Social pictures whyyyy?????

Options

Replies

• Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Uh-oh. Guess I'm in trouble...:ohwell:

Oh, wait, I'M in charge of my profile picture.....YESSSS:smokin:

CONCUR! I mean, the things people get worked up about in here is ridiculous..... upset because of someones pics.... if you dont like it, move on!
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    You have too much time to think....stuff like this shouldn't even bother anyone :P

ditto :smile:
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    The name fitness is even on the website. Having actual body pictures benefits a lot since we can see where you stand on your progress and how hard you've worked. Having a whole bunch of pictures of a person covered doesn't let us see anything and doesn't help at all. Those belong somewhere else.

This site also has sections specifically dedicated to "chit-chat, fun & games", "recipes", and "motivation & support" - all of which require social sharing.

Some people are losing weight for a wedding, a high school reunion, a competition at work or with a friend or family member.... These are things we talk about with our "friends" here and are part of our weight loss journey. We are not all here to get "ripped" or even thin for that matter! Some of us just want to lose SOME weight to get healthier or learn healthier ways of cooking and living. Some of us have decided we just want a change, to feel better about ourselves and aren't looking to post photos of our bodies EVER - because that's not how we gauge our progress.

If seeing photos of bodies motivates you then fantastic! Seek out others like yourself and friend those people - make THEM your support system here.

Us others will continue to share our lives with our online "friends" here and that may just very well include posting social photos - it works for lots of us, even if it doesn't work for YOU!

:smile:

like:))
  • jase111
    jase111 Posts: 83
    Options
    The name fitness is even on the website. Having actual body pictures benefits a lot since we can see where you stand on your progress and how hard you've worked.

By that same logic, the term "pal" is also on the website. I really don't see the problem with social pics or pics with friends. Not quite sure why it bothers you so much.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Uh-oh. Guess I'm in trouble...:ohwell:

Oh, wait, I'M in charge of my profile picture.....YESSSS:smokin:

CONCUR! I mean, the things people get worked up about in here is ridiculous..... upset because of someones pics.... if you dont like it, move on!

Honestly...I will never get the "someone is using MFP differently then I think they should" fussing that crops up here on a regular basis.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Well....maybe you could try out Facebook...hahhhahhah! Just kidding!
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    He just wants to see all of us without our clothes on.
  • Carl01
    Options

He could have just PMed me and asked. :blushing:
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Options
    But I love my monkey photos. Why do you want to take them away from me? Do you want me to be sad?

Monkey photos are ok. But not photos of you and the monkeys at the bar or club.

And heaven forbid your monkey photos depict any kind of examples of living a fun monkey life....this site is totally not about that. Monkeys may only be weight lifting, or showing off monkey muscles....:wink:

And don`t ever suggest anything about hot monkey sex.:smokin:

Oh wait....I just did. handface.gif

I agree, monkey pics are fine, just dont show them in a monkey bar, drinking, smoking, playing pool, or heaven forbid the wet monkey t-shirt contest.... THOSE ARE SINFUL!!!!!
  • theseagull
    theseagull Posts: 181 Member
    Options

exactly ,,,, haha

we have the right to put our profile as we like !
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options

PM coming your way..if I would have only knows it was THAT easy
    Now what was the original poster complaining about?
    :glasses:
  • Carl01
    Options

PM coming your way..if I would have only knows it was THAT easy
    Now what was the original poster complaining about?
    :glasses:

Got the PM...hope you have a wide screen. th_flirt.gif
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    :devil:
  • Carl01
    Options
    :devil:

whistling.gif
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    seriously......

I almost thought this post was a joke until I saw that you were for real. It's really not that serious, so long as everyone is working toward a goal of being healthy:)) We still need to have a life outside of fitness. This is a place to also chat and make friends and get to know one another. Life can already be uptight enough. Lighten up would ya:flowerforyou:

Ummmm yeah ggg_3226.gif what she said!
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    This is not facebook. Pictures of your body are more appropiate than your buddies at a club/bar.

Ugh. How about in our natural habitat? Is that acceptable for the picture police?
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Ever stop to think that some of us are still a little too shy to be posting full body shots? Or in a bikini, hot pants, yoga pants or whatever pants? How about a monkey suit? Would that work for ya?
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Options
    Yes..... I vote for the monkey suit!! Oh wait, thats not the same as the birthday suit is it?? Never mind.... :embarassed: :embarassed:
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    if i was to put up pictures of my 'sexy' body, it would turn each of your annorexic
    trust me - some of us just aren't ready to post semi naked pictures of ourselves
    plus - ppl see me dressed, in clothes, i dont walk around naked, so i measure my loss on how i look clothed :o)
  • 3aBadkids
    3aBadkids Posts: 78
    Options
    Oh ****!!! Thanks Columbianwarrior! I was completely confused between the two sites!

Wait what? This isnt Facebook.....d*mn i was duped AGAIN?

I felt like the little child who finds out Santa isn't real....oh *kitten*...you all knew that right...i mean this is not a site for children so.....okay i just hope everyone knew about Santa!

Now, can you help me with my farmville crops? And click here to find out who has been viewing your profile.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: