Community for CrossFitters, by Crossfitters & anyone interes

Options
1272829303133»

Replies

• BuffERRN
    BuffERRN Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Im looking to got into the CrossFit community, I have some friends and co workers that wear by it... How do I get started? Just show up? Any pointers? Is it a problem that I cant do pull ups?

And it intimidates that PANTS off of me!!!!

Please help!
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Im looking to got into the CrossFit community, I have some friends and co workers that wear by it... How do I get started? Just show up? Any pointers? Is it a problem that I cant do pull ups?

Please help!

If you're going to a box with your work friends, then they can introduce you to the box owner and others. If going somewhere alone, I'd go in and talk to the box owner & familiarize yourself with the people & equipment. A good CrossFit box will welcome you with open arms, some have beginner's skill classes, others will have a certified person to teach/train you proper techniques, and help you work your way into regular workouts. As far as pull ups, no problem. You can start with ring pull ups, progress to pull ups with the band or box to assist, and learn to kip. Welcome to my world, drink the Kool-Aid!!!
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I start on Monday. I am very excited!!!

Enjoy!!!!! Welcome!
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options

Please help!

Not required, they'll help you get there ... eventually. 6 months in and I still don't have one. Others nailed it on the head - see if the box offers a free trial class or beginner classes. Most require some type of fundamental skill assesment/process.

Good luck and welcome!
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Lots of great WODs in the past week since I've posted. I'll share some highlights!

Fav WOD #1:
    3 Rounds:
    - 1 min max push press
    - 1 min max double unders
    - 1 min rest

Total reps: 179
    Push press done at "intermediate" level for women: 45, 55, then 65lbs. (If you can't do double unders, do singles and every 3 singles count as 1 rep)

Fav WOD #2:
    9 minutes:
    On the minute every minute complete 10 box jumps
    For the remainder of the minute do kettle bell swings (55 men/35 women)

Count total kettlebell swings
    Score: 96 Rx

FIRST TIME EVER doing a WOD Rx'ed! It took seven months! I know I'll still be scaling pretty much everything still, but this felt good :)