Zumba friends

Options
124»

Replies

• tropikanagirl
    tropikanagirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just posted something like this 2 days ago. Friend me and we can get our "zumba" on. LOL. Its a fun game. Can be confusing, but fun!
  • jenn9253
    jenn9253 Posts: 19
    Options
    I have went to Zumba class twice now (once a week). I love it! However, Thursday night I rubbed a huge blister on the bottom of my foot :frown: so I'd like to ask "are there any shoes that are best to wear for this class?" I wore my regular Rebok tennis shoes that I wear when I run/walk and I've never had problems with them before. Thanks!

Might be your socks more than your shoes - and it depends on the type of flooring you work out on. I assume hardwood floors - while Zumba is a "dance" type aerobic class - it is a lot of side to side movement and pivoting which is like cross training movements. Too much traction on your shoes can be an issue too as tennis shoes are meant to grip the floor - not turn and twist. I have heard that jazz dance tennis shoes work well or shoes that have a split sole.

good luck!

Thank you so much for the info! Very good points. The floor is actually an indoor basketball court @ the YMCA, so yeah. :smile:
  • mescla
    mescla Posts: 56
    Options
    Love it, i follow youtube videos...
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    well i did my first zumba session on the wii yesterday.. and my jiggly bits hurt lol... i reckon i must have done something right!! will do another 20 min session this afternoon because it looks like its gonna rain and i HATE walking in the rain
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    Looks like I'll be doing a Zumba session via either Xbox or my DVD's today to meet a calorie burn challenge i signed on for. :D I have the Zumba toning sticks too - they are too much fun!
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    :love: new here but had 2 chime in! LOVE IT! did it today, doing it 3-4xs wk, and find myself doing the moves while walking around the house or preparing dinner! ha! even more calories burned!:love:

Welcome to MFP, we are zumba lovers here! Just started doing the zumba and enjoying it.
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    well i did my first zumba session on the wii yesterday.. and my jiggly bits hurt lol... i reckon i must have done something right!! will do another 20 min session this afternoon because it looks like its gonna rain and i HATE walking in the rain

I've done 2 sessions and my calves, hips are sore..tomorrow's a rest day for me! Time flies when you are doing zumba!!!
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    i know.. the first time i was learning the steps then did a class thingie.. and my hubbie yelled 'do you know you have been on that thing for an hour!!'
  • Lpfeifer419
    Lpfeifer419 Posts: 82
    Options
    I love Zumba! A local group of instructors puts on classes that are only 3-4 bucks. No gym membership, no paying ahead, just pay each time I go.

I'm sure I look like a fool when I Zumba, but I really don't care. We're there to have fun and lose weight, not look pretty! I'm still trying to come up with the perfect Zumba schedule, but right now I'm thinking Tuesdays and Saturdays!

I'll add ya as a friend!
  • karie69
    karie69 Posts: 4
    Options
    I started zumba in Feb, and now I have shin spints. I went online and did some research for the best shoes for Zumba and the Nike Musique 6 kept coming up. It's a dance shoe and has some arch support and the bottom does'nt have treads so it does'nt snag or grip the floor. I have worn them once so far, my feet felt a little tired after class, but the shoes were very comfotable .
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    any washingtonians close to Monroe - zumbathon this weekend to benefit Peyton Rudkin and Peyton's Ranch (Peyton has cancer - Peyton's Ranch is a place for animals with no homes). Hit me up if you want the info. :D Donation of $15 - plus some raffles you can get tickets for.
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    Dead topic - time to revive! :D Zumba is going to the Puyallup Fair in Washington State... Any local peeps or semi-local - we are having a 9:00 a.m. 09/16 and a "show" 4:00 pm 09/23.

I will be there one of those days and if i'm feeling brave, may even lead a song. yikes! :D