20 calorie per serving noodles! Really!

Options
2»

Replies

• NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    The ZERO calorie "miracle noodle" can be purchased on amazon. I have not tried those. I found the Tofu Shirataki in the refrigerated asian section by the Tofu. They can be found in larger grocery stores. I am sure Kroger would have them in the southern states. I live in Wisconsin and found them at Woodman's and Festival foods. I paid $1.79 a pkg and that is 2 servings. Being the pig I am, I ate the whole bag, but it was only 40 calories and was heaping over a cereal size bowl.

Has anyone tried the zero calorie miracle noodles? They are only online I think and about $4/bag. For $2.29 savings, I'll just eat the extra 40 calories I think.

*wanders over to Amazon.com*
  • ambercarley
    ambercarley Posts: 11
    Options
    I've never tried those noodles. I eat spaghetti squash instead of pasta. It has 44 calories and 10 carbs in an 8 ounce serving vs. an 8 oz. serving (a serving of pasta is only 2 oz.) of pasta being over 800 calories and 168 carbs. I will have to try these. I have tried tofu and didn't like it at all. When I stored the tofu in a bowl covered with aluminum foil it ate holes in the foil!! I will give it a shot though...maybe just once! LOL!

I understand what you mean. When I became a vegetarian a couple months ago I dreaded going near tofu again, b/c the one experience I had w/ it was DISGUSTING. However, I have found different kinds of tofu that are really good! At my Kroger there is a kind of tofu, can't remember the name, but it's in a long vacuum-sealed package. It's texture is more like meat, and it's good enough for my carnivore husband to love it!! (I sliced it, soaked in chicken broth for a couple hours, then made stir-fry with it)
    Don't let the name "tofu" scare you out of eating something! LOL
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Placed an order for some. Can't wait to give em a try! Thanks for posting this! :happy: