Secrets Should Be Told....

Options
13»

Replies

• marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    ZebraHead....fess up....what did you delete? I bet it was good....double dog dare ya, to put it back up!!:laugh:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    In sophomore year I listened to Brokencyde. There, I said it. :embarassed:

Yeah... kinda like Eminem on drugs.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I read Postsecret every Sunday. Love it. Apparently I'm some kind of voyeur.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    what a lovely post...thank you for sharing.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    So, all my wonderful friends know my birthday just passed, and my oldest, best girlfriend gave me a Post Secret book. If you don't know what that is, it was started by a man who lost his wife to suicide. In her parting note, she admitted to secrets she thought would make her unlovable, and felt suicide was the only way out.

Since then, he has launched his personal site, http://www.postsecret.com/, and published 3 books. Some are sad, some are funny, some are thoughtful. It is pretty common that when you receive a book like that, there may be a secret someone has left in there along the way to your hands. I flipped through and sure enough, on a gas station receipt there was a note: To the person who receives this book, I pray everyday he figures out it is me who loves him most.'

So, I propose that we do this. Open your mind and release the burden of secrets. Message me or one of your friends, or even a complete stranger and tell a secret that you want to get off your chest. Anything to make you feel more free to go on :flowerforyou:

Speechless...that really hit my heart. I am going to friend you because I love the way you look at the world...
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I wish I could go back and re-do all of the times that leave me thinking "What if?".
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I wish I could go back and re-do all of the times that leave me thinking "What if?".

No sense in living in regret...really. Im almost 35 (this month) I spent a nice portion of my life regretting instead of living. Today truely is a new day and a blessing. You are here on your journey to a healthy life, something had to go right :) Just keep going, there is a reason you are here right now.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    no way I am giving up my secrets!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Here is a very small secret (anything more and I have to lay on your couch and pay you like $200 an hour to listen):

Junior year in High School I 'stole' my very best friend's girl friend. My friend and I had been best buds for about 5 years. We had so many stories and adventures that we shared it was like we were brothers.

Well then it happened!! Somehow I left a party with his girl friend (yes I may have been drinking). Later when I drove her home that night he was waiting in her driveway.

He asked her: "WTF". To me he just stared at me dead in the eyes. We both knew what had just happened. I threw away my best friend.

Well I married that girl (saved my best friend's life). She was kind of messed up with an odd family life. After about 4 years of marriage she spoke these words: "If you don't give me what I want, I'll make your life a living hell". That was one of her good days.

I wanted out then (but you can't do that) but I stayed for another 6 years.

In the eleventh year - one night with a pillow in my hand I decided I didn't like the way she was breathing... But I didn't harm her, the next day I moved out.

My best friend and I never spoke again after that night in high school. I went to our 25 year reunion - we spoke, he had married a girl from our group back in the day. It was good to see him but there was nothing there just a guy I used to know.

I got a christmas card from him after that (don't know how he found me). He had divorced his wife.

The end...
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    During a time of great pain in my life I posted on post secret. My heart was being ripped apart through the process of divorce. I had nobody to share with, it was a why me moment. Do I posted "despite all the pain she caused I still love her". It's true to this day but I cannot be married to her, because I respect myself too much.
  • Inkedsquid
    Inkedsquid Posts: 42
    Options
    Here's my secret.....I dated a guy for 3 years and never told him I loved him because the velocity of the word has always frightened me. He died 2 1/2 years ago and I still cry almost every day because I never told him how much he meant to me. No one knows how much this eats away at me and how much it haunts me (and always will.) I hope he knew.
  • xXxKayleighxXx
    Options
    Here's my secret.....I dated a guy for 3 years and never told him I loved him because the velocity of the word has always frightened me. He died 2 1/2 years ago and I still cry almost every day because I never told him how much he meant to me. No one knows how much this eats away at me and how much it haunts me (and always will.) I hope he knew.

I am absolutely positive that he knew. It is the things we do that let people know we love them. Words can be spoken easily...actions make the difference xx