With the end of the world coming this Saturday........

Options

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Gluttoney is a deadly sin mister!

:laugh: That is what I was thinking.

Maybe I'll skip work all week...don't want to spend my last few days on Earth, chained to this desk. :yawn:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to mention, the same group predicted the end of the world back in 1988. So far they are batting .000. If they miss this coming Saturday, then I would reccomend them getting out of the "End of the World Prediction" Business........

We will never know when the end will come and we will never know who killed Tupac. Hmmm, not in the same level of importance....
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    I think I'm effed at any rate if any religion based apocalypse happens, since I'm atheist. So I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing. :)
  • Dark_Latin_Guy
    Dark_Latin_Guy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well if it is 5/21/2011. I would like to tell all of MFP. I love each and every one of you. It has been a fun journey.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    i thought it was ending in 2012?

That's what the Mayan calendar says. Some Christians have a different idea though (believers will be ascended into heave on sat, 3 months later God will destroy earth).

I'm pretty sure the world is going to end when the sun goes supernova, and who knows when that will be.

Actually all the mass in our solar system is only about 73% of the Chandrasekhar limit, so electron degeneracy pressure will be enough to prevent a supernova. At least we are safe from that.
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Well, the Bible says that no one will know the day or the hour, and that only God knows when things will go down... so its up to you. :wink:
    [/quote]
    EXACTLY!!
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    thats preposterous! the end of the world is on Dec 21, 2012 lol
  • duncnmollysmom
    Options
    I'm going to look at it this way...If the end of the world DOES come, I'd like to meet my maker in the condition of putting forth my best effort. On Sunday, If He hasn't arrived yet, I'm makin' WAFFLES!
  • njrower
    njrower Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    BTW, I would hate for the end of the world to come and only have 16 friends (I recently joined) on myfitnesspal..... Add me as a friend if you like. I'm a great addition to your friend base. I am funny, supportive and I don't bite.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    It better wait until AFTER my graduation to end. I have worked too damn hard to miss it lol
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I think I'm effed at any rate if any religion based apocalypse happens, since I'm atheist. So I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing. :)

You should do okay with Ragnarök. While you won't get to dine in Valhalla with the warriors, it isn't that bleak.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    People better start disclosing their crush lists soon, only 5 days left!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I have a few days to repent whew!!!! But wait the mayans said NEXT year!!!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to mention, the same group predicted the end of the world back in 1988. So far they are batting .000. If they miss this coming Saturday, then I would reccomend them getting out of the "End of the World Prediction" Business........

The dude needs to BUNT! Heck, maybe he will stumble up on the right date before he expires.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    yeah I thought it was 2012 as well. Oh well...
    Thats when the Mayan calender ends so thats their prediction.
    The Bible says NO ONE knows when the Lord will come so I try to live my life like he will come tomorrow! Thats the best way to do it!!!
  • pbear22
    pbear22 Posts: 32
    Options
    If the world does end, then Crap, my sons first bday party is Sunday.. :( Boo to that idea of Saturday.. Lol.. As in fact that they keep saying its going to end, highly unlikely to happen. The sky would soon fall out of the sky rather then the world end..

I guess in the case if it does end, then hmmm maybe instead of eating way to much, have a drink or two but don't get sloshed because when you wake up in the morning and forbid you have to do a coyote ugly move ( BTW not a pretty thing) Then just live your Saturday like any other Saturday.

but personally I am witha a couple of other people I wouldn't indulge in food if the world was ending.. :happy: :blushing: :devil:
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Well, the Bible says that no one will know the day or the hour, and that only God knows when things will go down... so its up to you. :wink:

EXACTLY!!!!

When I hear these ludicrous predictions I know I can pretty much mark that as the day it will most certainly NOT happen. Seriously... God ain't gonna give some nut-jobs secret special information that He ain't shared with the vast majority of His true followers... myself included. When people say, "This is the day," you can rest assured that they are WRONG.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    People better start disclosing their crush lists soon, only 5 days left!

I can disclose mine, but it costs money, lmfao! :wink: :devil:
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    lmao!!!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options

EXACTLY!!!!

When I hear these ludicrous predictions I know I can pretty much mark that as the day it will most certainly NOT happen. Seriously... God ain't gonna give some nut-jobs secret special information that He ain't shared with the vast majority of His true followers... myself included. When people say, "This is the day," you can rest assured that they are WRONG.

BAM! She said that lol. I'm like wait...I have a personal relationship with God and read the Bible, why didn't I know? Some people are so crazy. Its always someone who claims to be "the keeper of the info" or people who know the info but the rest of us are too dumb to figure it out ourselves that "predict" this stuff and people believe it. Just like the Mayan calendar..and FYI true Mayan scholars and descendants of Mayans will tell you that their calendar does not end, it is just the end of a cycle, and that actually "good" things are supposed to come from the beginning of a new cycle. So basically they pumped that up to promote a movie and now realize that we haven't been too good at decoding things and trying to transfer them to our gregarian calendar and the news reported about a month or so ago, the 2012 may be off by about 50 to 100 years.....well well well what do you know! LOL

Quack jobs I tell ya! I need someone to "decode" the cure for Cancer how about that!?