Social pictures whyyyy?????

Options

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    This is not facebook. Pictures of your body are more appropiate than your buddies at a club/bar.

Well, as proven by a group of my friends, people who put their amazing body pictures still offend some rightious people here on this Fitness site... Confusing and perplexing but oh so true!....

Only if it is a lady and someone somewhere thinks it is too "sexy". rolleyes.gif
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Oh ****!!! Thanks Columbianwarrior! I was completely confused between the two sites!

Wait what? This isnt Facebook.....d*mn i was duped AGAIN?

I felt like the little child who finds out Santa isn't real....oh *kitten*...you all knew that right...i mean this is not a site for children so.....okay i just hope everyone knew about Santa!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Oh ****!!! Thanks Columbianwarrior! I was completely confused between the two sites!

I felt like the little child who finds out Santa isn't real....oh *kitten*...you all knew that right...i mean this is not a site for children so.....okay i just hope everyone knew about Santa!

Now, can you help me with my farmville crops? And click here to find out who has been viewing your profile.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    The name fitness is even on the website. Having actual body pictures benefits a lot since we can see where you stand on your progress and how hard you've worked. Having a whole bunch of pictures of a person covered doesn't let us see anything and doesn't help at all. Those belong somewhere else.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    poke stick20with20poke.gif ..............

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

KS, FTW!

I like the tapir gif
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options

Now, can you help me with my farmville crops? And click here to find out who has been viewing your profile.

Haha this will help you out with farmville!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odBDAcOEKuI
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    When I want feedback on my progress, I post photos in a thread or my blog.

My profile pictures/avatars are more of a glimpse at my personality. Right now, that includes my body. Sometimes it's me being social. Sometimes my face. Sometimes a pet. Sometimes a tattoo. Sometimes just a picture that will make me smile when I see it every time I come to this site.

Personally, I'd rather see a photo of someone enjoying their life than some grainy shot taken with a phone in a bathroom mirror.
  • PeterBuilt09
    PeterBuilt09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    why do u care so much what other people do to even post this?? lol
    i'll never understand why people are sooo concerned about other peoples stuff for... Do u really think people care about if u dye ur hair blonde or not LOLOL i highly doubt it considering "the site even has fitness in its name"
    People in Glass Houses Bruh..
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    When I want feedback on my progress, I post photos in a thread or my blog.

My profile pictures/avatars are more of a glimpse at my personality. Right now, that includes my body. Sometimes it's me being social. Sometimes my face. Sometimes a pet. Sometimes a tattoo. Sometimes just a picture that will make me smile when I see it every time I come to this site.

Personally, I'd rather see a photo of someone enjoying their life than some grainy shot taken with a phone in a bathroom mirror.

agreed
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    There's no way u are serious posting that.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My picture is of me getting married. I guess that is considered social. I have it up there because I can really see the difference between when I started and now in that picture. It is motivation for me.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    The name fitness is even on the website. Having actual body pictures benefits a lot since we can see where you stand on your progress and how hard you've worked. Having a whole bunch of pictures of a person covered doesn't let us see anything and doesn't help at all. Those belong somewhere else.

This site also has sections specifically dedicated to "chit-chat, fun & games", "recipes", and "motivation & support" - all of which require social sharing.

Some people are losing weight for a wedding, a high school reunion, a competition at work or with a friend or family member.... These are things we talk about with our "friends" here and are part of our weight loss journey. We are not all here to get "ripped" or even thin for that matter! Some of us just want to lose SOME weight to get healthier or learn healthier ways of cooking and living. Some of us have decided we just want a change, to feel better about ourselves and aren't looking to post photos of our bodies EVER - because that's not how we gauge our progress.

If seeing photos of bodies motivates you then fantastic! Seek out others like yourself and friend those people - make THEM your support system here.

Us others will continue to share our lives with our online "friends" here and that may just very well include posting social photos - it works for lots of us, even if it doesn't work for YOU!

:smile:
  • 1FitMom326
    1FitMom326 Posts: 228
    Options
    why do u care so much what other people do to even post this?? lol
    i'll never understand why people are sooo concerned about other peoples stuff for... Do u really think people care about if u dye ur hair blonde or not LOLOL i highly doubt it considering "the site even has fitness in its name"
    People in Glass Houses Bruh..

:happy: If everyone had a body like PeterBuilt09 I would agree that everyone should show their pics!!!
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    You have too much time to think....stuff like this shouldn't even bother anyone :P
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Should this FITNESS site have this chit-chat, fun and games section?!?
    How dare it! Whyyyy?????
    Nothing makes sense to me anymore.
    ;)

Edited to add: Sorry about my broccoli with shoes waving to you profile pic.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    seriously......

I almost thought this post was a joke until I saw that you were for real. It's really not that serious, so long as everyone is working toward a goal of being healthy:)) We still need to have a life outside of fitness. This is a place to also chat and make friends and get to know one another. Life can already be uptight enough. Lighten up would ya:flowerforyou:
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options

Ummm, did Mike die and leave you in charge? Didn't think so...