Creepy

Options
MicMar66
MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
Okay, so I got a friend request today from some random guy I have never seen or heard of before. No message, just a request. His profile is private. I have to admit-I am totally creeped out! I KNOW this has happened to many of you and am really curious as to how others handle it.

Replies

• DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If I dont see any introduction I just delete it..Im here for quality not quantity!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Well what i think is creepy is when older guys like 60 send a request saying you are hot....sheesh....creepy!!!! I'm only like 18!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    It's not necessarily anything to be worried about. I get a lot of those too. Men & women, all ages with no note attached. Just decline or block them if it makes you feel uncomfortable.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you can decline requests. There are lots of guys on the site who just collect pretty girls in their friends list. I ignore them or delete them if I find out that's their MO.

It's your account! Only let people in who you want there. :)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I usually don't worry about it. I give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Kinda glad I have a kitty as my profile picture, the creeps usually leave me alone!
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Well what i think is creepy is when older guys like 60 send a request saying you are hot....sheesh....creepy!!!! I'm only like 18!
    Totally agree with you!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    You should be able to send a message asking why or just ignore it. :smile:
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get those too. I just delete them. No thanks, not interested, and definately creeped out by this!
  • lisamarie1227
    Options
    I usually don't worry about it. I give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong.

me too! presumably we are all here to support eachother on our weightloss journeys so i accept and if i don't like things they post or comment i just delete them later.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Kinda glad I have a kitty as my profile picture, the creeps usually leave me alone!

If I really want them to leave me alone, I could just post my real picture..:laugh: But I like my kitty pic :wink:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I get added by a lot of people, in fact more than 9 out of 10 of my friends add me. I guess it's just my picture, but I don't mind. I hope to help as many people as I can. If you add me I will criticize though, but it's for your own good :P
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    the majority of friend request i get don't have messages with it. i guess it is kind of weird not to have a message, but it really doesn't creep me out

When i send a request i always send a message with it so that's good because if i didn't people would think i am a creeper lol
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Just add him... us creepy guys need love too!
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Totally agree! It's so easy to delete or block if you need to afterward. :)
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I figured a picture of me shooting something might deter those requests, but they don't haha

I just add them, I don't care. :) The more the merrier!
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Eek, I've been known to send friend requests without a message, I've just no idea what to say without sounding creepy! ;) Haha...
  • Lifelearner
    Lifelearner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just ignore them and stay focused on your goals. Society has enough creeps - your community here should be one you are comfortable with and feel good about.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I will not accept friend requests unless they provide a reason or their profile is open and I see we have a lot in common.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    the majority of friend request i get don't have messages with it. i guess it is kind of weird not to have a message, but it really doesn't creep me out

When i send a request i always send a message with it so that's good because if i didn't people would think i am a creeper lol

Yeah in general...they dont creep me out..just what i stated above....but i do kind wish some people would put up a picture and fill out their profile...that kinda creeps me out seeing a little white bald thing in a blue shirt staring at me saying "I haven't filled this out yet."