Grab the nearest book, turn to page 30, read the 2nd sentenc

Replies

• ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    "Persistent cell injury is most commonly caused by chronic inflammation associated with prolonged viral or bacterial infections."

...I'm an Athletic Trainer...don't judge me
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    "we Cullen's have our own version"
    give ya one guess which book ive got. LOL.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    all work and no play makes taso a dull boy
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    The stillness in the room grew more profound,as if countless fathoms of thickening atmosphere pressed all currents from the air, so that her soft voice carried to Billy.
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    So fun!!!

It took me awhile to find a book that wasn't full of lists of medical words, but when I finally did, it was "Be patient with yourself, as change is often a process." I needed to read that today! :)
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    "That b!tch had gotten me good."
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,638 Member
    seem elusive somehow, the memory of a dream.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    "we Cullen's have our own version"
    give ya one guess which book ive got. LOL.

Harry Potter?
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    "Initially, its stored in the liver in the form of glycogen."

that paragraph was titled SUGAR MAKES YOU FAT
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Pain exploded in her skull.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    "Whale-oil lamps, lanterns, or candles throw small cones of illumination here and there, but mostly the men make their way through the gloom by memory, remembering where to dodge the innumerable half-seen heaps and hanging masses of stored food, clothing, gear, and other men sleeping in their hammocks."

(3rd para, as there is no 4th) Book about the HMS Terror. I write historical fiction (fiction based on historical facts), so a lot of the books I have laying around are about history. Boring, I know. :tongue:
  • Reykur
    Reykur Posts: 18
    Weeks. "naturally," he lied.
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    "Like Axis, all Zared's ill-feeling for his brother had vanished."
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    "Oh, Archangel Michael, made in China, save me from the vampiric undead; end this eternal waking nightmare."
  • kumarprabhat
    kumarprabhat Posts: 116
    "This way of thinking has become so ingrained that we rarely pause to consider that it may not be a universally shared ideal - that we may not always want to make choices, or that some people prefer to have their choices prescribed by another."

Art of Choosing... though completely in different context, seems to apply very well to our day to day life as well universally...
  • The edge of a light beam that hits the glass first slows down while the opposite edge, still in the air, continues to move at a faster speed.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    "Any fool can make money these days and most of them do. ..."

Brilliant book.
  • Wilshinault
    Wilshinault Posts: 16 Member
    "And other than the teenagers who hit me with tomatoes to christen my new existence, most of the abuse I've encountered has be verbal."
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Ok I'll do a real one too...

"Temperatures can easily reach 85-90F (29-32C) or even higher, making it possible to grow a very wide range of plants."
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Features include an adjustable rotary on/off volume control to allow for easy sound level control, five bright LED lights on the control module which instantly indicates system mode and a 4" diameter weatherproof horn that mounts under the hood.

Psh what a d*mn boring sentence!
This discussion has been closed.