Is there anyone out there that does NOT eat back there exerc

Options
13»

Replies

• luvmybentley
    luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If I bust my hump exercising off 600-800 calories...no way am I going to eat back those calories every day. But it does leave room for the occasional treat on the weekends :) If you're worried about 'starvation' mode and losing muscle instead of fat...lift some weights! I have to wonder why the strength exercises aren't counted as calories burned on here? So, if I hit the machines hard for an hour instead of running, I won't ever go into starvation mode? Can anyone explain this to me?
  • cath1024
    cath1024 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I eat my 1200 and dont eat more if i am not hungry - even if this gives me a net of 700-800 after excercise.
    If however i am hungry i will eat a little more until i am satisfied.
    I dont go out of my way to eat back my excercise calories but if i do eat some it is because i was still hungry.
    I feel i am doing pretty good losing almost 14 lbs in 7 weeks and am happy with they way its going.

I do get a little tired of listening to people go on and on about "starvation mode" and how bad it is to not eat back excercise calories.
    What works for some does not work for everyone so do what works for you! I am not saying do it nor am i saying not to do it - try both for a week or so and see how you feel and you might know more whether its for you or not.

I have tried eating back my excercise calories after reading so much about why you should and it did not work out for me as well as it might for some people so i perfer to do my eating and excercising the way i like :happy
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I usually exercise 550-1000 calories a day. I usually eat 100-200 over my allotted calories for the day. So I'm eating back 10-40% of my exercise calories I guess. The reason I eat a bit more than my allocated calories is that it's just really hard to hit it right on, and with as hard as I'm working out (twice a day) I don't want to run out of fuel.