I'm giving up already

Options
and it's not even been a week. I just got told to "stop kidding myself that I'm ever going to stick to this diet", and y'know what? They were right. Who am I kidding? I'm a greedy pig and five days is nothing in the great scheme of things. So what if I've lasted five days? I feel stupid for ever thinking I could do this. I might as well go stuff my face with food now. I don't know why I'm posting this really. Sorry.

Replies

• marandaj77
    marandaj77 Posts: 13
    Options
    Don't think of this as a "diet" these are lifestyle changes.Conscience decision you are making to improve your health and hey an excuse to shop for NEW clothes and shoes
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    You're posting because in your heart you don't want to give up. Don't listen to "them".....listen to people on this website who have been EXACTLY where you are, who have NOT given up. You can do this.....ONE DAY AT A TIME! Go take a look at some success stories and I guarantee you you'll be motived to stick with it.
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up! There is such an amazing support group here to help you in the down times. if yo uhad a bad day there is always tomorrow and remember you didnt gain all the weight in 5 days so it is going to just take that.. time.. Ive been doing it 7 days and yes it is hard and I am struggling a little more now that the honeymoon is over.. but if you need a friend you can add me :) I just hope you dont quit :)
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Everything we do is a choice. Make your own choices, don't let others tell you what to think, feel, or do.
  • zetsubou
    zetsubou Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Noooo!!! Don't stop!!! You can do this! It might be really really hard, but we are here to help you! If you need an advice or just to talk to someone go ahead. It can be really hard sometimes, but If you're not happy with your looks now, eventually it's gonna get harder time after time. Reconsider trying again, there's so many tips and advice you can get here and get healthy!~ Hope you're gonna be ok, stay strong! =)
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Who told you that? :(
  • carl_garcia
    carl_garcia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hang in there.. we have all been there and know exactly what frustrations you are feeling. Just take it one day at a time and start with small short term goals you can achieve. You are definitely not alone on this journey.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You're posting this because you don't really want to quit. You CAN do this. But you do have to not think of it as a diet, but a healthy way of eating. And if you have a bad day, or a bad meal, recommit and do better next time. I suggest to people that they focus on a 90/10 principle. Do it right 90% of the time and don't worry about the time. Also, there is NOTHING you can't have, as long as you are willing to "earn" it by going to the gym or for a walk.
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Ok, first: STOP thinking of MFP as a diet! Second: REFUSE to deprive yourself if you're within your caloric goal! That is all.

Crystal xo
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    you need to stop looking at the bigger picture.... eat a healthy meal and say okay I did this now I know I can do it for my next meal and keep going.
    one step at a time................ it's a lifestyle change, not a "diet" and eventually it will get easier for crappy foods will make you feel ill.
    Don't do this for anyone else.... do this for you.
    Your body deserves to be treated right... be good to it and it will be good to you
  • Shawnna1965
    Shawnna1965 Posts: 16
    Options
    I think giving up on a diet is a good idea, trying to diet is very discouraging. Instead try to a lifestyle change that is slow and gradual and fits you better. Yes you will lose weight slower but while doing so you learn how and what to eat. But you can still enjoy food instead of depriving yourself and being miserable. I don't know you but i'm sure you're not a greedy pig and lasting 5 days at anything is a testament to your desire to move toward your goals. I'd love if you'd add me as a friend maybe we can encourage each other.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Everything we do is a choice. Make your own choices, don't let others tell you what to think, feel, or do.

Agreed - and I'd bet most of us have felt the way you do at one point or another (or many times - I know I have!)

Take things one day at a time... if you stuffed your face today, get back on track tomorrow. If you stuff your face again in 5 more days, then you've got 8 out of 10 good days in your pocket (and so on, and so on)
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    They are only right if you let them be right. You HAVE to believe in yourself. Quit the negative talk and don't let ANYONE dictate your life for you. You can do it if you set your mind to it...Good Luck!
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Who told you that? :(

Want me to kick their a** for ya?
  • TNelly
    TNelly Posts: 16
    Options
    Oh darlin that is horrible. Dont let that attitude rule you. Whomever said those things to you is awful and I hope you put your chin up and show them what you can do... Better than that, show yourself what you can do !!! GL
  • SouthernAngel
    Options
    I understand moments of weakness. I can relate to feeling defeated and overwhelmed. Letting desire take over is SO much easier than pushing forward.

What it all coems down to is how bad do you want it? In order to succeed in the epic obesity struggle, YOU have to make the choice to change. YOU have to enforce the change. YOU have to stick with it, through thick and thin. No one can fight this battle for you. Nor can they make the decision of when you start and when you quit.

Do what you feel is best for you, and remember that you will only experience success when you are truly motivated to make the change. Best of luck to you, and know that no matter when you decide to make that commitment MFP will be here to support you in it.
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Look up "The Mouth Trap: the butt stops here" and down load the audio book and listen to it on your Ipod and walk.
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Nooo Don't stop. Everyone feel that way at one point or another, you can get through. Take one day at a time small victoires; like getting one day in without grabbing that second or second peice of pizza. Baby steps!!!!!! Once you get the hang of MFP its great. Stick with. I know you can :flowerforyou:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    jI saw on your profile how young you are and I have to tell you this made me so ANGRY at whoever said that to you...I feel like a mama bear and I am not even a parent (LOL).

I'm going to assume it was a family member or a "friend" that said that to you? Well, my humble opinion: SCREW THEM! That is not what someone who cares about you should be saying.

You made healthy choices for 5 days just by logging in and tracking your calories and exercise. You have to start somewhere.
    Don't beat yourself up for struggling and don't EVER let someone else control how you feel about yourself!!!

Think of this process as a lifestyle change, NOT a diet. If you really want to stuff your face with food because you think that will make you feel better...that's a choice. So is taking a deep breath, drinking a glass of water, taking a short walk (preferably AWAY from whoever told you that) and starting again.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" --Eleanor Roosevelt

Don't let someone else make you feel less than, and don't do it to yourself.
  • nick1420
    nick1420 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't give up it only gets easy from here, we will help support you, i had the same thoughts as you but it does pay off in the end