus" since her husband was a coastie. The only trouble was that she didn't know what the motto meant. She decided against it and was later glad she did.

It means, "Always Ready".
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

its fiance if you're refering to a man, and fiancee if you're refering to a woman. so he's your fiance. :smooched:

See! That's how I say it, write it and everyone looks at me like I am nuts and can't pronounce it! :noway:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    A new Coast Guard wife wanted to have their bands engraved in Latin. She knew of the Marine Corps motto, "Semper Fidelis" and knew it meant "Always Faithful". She liked it but wanted to use the Coast Guard motto, "Semper Paratus" since her husband was a coastie. The only trouble was that she didn't know what the motto meant. She decided against it and was later glad she did.

It means, "Always Ready".

HA! That's good stuff right there.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My beloved
    (you guys have pet names??)
    Pieces of mine
    My love
    Simple is how I would keep it..

My hubby's says "To my tenderheart" and I call him my superman so I wanted to put the superman symbol but they couldn't find it so...
    Mine says : My leo (cause I just had to have that diamond from Kays.. haha - no inscription)
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    On his: WTF?
    On yours: STFU!

So classy, I tell you.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I like the one that says You shall never walk alone.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I like the one that says You shall never walk alone.

I liked that one too....
    Cause it has personal meaning as well.
    However, most I picked do.
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Didnt read all the suggestions, but how about "worth the fight' since you said you had to fight to get married?
    I wish we would have put something in ours.....Ü
    Blessings!
    Kathey
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I like that one too.....
    These are the ones I emailed him and we are trying to decide between now....

Better Part Of Forever
    Here Is My Heart, Guard It Well
    I Will Never Love Another
    You Shall Never Walk Alone
    Why Do You Have Your Ring Off?
    Yours In All Ways
    Worth The Wait
    Yours In All Ways
    A Lifetime Is Not Enough

I just can't decide which is best....they all mean something to us. :ohwell:
  • Glammy
    Glammy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    SHMILY (See How Much I Love You).

SLY (Sure Love Ya')

YEA (Yours Eternally & Always)

Little secret messages....
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    after 25 years of marriage I would write
    "I love him" in yours
    "I love her" in his

then, when you have a fight, another person seems attractive, you have a fight-oh yeah...I already said that....you can look at your ring and say Oh YEAH baby, I love him/her!!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    "I love him" in yours
    "I love her" in his

then, when you have a fight, another person seems attractive, you have a fight-oh yeah...I already said that....you can look at your ring and say Oh YEAH baby, I love him/her!!

I like that....

• ChubbyBunny
    Options
    "I love him" in yours
    "I love her" in his

I like that....

I am liking this one too....It's just so tough to decide and I need to so I can have the rings ready whenever the goverment will give him a second to get married.