Creepy

Options

Replies

• Kellee_76
    Kellee_76 Posts: 91
    Options
    Eek, I've been known to send friend requests without a message, I've just no idea what to say without sounding creepy! ;) Haha...

Me too! Sometimes I write a message, sometimes I don't know what to say. I usually request friends after I've read something in a post from them that I really like or agree with. Maybe he just liked something you had to say.

I don't like to decline new friends. You never know what gem you're going to discover. Total strangers have been able to motivate me beyond belief here on MFP. That said, not every person on this earth is going to be a "gem" in everyone's eyes. But it's totally simple to "unfriend" (or even report) someone who says or does something inappropriate.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    if i posted something and they are like me, a vegan i go ahead and accept there, something, if ive seen their name before. i have excepted a request, looked at their profile, and if they are creepy or just didnt seem like a good fit, i deleted them right afterwards.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    the majority of friend request i get don't have messages with it. i guess it is kind of weird not to have a message, but it really doesn't creep me out

When i send a request i always send a message with it so that's good because if i didn't people would think i am a creeper lol

Yeah in general...they dont creep me out..just what i stated above....but i do kind wish some people would put up a picture and fill out their profile...that kinda creeps me out seeing a little white bald thing in a blue shirt staring at me saying "I haven't filled this out yet."

I get a lot of requests that I change mine to that. dry.gif
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Just add him... us creepy guys need love too!

Ahhhh!!!! You ARE that creepy guy I added!! LMAO!!! j/k :D
  • neuroticlin89
    neuroticlin89 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    loll

i guess it does look creepy if you have no idea who it is and they're requesting you. however, i don't feel comfortable posting my picture on a public site i guess so that might be why some people don't post a picture up.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    loll

i guess it does look creepy if you have no idea who it is and they're requesting you. however, i don't feel comfortable posting my picture on a public site i guess so that might be why some people don't post a picture up.

Haha yeah that makes sense..maybe try like a picture of idk a cute cucumber or a puppy. Somethin! :)
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    loll

Haha yeah that makes sense..maybe try like a picture of idk a cute cucumber or a puppy. Somethin! :)

i doubt a picture of a cucumber will make you look less creepy.. but you could try it.. maybe the ladies will like it, i dunno lol
  • JEK717
    Options
    loll

i doubt a picture of a cucumber will make you look less creepy.. but you could try it.. maybe the ladies will like it, i dunno lol

Hey now....cucumbers are down right adorable:)
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I love all my creepy friends. LOL
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

hey, uhhh... i love you too ***breathing heavily while smelling your hair***
  • neuroticlin89
    neuroticlin89 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    loll

lol i don't think i'd have an opinion of someone with a pic of a cucumber. its too neutral but not creepy.
  • JEK717
    Options
    loll

lol i don't think i'd have an opinion of someone with a pic of a cucumber. its too neutral but not creepy.

What...am i alone in my liking of cucumbers...i mean i cant be the ONLY one who thinks they are cute...well puppies ALWAYS work lol =)
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    loll

What...am i alone in my liking of cucumbers...i mean i cant be the ONLY one who thinks they are cute...well puppies ALWAYS work lol =)

I thought you said licking cucumbers... but that sort of comment could be considered creepy. LOL
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I get requests from guys asking if I have and sexy pics of myself. I feel like a piece of meat.

But I send them ones anyway.
  • hannahsmommy06
    Options
    i just erase it if i dont know them
  • JEK717
    Options
    loll

I thought you said licking cucumbers... but that sort of comment could be considered creepy. LOL

Haha OMG you freaked me out...i was like wait what...did i type licking or liking..haha i checked...nope..just you:tongue:
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Speaking from a guy's point of view -

a) I try hard not to send requests unless I think we've interacted in the community.
    b) I am reluctant to add women because I'm married and I simply do not want to look weird. Most of my IRL friends are guys, and I don't want to have to explain to my wife why I'm spending so much time with online female friends.
    c) There is a very high female-to-male ratio, so it almost can't be helped that guys have more gal friends than gals have guy friends.
    d) I *promise* you that I'm here for *me* and my getting healthy.

With that said, I will only send a "friend" request if it seems like there is a good fit for support and motivation. And even then I am perfectly OK with someone either not responding or even deleting me as a friend. As I've said, I have plenty of friends IRL.And I agree it can just be creepy to have the feeling that you are being stalked.

But it is nice to find some people here who seem like they are genuine and committed to the community and to the common goals we have.

Oh, and some of the replies on this thread are hilarious.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    Just add him... us creepy guys need love too!

Yeah G you are a total creeper, but I love you. LOL jk
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options

hey, uhhh... i love you too ***breathing heavily while smelling your hair***

See what I mean... creeps can be very funny. LOL
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Kinda glad I have a kitty as my profile picture, the creeps usually leave me alone!

Plus your cat pic looks like a real bad @$$. :laugh: