Is a nap ok after working out?

Options
2»

Replies

• 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    There were a few times this fall that I'd be up at 5:30 to get my long run in before the wife and chirrens were up. I'd get home, shower and they'd still be in bed, sleeping. So I'd lay back down until the kids came and jumped into the bed.

Nothing wrong with that.

And there's nothing wrong with taking a nap EVER. Unless you're at work and you're going to get fired for it. Or driving. Probably not safe at that point...
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Anyone who says naps are wrong can die
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I all all for naps. In fact, I am taking at least two a week after a particular difficult day at school. I swear, my fifth graders are the ones that are going to kill me one day :P
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the prospect of a nap is my motivation for working out. I love to use intense workouts as an excuse to be lazy for the rest of the day if I feel like it.
  • Greytfish
    Options
    Depends on why you're napping, and if it causes other issues.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    If napping is wrong, I don't wanna be right. ;o)

in for the nap!!!
  • Sunshine4ume
    Options
    I'm a nap lover. Plus haven't you heard about beauty rest :love:

The energy doesn't necessarily mean you will have it right after the work out.. the energy is banked for throughout the day's. However if you find it to be habitual and your workout is not running into bedtime, then you must look at the type of food you are in-taking (you might not be getting the vitamins your body needs) and the hours of rest you are receiving at night. In that case, it is true, your body is trying to tell you something and you should figure it out.

Drinking water throughout your day could be a big help !
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    i-work-out-kidding-naps.png
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I love naps, especially on long run days!
  • rhonda6373
    Options
    It burns 1521 calories per hour of each nap! Go for it!
  • Tufeek61
    Options
    Take that nap!
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Naps are awesome, go for it.