Whats for Dinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Cold and rainy here. Making white bean and sausage soup with kale. Will serve with an arugula salad and a slice of hearty bread.
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Chilli salmon, brown rice and steamed veggies for us!
  • JessicaBuff
    JessicaBuff Posts: 233
    Options
    Mine is pan fried boneless skinless chicken breast, mixed steamed veggies, and a baked potatoe! :tongue:
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    having a sandwich on whole wheat bread with some steamed asparagus..need something really quick..gotta long evening ahead of me!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I was going to make venison tacos but realized we had mexican for lunch-back to the drawing board.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Grilled turkey burgers topped with Franks Red Hot and blue cheese dressing, romaine salad and watermelon chunks.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about tonight, but I have been eating steamed veggies with tofu over brown rice. Boring, but can be great if you add a little bit of the right sauce. And it is very filling!
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    Tonight is taco meatloaf (low sodium taco seasoning, lean hamburger, crushed cheese crackers, salsa and fat free cheese slices) with mashed potatoes and green beans.
  • JessRachael85
    Options
    I try to avoid eating carbs in the evening as I find they really slow down my weight loss. Therefore the best meals for me are protein and veg- but I have definately found butternut squash a life saviour, as they are even nicer than potatoes when roasted and no where near the carb content. Squash really is my top tip!

I often get chicken breasts to roast but they can be a little plain on their own, I cut a slice down the middle and spread on some very low fat soft cheese (philadelphia light is good) and then wrap in panchetta. The panchetta is the only bad thing really, and then eating it with some roasted butternut squash and salad is just lovely, it looks very colourful and feels luxurious.

Also Birds eye roast in the oven from frozen chicken and fish is also very good and low calorie (Iceland do their own versions which are also ok), add mediterean veg and you're away. I hope this helps!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    looks like I've settled on a make shift stuffed cabbage....boiling the cabbage, have venison that I will brown with onion, wild rice, some turkey bacon then marinara on top.