Eat only fruit, vegetables, and lean protein

13»

Replies

• NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    The choices you were making before are all very healthy (fat free greek yogurt, lowfat cheese, whole wheat pasta, oatmeal, egg whites, Luna bars). Some tend to have higher calories so you need to eat them in moderation to stay at a calorie deficit to loss weight. However, eating something like oatmeal or egg whites does not cause some weird chemical reaction that confuses the body into gaining weight, even if you are staying in the same calorie count that you would if you didn't eat these items. Of course, vegetables forming the largest part of you diet is always a good thing - being the only part of your diet is too restrictive. I have certainly never heard of a diet where egg whites or nuts were considered "bad" for weight loss (as opposed to an allergy or health issue). If you want to eat this way because it is sustainable for you (and you can still get enough protein and fat somehow) this is fine. If it isn't don't worry that it may be "the One True Way" there are other options. However, if it works good for you.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Yes not enough fat and you will remain hungry feeling. Fat helps you feel full longer.

29509743.png
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    I eat whatever I feel like eating. I just don't go over on my calorie goal and sodium and I exercise about a half hour to an hour after dinner. Last night I had McDonald's for dinner and woke up with 1.8 lbs lost this morning. Works for me. I know, clean eating is better but that is something I don't feel like I can stick too. It's too restrictive for me.
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    When I eat that way I lose weight quicker. I would take the challenge for the week. Then add back in greek yogurt and oatmeal - i find those two help improve my digestion.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    I eat whatever I feel like eating. I just don't go over on my calorie goal and sodium and I exercise about a half hour to an hour after dinner. Last night I had McDonald's for dinner and woke up with 1.8 lbs lost this morning. Works for me. I know, clean eating is better but that is something I don't feel like I can stick too. It's too restrictive for me.
    This is me.
    I need to life program - not a "boot camp" that sheds fast weight.
    My results need to be healthy, steady and lasting. Too many folks lose-gain-lose-gain-lose-gain...give up...
    Don't be that person...

• karmabear06
    karmabear06 Posts: 62 Member
    Grokette wrote: »
    For those of you who already eat like this, what do you have your daily carb/protein/fat percentages set to?

Carb / Protein / Fat
    10% 30% 60%
    *text deleted*

This sounds fine, but would not meet the requirement as described in the OP. Eating only vegetables, fruit and lean meats would not include added fat. It would be hard to get 60% fat without added fat or dairy and including only lean meat.

OP, did the instructor give any instructions regarding fat? Are nuts and seeds considered "vegetables" for this diet? Or is this meant to be 5 days on a low fat diet?

I would think that nuts and seeds would be considered a lean protein source. My nutritionist at the boot camp I was at suggested to add nuts and seeds to increase my fat intake. He even advised me to change my macros to 60-80% Fat, 15-20% Protein, and 0-5% Carbs.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member

It's a five day challenge. Sticking to it long term isn't an issue.
  • missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Thinking of doing this for a week soon here. I imagine that my weight loss will start to slow in a month or so and that's when I'm considering implementing a week here and there of only fruits, veggies, and lean protein. I find that I lose weight much faster when I cut out dairy...I love cheese and carbs but it doesn't agree with my body type. I still eat them in moderation currently. I make switches where I can, like almond milk, and whole wheat for any bread. yum. Thanks for the thread. Glad I was able to find some insight. I think it's a good way to give your body a break.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    How are nuts and seeds "lean protein" but not low fat dairy?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    emily_stew wrote: »
    This thread is from 2011. That is all

And clearly people don't read replies before answering either, or they would have seen the picture I posted, lol.